Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Why bodybuilding is a waste of time

sosousage

Banned
Reaction score
if your face is not deformed and you have ok job and social life (you club and party often)

then i wouldnt say it is waste of time

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
People need to build their brains. Too much focus on the physical, makes people dull. Dullness is antiattraction.

PeasantPlayer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
He has a point, for me personally I never wanted a bulky physique, lean and tones like Brad pitt in fight club was my ideal

kbbroiler1971

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok I don't compete but weightlifting is not a waste of time in my opinion. It's an incredible stress reliever. As far as bodybuilding goes, I really don't feel anyways about it. Guys do it and it's their thing. i got respect for them. If they want to do it, do it.

PeasantPlayer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok I don't compete but weightlifting is not a waste of time in my opinion. It's an incredible stress reliever. As far as bodybuilding goes, I really don't feel anyways about it. Guys do it and it's their thing. i got respect for them. If they want to do it, do it.
He's talking more so about bodybuilding

kbbroiler1971

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah I figured but guys think sometimes and I'm not saying it was him that lifting weights is a waste of time. Or they may think it's boring. Me I get a rush and a great pump and feel great when I'm leaving the gym.

R

Ranger

I think it is. I like being low body fat and I enjoy my abs. It makes me feel good and look good.

Compound movements vs isolated movements. I don’t even work core outside of deadlifts. That’s more than enough. Deadlifts are the perfect lift.

I’m in and out. I only lift heavy one day a week. It’s a stagger away from the bar intensity.
Diet keeps fat off better than workouts. Once you get there.

I’m already 6’2” and 215 pounds. I have no intention of getting bigger. I think it’s not very functional to excessively bulk your muscles. I rely on agility in most of my activities and it’s more functional.

lamath

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think it is. I like being low body fat and I enjoy my abs. It makes me feel good and look good.

Compound movements vs isolated movements. I don’t even work core outside of deadlifts. That’s more than enough. Deadlifts are the perfect lift.

I’m in and out. I only lift heavy one day a week. It’s a stagger away from the bar intensity.
Diet keeps fat off better than workouts. Once you get there.

I’m already 6’2” and 215 pounds. I have no intention of getting bigger. I think it’s not very functional to excessively bulk your muscles. I rely on agility in most of my activities and it’s more functional.
Size can be good to a certain level,some people work out and more often than not you cant tell because lack of bulk.
Im not talking about getting huge but i think a little bigger is not bad.
However when you lose flexibility, agility or explosiveness its not worth it.

I agree deadlift best exercise work more body part than anything else.
It will help with almost every body part except the chest. Id recomend a little bit of bench too, unless your chest is already developed

R

Ranger

Size can be good to a certain level,some people work out and more often than not you cant tell because lack of bulk.
Im not talking about getting huge but i think a little bigger is not bad.
However when you lose flexibility, agility or explosiveness its not worth it.

I agree deadlift best exercise work more body part than anything else.
It will help with almost every body part except the chest. Id recomend a little bit of bench too, unless your chest is already developed
You have a grasp on what I’m trying to achieve. I do wind sprints I. The summer and dead mill sprints when it’s cold out.
I have one day of interval cardio breathing only through my nose.

HughJasolphd

Don Juan
Reaction score
Bodybuilding has saved my life if I'm being totally honest. If I didn't see Ronnie Coleman on the cover of flex magazine at publix when I was 13 I would have never started early like I did, which helped me so much with my lung disease that over time has worsened my quality of life. I've been on both sides of the coin; as a normal gym goer, & as a competitor onstage. My comp days are behind me as my priorities & desires have changed, & I don't regret ever committing to the extremes of dieting for months on end, living like a monk & aiming for a goal. It taught me about working hard & seeing something through to a finish line.
That being said, I'd never compete again for the extreme reasons I would commit to; isolation, not hang with friends, can't go to eat with family/friends, putting girls so far in the back of your mind that they almost don't exist, etc.
these days I still train 4-5x a week & I still kill myself in there to train hard, but really not even for physical appearance reasons...I just love to train, I love to challenge myself. It's my active meditation time. I put a hoodie on, crank music & turn off the world. Conor Mcgregor would always say that when he would get into the octagon for a fight that it felt like chains would be released from him & he would be set free. I get that same emotion before I train; for an hour or two I can turn the world off, or use bad things in my life as fire to push myself & exhaust myself to the point that those bad vibes go away. The impact bodybuilding has made on centering my mind & keeping me relaxed is something I'm forever grateful for.

It's all about finding the balance that works for you. If your heart is in to competing & you're willing to sacrifice a lot, it's worth doing a show one good time. If you're s genetic God & can make something out of it, then I say go further.
But the average dude can have a great body with 3 days a week in the gym as long as they train hard & eat well.

Machine10033

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Didn’t watch the video but I have been eating healthy and working out religiously since 1997. At 38 years old I feel exactly the same if not better than I did in my early 20’s. I do not think working out and keeping yourself in shape is a waste of time. Nothing motivates me more than seeing the 60 and 70 year olds at my gym that still maintain an active life! One 70 something just went on a 14 day moose hunt in Russia... where he logged over 100 Miles of hiking over brutal terrain. That’s the reason I workout and keep myself in amazing shape... quality of life and longevity.

PeasantPlayer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Didn’t watch the video but I have been eating healthy and working out religiously since 1997. At 38 years old I feel exactly the same if not better than I did in my early 20’s. I do not think working out and keeping yourself in shape is a waste of time. Nothing motivates me more than seeing the 60 and 70 year olds at my gym that still maintain an active life! One 70 something just went on a 14 day moose hunt in Russia... where he logged over 100 Miles of hiking over brutal terrain. That’s the reason I workout and keep myself in amazing shape... quality of life and longevity.
Watch the video

Anonimmus

Banned
Reaction score
No way buddy, bodybuilding needs focus, courage, endurance, self motivation, hard work & dedication and pays u back a strong blend of less disease prone body, toned figure, attractive personality, self confidence , positive approach and infact loads of money if u enters into the fitness industry.

Bodybuilding is not fr losers.

As we all have heard that phrase ‘ A healthy mind resides in a healthy body’.

As far as waste of money is concerned, use of steroids and over the top use of protein supplements definitely leads to money waste.

PeasantPlayer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No way buddy, bodybuilding needs focus, courage, endurance, self motivation, hard work & dedication and pays u back a strong blend of less disease prone body, toned figure, attractive personality, self confidence , positive approach and infact loads of money if u enters into the fitness industry.

Bodybuilding is not fr losers.

As we all have heard that phrase ‘ A healthy mind resides in a healthy body’.

As far as waste of money is concerned, use of steroids and over the top use of protein supplements definitely leads to money waste.
The point of the video is men don't need to bodybuild and waste hours in the gym 5 6 times a week if they are not doing it competitively. The reason why is how hard it is on the joints, and a few other reasons

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Havent watched the video so take my comment with caution but I am going to answer the question based on the title.

Bodybuilding or working out has been the single biggest catalyst in my life next to my mom dieing and reading the book of pook.

It taught me that hard work prevails all and that anything good in life takes consistent action everyday and that the smallest decisions can have the biggest impact down the road. The health and looks are the side effects.
+1

I've watchee guys transform thrir life from no baeeees to getting them all. Granted, these are outliers not the norm. Lifting should be about self care not necessarily bodybuilding unless that's your dream.

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I truly believe that most people can look like Bradley Martin look him up on YouTube naturally. In fact, I believe he’s natural. Look at his mindset and you can accomplish ANYTHING. This isn’t witty fairy nullshir. This world is YOURS if you put in the work.
Agreed but the 4'9 incel is ****ed. No boot camp or tren will fix that. Guys need to play the hand tgey werr dealt.

I notice women reciprocate be it me shredded or me on a abulk cycle. Its funny how its a lot about mentality.

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If he has the right mentality, he can draw people to his frame that being short is the ****. This is hard to consider because people who are short are programmed to think that he is screwed in an early age. If he takes control of his life, he can use it to his advantage by showing people how little he cares and his awesomeness will shine through.
Tell that to the lad who hasn't had a date in 20yrs lol

PeasantPlayer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Respectfully disagree. In my opinion there's nothing quick or cheap or convenient about building an exceptionally muscled and lean physique.

If it didn't require much time, I suspect there'd be many more buff-looking bros.
Buff maybe but lean and tones like Brad pitt in fight club are different