Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Who's excited about the Tesla 5-for-1 stock split?

Xenom0rph

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well here comes the drop, TSLA down from the high of $498 on monday....

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There in lies the flaw in the logic. Tesla is not strictly a car manufacturer(Thank God. I have one and they need lots of improvement in the fit/finish/qa) but rather a technology company. Because of this, people underestimate their other offerings and value they bring:

• Million Mile battery
  • Nueral network
  • In house ECU/computer design/manufacturing
  • Most advanced car company for self driving so far
  • Vast Supercharger network infrastructure they can always lease to other brands if they wanted to
  • Biggest Casting Machine going online soon that no one has of the magnitude
  • Manufacturing innovations like reducing wiring (Munro Associates on youtube breaks down all components and analyzes)
  • Tesla's big lease deal in South America for mining raw materials for Lithium Ion production
I'm just stating facts here and I'm far from a fan boy. I despise the typical Tesla owner and the reason why I can't stand those forums. I don't particularly think the Tesla Model Y is that good looking but I do like the EV tech and speed that allows me to cart around the family and beat a lot of sports cars off the line.
Yes, I did mention that part of what Tesla is is a battery innovator. The question that must be asked is how much of an edge in battery development can it maintain (or keep, if its patents make it difficult for others to innovate) to drive income, relative to its current market capitalization.

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, I did mention that part of what Tesla is is a battery innovator. The question that must be asked is how much of an edge in battery development can it maintain (or keep, if its patents make it difficult for others to innovate) to drive income, relative to its current market capitalization.
Yeah I saw that and was agreeing about your million mile battery tech mention.

As for edge, Tesla has decoupled from Panasonic and is basically making their own batteries. They are acquiring any promising battery tech companies which the others aren't doing or are too slow to do so. They(and Panasonic) had huge land lease deals in Bolivia(which holds 25% of the raw materials to produce lithium ion in the world) since a long time ago and have secured them for the future.

Because of this, they will be able to control their battery costs unlike others that rely on LG Chem and control the development of battery tech since they aren't relying on a third party source.

As for car manufacturing, they could get out anytime and still survive merely being a battery supplier. They are also looking to take over the Solar market too as they have one of the cheapest solar options available with being on the way soon to a $2/watt price point which no one can touch in the industry.

I don't see anyone closing in on them anytime soon.

However, the biggest thing that no one has really addressed or emphasize and the Elephant in the room is how are the batteries going to be disposed or recycled and how will it ultimately impact our environment? People see short term now but can't see the long term picture quite yet. All it will take is some hardcore environmentalist to bring on a big social smear campaign and have the mass of public jump in. It will be interesting to see what happens then.

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Another big drop today in TSLA.... smh......
I look at it as a good discount to buy more. LOL

I did the same for Airlines and now they are trending higher due to Cruises starting to resume operations again. Cashed out some today when it got into the positive territory.

Xenom0rph

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good Lord, TSLA is in free fall...... not looking good.....

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good Lord, TSLA is in free fall...... not looking good.....
Amateur retail investors will lose sleep.
Just waiting for Battery Day to happen on the 22nd and for them to post their Q3 earnings which should exceed their initial forecasts.

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah I saw that and was agreeing about your million mile battery tech mention.

As for edge, Tesla has decoupled from Panasonic and is basically making their own batteries. They are acquiring any promising battery tech companies which the others aren't doing or are too slow to do so. They(and Panasonic) had huge land lease deals in Bolivia(which holds 25% of the raw materials to produce lithium ion in the world) since a long time ago and have secured them for the future.

Because of this, they will be able to control their battery costs unlike others that rely on LG Chem and control the development of battery tech since they aren't relying on a third party source.

As for car manufacturing, they could get out anytime and still survive merely being a battery supplier. They are also looking to take over the Solar market too as they have one of the cheapest solar options available with being on the way soon to a $2/watt price point which no one can touch in the industry.

I don't see anyone closing in on them anytime soon.

However, the biggest thing that no one has really addressed or emphasize and the Elephant in the room is how are the batteries going to be disposed or recycled and how will it ultimately impact our environment? People see short term now but can't see the long term picture quite yet. All it will take is some hardcore environmentalist to bring on a big social smear campaign and have the mass of public jump in. It will be interesting to see what happens then.
I see no reason why the batteries couldn't be recycled. Indeed, it has to cost less than mining for the raw materials.

And yes, I would appraise Tesla stock as a battery & solar panel company with a side play in cars. As for investing in such a company, I got into an alternative energy mutual fund about a decade ago, and it has been a DOG. The innovation - especially by the Chinese - has been so successful that the prices for the products have been plunging.

Xenom0rph

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DOW futures currently negative 808.... let's see what my UVXY does..... just think if TVIX was still around it would be skyrocketting right now like it did in Mar/Apr.....

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Everything is down today...

It's just one day like someone not having a good hair day is all. LOL

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jobs data coming in on friday rumored to show half the expected job growth for August, casting doubt on v shaped recovery.

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jobs data coming in on friday rumored to show half the expected job growth for August, casting doubt on v shaped recovery.
These times have been somewhat unique as the stock market has been all over the place defying some logic due to Covid. Not sure jobs data alone will have any impact. Unemployment has been shown to be down(regardless if true or not). Then there is the possibility of having a vaccine by the end of October. Couple that with the cruise lines starting to operate again which will affect airlines, food companies, textiles, etc. Then you have the retail investors that are bored and stuck at home along with the spike in investments based on speculation.
Anything is possible but I do agree v shaped recovery isn't likely to happen. Maybe sawtooth for awhile...

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Worst day ever for tesla stock today. For anyone wanting to buy this dip, look up eliot waves and the five step up and down pattern of reversals. Today would have been wave 3 downward. There will be a bounce from here upward as wave 4 but that rally will fail and then wave 5 sets new lows, but marks the end of the cycle downward. That is not to say for sure that it will skyrocket from there, but it will begin a new eliot wave cycle.

Xenom0rph

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Tesla took a major beat down today.... there's no denying it.....

What's got me puzzled is that Tesla said they would sell their $5B at mark-the-market offering in intervals and yet they dumped it all last week thus creating a flood of new shares outstanding...

Can battery day save Tesla...????.... We'll have to wait and see.....

Trez

Banned
Reaction score

What's got me puzzled is that Tesla said they would sell their $5B at mark-the-market offering in intervals and yet they dumped it all last week thus creating a flood of new shares outstanding...

I just told you all this is Bad investment. The bubble is bursting. It's over with. The company doesn't even barely make a profit. It was all speculation that drove the stock price up.

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

I attribute it to the Nasdaq turning to $hit for various reasons. We all know Tesla is a technology company and is heavily influenced by the tech sector as we know there is a close correlation there. That along with them not being able to get into the S&P500 has spooked a lot of retail and speculative investors. Battery day will be interesting to see if they can rebound.

What I see right now is a lot of other startups and global ev companies taking actual orders from big companies like UPS and Amazon. And now you have GM investing in Nikola. With all these competitors being a viable alternative option(for delivery trucks anyways), Tesla really needs to ramp up their SemiTruck(and branch out to delivery vans if they were smart) production schedule as there are a lot more threats now than before.

Crossing fingers for battery day to reach good levels...

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I just told you all this is Bad investment. The bubble is bursting. It's over with. The company doesn't even barely make a profit. It was all speculation that drove the stock price up.
If you mean that 6 billion in revenues and 104 million in net income qualifies for barely then you'd be right.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Today is the wave 4 bounce I was talking about. I look for this rally to fail and take out the recent lows, but not by a lot. The 5 wave correction downward will have then run its course...probably.

Earnings and all that business crap that makes sense has very little to do with where the stock goes, especially this one.