Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

WHY, and How often u should change your routine?

Rammsteindude1

Don Juan
Reaction score
Just answer that simple question.
How often you should change your routine?

and why??

Thanks

Peace out

Viroid

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Rammsteindude1

whenever you get bored with it.

and why??

Because youre bored. This BS about changing routines to "shock" the muscle is exactly that, BS.

Drex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: WHY, and How often u should change your routine?

Originally posted by Viroid
Originally posted by Rammsteindude1

whenever you get bored with it.

and why??

Because youre bored. This BS about changing routines to "shock" the muscle is exactly that, BS.

Double BS! You hit plateus because your body adapts to a repeditive stimulus. When your body developes a tolerance to your workout your muscles stop growing. You should change your routine every 8 weeks or so. For example if you have been doing flat bench press for 8 weeks you should switch to incline dumbell press. I can take quotes directly from a professional manual if you so desire to back my statements up.

Drug_L0rd

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by wheelin&dealin
Westside Barbell recommends changing your Max Effort exercise every 3 weeks.
you and me seem to be a dieing breed on this forum wheelin.

we both like training for hardcore strength instead of for bull**** show muscles that can only lift half their worth and start to tear as soon as you put some pressure on them.

i salute you.

JohnnyVegas

Don Juan
Reaction score
Wheelin is right. Every THREE weeks you should change your workout. Your body will never adapt to a workout if you do this, thus it will keep adjusting and improving naturally.

Viroid

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: WHY, and How often u should change your routine?

Originally posted by Drex
Double BS! You hit plateus because your body adapts to a repeditive stimulus. When your body developes a tolerance to your workout your muscles stop growing. You should change your routine every 8 weeks or so. For example if you have been doing flat bench press for 8 weeks you should switch to incline dumbell press. I can take quotes directly from a professional manual if you so desire to back my statements up.
Do it. But before you do, let me clarify first. The only thing you might want to change (every 2-4 weeks) are the number of sets and reps you do. There is some evidence as to why this is a good idea. Changing exercises does jack besides relieving your boredom. But if that gets you gains, THEN DO IT!! But realize there is no physiological reason to change.

You cant give me one physiological reason to change routines because it dosent exist. Any gains one makes after he changes his routine is purely psychological. But again, if it works, do it. But realize its all in your head.

Peace

Viroid

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Drug_L0rd
you and me seem to be a dieing breed on this forum wheelin.

we both like training for hardcore strength instead of for bull**** show muscles that can only lift half their worth and start to tear as soon as you put some pressure on them.

You guys are so hardcore!:)

I do agree if you are a young guy you should be training for strength because the muscle will come along with it.

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Changing things up simply applys a different stimulus to muscle.

However if you change things up to frequently it is hard to work a large incremental progression system into place.

Keep a good training log and the possibilities are endless.

If you change things up often just make sure you have records to go back too, next time you do a particular exercise.

Drex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Re: WHY, and How often u should change your routine?

Originally posted by Viroid
Do it. But before you do, let me clarify first. The only thing you might want to change (every 2-4 weeks) are the number of sets and reps you do. There is some evidence as to why this is a good idea. Changing exercises does jack besides relieving your boredom. But if that gets you gains, THEN DO IT!! But realize there is no physiological reason to change.

You cant give me one physiological reason to change routines because it dosent exist. Any gains one makes after he changes his routine is purely psychological. But again, if it works, do it. But realize its all in your head.

Peace
Ok here you go, I am going to type this fast so if there's spelling mistakes oh well.

"Cycling is when you alter your diet and/or workout at certain intervals to help:

1) Prevent size and strength plateaus.
2) Prevent overtraining, and
3) Prevent your metabolism from becoming suppressed.

When you perform the same routine for prolonged periods, your body will adapt to the specific stimulus it's receiving from that workout. Your nervous system learns to tolerate that amount of stress and eventually, it will not shock your body enough to cause further strength or size gains.

When your body developes a high tolerance to your workout, it means your body can handle the workout withouth making any further adjustments to your strength levels or muscle mass. The way around this is to simply change your workout parameters at regular intervals."

This was takin from the book "Gaining Mass" by Anthony Ellis, page 27. He's also got a numerous articles in Muscle Media magazine. Visit his web page at www.skinnyguy.net

Soshyopathe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, I did the same shyt for 1.5 years and kept putting on mass. The longer you lift, the more lifts you learn, and you'll start to like some more or dislike some. Maybe one day you realize your routine is incomplete, like a lot of inner back, but not outer, or you haven't been doing flies, or you just learned how to hack squat.

Your routine should improve as your knowledge does.