Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Where are some good cities to live in the USA for single guys?

BPH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Title.

Looking for spots that have decent nightlife and generally attractive women since that's what I've begun to really hate about where I live currently (Wilmington, DE). I'm 28 and I'm getting the itch to get out there and enjoy myself a bit before it gets too late and I never end up leaving.

I started looking at a few places and the ones that jump out at me or see on multiple lists are as follows:

Fort Lauderdale/Miami, FL
Tempe/Phoenix/Tuscon, AZ
Las Vegas, NV
Austin, TX

I had previously wondered about San Francisco, CA or Los Angeles, CA but I feel like that entire state kinda went to hell after the pandemic and protests. I have a brother up in NY and even though I'm sure it has a ton of beautiful women, it also has a ton of everybody else...plus the cost of everything there is insane.

I also wondered if Tallahassee, FL might be good since it's in proximity to Florida State University, but when I stayed off-campus when I was visiting schools I got the impression that the campus is great but everything around it is ghetto.

Thoughts and advice would be appreciated, especially if you live in any of these places and can offer your 2 cents.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you search the forums, you'll find information on all of these cities....

Phoenix and Tucson are covered here:

Miami and Fort Lauderdale are covered here:

Austin is the toughest dating market in Texas. It's not a coincidence that feminist dating app Bumble has its headquarters in Austin. A lot of Austin women are of the SJW/feminist/careerist varieties. Austin is a big of a sausage fest. Austin is essentially the San Francisco of Texas.

Las Vegas was better decades ago when it had a smaller population. You're probably about 30 years too late on Las Vegas. There are big time water concerns there with Lake Mead having big time issues. Google "Lake Mead water levels" or "Las Vegas water issues". I'd be concerned to live there with the water sustainability issues. Those same water issues would be relevant in Phoenix and Tucson as well. Phoenix, Tucson, and Las Vegas all grew too much and developed too much desert lands. Deserts with limited water aren't meant to be big centers of population. All those cities needed to cap their populations at about half the levels they are at now.

BPH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you search the forums, you'll find information on all of these cities....
Thanks for that, I took a look over each of those threads and even read through some of the comments. Let me know if my takeaways are accurate...

1. Austin/Dallas probably isn't a great place for the reasons you mentioned above and the prominence of SJWs.
2. Tempe is probably better overall than Phoenix, both in terms of the quality of women and being less miserably hot.
3. Miami probably beats out Tempe by a small margin, but also has a more superficial view on dating. Also, according to one or two people in the comments, it seems that Miami overall still has a better quality of attractive woman, even compared to the hot co-eds near ASU.

Do these seem accurate? Reading through those threads some of the analyses were overly "pickup-y". Which isn't a bad thing, but I wonder how accurate these assessments are when people are using specific terminology rather than generalizing how the dating scene is as far as getting laid and meeting attractive women (terms like daygaming, social circle game, PUA routines etc make me think the person describing the environment is overanalyzing it sometimes).

Here's the basic gist of why I'm curious though...

I'm 28, I've lived in Delaware all my life, and I f***ing hate it...it's boring, the women aren't anything special, and I have to travel about 30+ minutes just to go somewhere that other people will be for nightlife. I don't want to move somewhere JUST for the dating life but I want to have that as a strong option where I don't have to travel or spend a s***load of money to go out to even try my luck.

I know the above threads aren't all your personal experience, so please don't feel obligated to offer it if it's been a while since you've visited those places to give a personal account, but what is your opinion on where to go in the USA as a single guy if you're looking to have a good dating life? Mind you, I am NOT looking for relationships. I saw Jesse talk about how tourists and people only visiting 1-2 nights might be a downside, but that would be fine with me, for example.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for that, I took a look over each of those threads and even read through some of the comments. Let me know if my takeaways are accurate...
You're welcome. Here goes.

1. Austin/Dallas probably isn't a great place for the reasons you mentioned above and the prominence of SJWs.
I've said repeatedly that Austin and Dallas are the two most challenging mating environments in Texas. Houston, San Antonio, and Fort Worth are better choices based upon the mating environments, though all 3 of those places also have downsides.

Austin's biggest downside is the feminist/SJW influence and the fact that it is the San Francisco of Texas. Call Austin San Francisco Light.

Dallas' biggest downsides are the pretentiousness of its White women and the bad attitudes of its White women. There is a bit of a careerist element in Dallas because a lot of adults end up relocating to Dallas due to the metro area have a lot of corporate headquarters of decent sized companies. Social circles tend to be weaker in Dallas due to the rootless nature of a lot of adults there. Swipe apps are big in Dallas due to this rootless nature. When a bunch of transplants from other parts of the USA descend on an area + some from other countries, it's going to be a bit more challenging. Superficiality becomes more of a thing, leading to the pretentiousness and the bad attitudes I discussed. Dallas has its own thread. See below.

2. Tempe is probably better overall than Phoenix, both in terms of the quality of women and being less miserably hot.
Tempe is a suburb of Phoenix. Downtown Phoenix to Arizona State's Tempe campus is about 10 miles away. There's no climate difference between Phoenix and Tempe. If you are looking for casual sex with younger women, Tempe is probably better than Phoenix. There are more college students and recent college graduates in Tempe than in the best neighborhoods for singles in Phoenix. However, Phoenix itself has some decent areas for meeting people.

3. Miami probably beats out Tempe by a small margin, but also has a more superficial view on dating. Also, according to one or two people in the comments, it seems that Miami overall still has a better quality of attractive woman, even compared to the hot co-eds near ASU.
I have no experience with Miami, whereas I have direct experience with the Dallas area and the Phoenix area. You can find casual sex with women in both Miami and Phoenix/Tempe. Some men have been critical of Miami's nightlife. Tempe's nightlife is likely less superficial and less challenging than Miami/Miami Beach. Another advantage of Phoenix/Tempe over Miami is that Phoenix/Tempe is less Hispanic. Miami is only about 12% White. Spanish fluency is going to be much more essential to daily life in Miami than Phoenix.

I'm 28, I've lived in Delaware all my life, and I f***ing hate it...it's boring, the women aren't anything special, and I have to travel about 30+ minutes just to go somewhere that other people will be for nightlife. I don't want to move somewhere JUST for the dating life but I want to have that as a strong option where I don't have to travel or spend a s***load of money to go out to even try my luck.

I know the above threads aren't all your personal experience, so please don't feel obligated to offer it if it's been a while since you've visited those places to give a personal account, but what is your opinion on where to go in the USA as a single guy if you're looking to have a good dating life? Mind you, I am NOT looking for relationships. I saw Jesse talk about how tourists and people only visiting 1-2 nights might be a downside, but that would be fine with me, for example.
How's your social circle in Delaware? Having lived in one place all of your life isn't bad. I've seen guys use that geographic constancy to their advantage. Guys with social circles sometimes experience less frustration and poor treatment from shallow women on the dating market, simply because they aren't needing to approach strangers to arrange dates. While these men might experience an advantage on the front end of relationships, they have a significant downside on the back end of relationships. The back end downside for social circle guys is that they'll usually have a beta male blue pill orientation and often get married/divorced.

I chose to live in Dallas, but I didn't choose it entirely based on the mating market. Dallas has a mediocre mating market but other lifestyle considerations, primarily the job market, is why I am here.

You could also look at Orlando, Tampa, and maybe Fort Lauderdale as compared to Miami. Living closer to the beach (Tampa and Fort Lauderdale) gives you the beach as an option for pickup. Fort Lauderdale has a larger White population, so you won't need Spanish fluency as much as you would need it in Miami.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Minneapolis and Milwaukee rank high on fittest cities and women there are much better than I expected

BPH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Tempe is a suburb of Phoenix. Downtown Phoenix to Arizona State's Tempe campus is about 10 miles away. There's no climate difference between Phoenix and Tempe. If you are looking for casual sex with younger women, Tempe is probably better than Phoenix. There are more college students and recent college graduates in Tempe than in the best neighborhoods for singles in Phoenix. However, Phoenix itself has some decent areas for meeting people.

I have no experience with Miami, whereas I have direct experience with the Dallas area and the Phoenix area. You can find casual sex with women in both Miami and Phoenix/Tempe. Some men have been critical of Miami's nightlife. Tempe's nightlife is likely less superficial and less challenging than Miami/Miami Beach. Another advantage of Phoenix/Tempe over Miami is that Phoenix/Tempe is less Hispanic. Miami is only about 12% White. Spanish fluency is going to be much more essential to daily life in Miami than Phoenix.

How's your social circle in Delaware?

You could also look at Orlando, Tampa, and maybe Fort Lauderdale as compared to Miami. Living closer to the beach (Tampa and Fort Lauderdale) gives you the beach as an option for pickup. Fort Lauderdale has a larger White population, so you won't need Spanish fluency as much as you would need it in Miami.
I'm not as good at forums so I can't quote as nice and cleanly as you, so I'll just leave the parts in that I'll look to respond to directly.

Yeah, right now I'm just looking for casual sex with hot women. I'm not worried about trying to build a life with somebody until I myself am established and well off, then I can bring somebody into that. Moving to one of these places will definitely set me back financially, but I feel like the longer I wait the less likely I am to ever move out of this damn place.

I can understand those downsides to Miami. Every time I fire up Instagram and find some random hot chick on the explore page she's either in Miami or LA. As far as being superficial and the attitudes of women go...I'm used to it at this point. I have a very pessimistic view of people being generally unreliable or not meaning what they say so I don't think either of those environments would affect me. But, I am by no means wealthy, so if that's a pre-requisite to even having the chance to run into these women then that could suck.

My social circle in Delaware kinda sucks. Most of the friends I had in college moved to other parts of the country. My good friends now are almost all in relationships and rarely go out, or are less likely to want to go to the places where women will be out as far as bars/clubs because they don't care about that anymore. Nothing wrong with that, but that's why it sucks to go out because I'm paying my way up and back each time, and am often disappointed by the girls I see. I find myself traveling to PA or MD when I go out because I have a slightly better chance of seeing girls out there that I find actually attractive.

I don't know much about Tampa and Fort Lauderdale. I've been to Orlando plenty of times as a kid, and from my understanding it's mostly a place for retirees and less of a singles destination. Fort Lauderdale I've never been, all I know about it is that apparently the cost of living is similar to Miami, according to my time on the r/Miami sub trying to learn about it. Tampa I know nothing about.

Is Tallahasee the hell hole I think it is? Or does its proximity to FSU give it some points?

Arizona would be much of a departure if I go that route rather than FL. I wouldn't have the problem of hurricanes, but I feel like a pool would be mandatory. And one of the draws of Miami, and most of Florida by extension, are the beaches. Plus I'm on the east coast, moving to FL from DE I imagine is much easier than DE to AZ. Also the whole influx of Californians bringing over all the fun people to ruin AZ...

Minneapolis and Milwaukee rank high on fittest cities and women there are much better than I expected
I know nothing about either of these cities and have never been. The closest I've been is the Wisconsin Dells. All I know is Wisconsin gets really cold and and I assume Minneapolis is closer to that than beach weather. But if you've had some positive experiences with the quality of women and nightlife over there I'd love to read them over.

Reaction score
I was hoping for something a little less general. Like how the downtown in Miami is probably way better than the downtown in Nebraska...
Are you kidding me? Do you prefer overweight women with tattoos over young skinny pretty women? I’ve been to most US cities except Boston and Detroit. They all have their issues but the issues you don’t want are logistics and scarcity.

Giovanni SouthSide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
San Diego, Cali. You got Tijuana, Mexico 30 min away. The majority of chicks down here havent been americanized just yet. Fine azz girls too.
I live in Tijuana for reference.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
San Diego, Cali. You got Tijuana, Mexico 30 min away. The majority of chicks down here havent been americanized just yet. Fine azz girls too.
I live in Tijuana for reference.
San Diego has a huge military presence though (lot of guys making it a sausagefest)

TJ has some nice girls but a lot of SD guys have the same idea. I think Mexicali has better chicks than TJ imo.

Giovanni SouthSide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
San Diego has a huge military presence though (lot of guys making it a sausagefest)

TJ has some nice girls but a lot of SD guys have the same idea. I think Mexicali has better chicks than TJ imo.
Honestly I been seeing a handful of good looking females as of lately like at walmart , costco , whole foods etc when I do my food shopping here in Chula Vista SD.
Most of em are with their dudes though.
I don't understand how these lame looking fools be nabbing these females.

Even at the gym I go to here in TJ , there is 2-3 chicks that I would no doubt have them face down, azz up in my bed.
Seems like all the baddies are flushing out after being incognito during the pandemic.

But yes Mexicali is a bit more puzzy galore than TJ.
I really want a girlfriend from here in TJ though. I gotta go out more and rack up my cold approaches again.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Yes, San Diego is a no go for that reason. Too many men.

Any top 10 metro near or in downtown
Are you kidding me? Do you prefer overweight women with tattoos over young skinny pretty women? I’ve been to most US cities except Boston and Detroit. They all have their issues but the issues you don’t want are logistics and scarcity.
I don't think a Top 10 metro area near Downtown is that great of a recommendation. As you say, they all have their issues. For instance, Dallas is a Top 10 metro area with a mediocre mating environment. Too many men, too many women with bad attitudes. Lots of superficiality and pretention. Wouldn't recommend on mating environment alone but can be a decent place to live overall.

Logistics and scarcity are big issues. Once an area gets over 150,000 in population, most aren't lacking for options. Some smaller areas with under 100-150,000 in population can be called pusssy wastelands due to lack of choice. Logistics matter for a variety of reasons, but less than the total number of options and the presence/absence of a social circle.

The presence or absence of a social circle capable of arranging dates is the more important factor after a certain point. I've observed men in metro areas of 300,000-500,000 having an easier time getting dates and forming relationships than men in metro areas of 3 million - 5 million.

Friends and a social circle are not the same. I have had friends in my current city for a decade +. I've never had a social circle in this city and that was also true in previous cities.

Social circle matters the most. If you don't have one, you're going to other compensatory factors....

1. Great persona for approaching strangers
2. 6'0"+ with amazingly fit body and great shirtless/muscle pics on a swipe apps

I wouldn't overlook some smaller metro areas where the women aren't overly fussy. There are some good deals to be had in some mid-sized metros (250-800k type metros).

Last edited:

BPH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, San Diego is a no go for that reason. Too many men.
Since you seem to have the best grasp on all this so far, it sounds like Tempe and Miami would be the 2 best contenders.

You said you don't have personal experience with Miami but if I were to visit Tempe where should I stay/go out in order to get the best feel of what it would be like to live there?

2Rocky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Title.

Looking for spots that have decent nightlife and generally attractive women since that's what I've begun to really hate about where I live currently (Wilmington, DE). I'm 28 and I'm getting the itch to get out there and enjoy myself a bit before it gets too late and I never end up leaving.

Thoughts and advice would be appreciated, especially if you live in any of these places and can offer your 2 cents.

Really it Depends on what you are looking for. At 28 college girls are going to be less accessible than when you were under 25. The Quality Single women you find within the 21-32 year range have locked down a boyfriend, fiancee, or husband.

The median age at first marriage for women was 28 years in 2015-2019, up from 26.3 in 2006-2010. Figure an average of 2 years of monogamy and you are looking at a pretty limited field....Unless you want an Older lady....

While married people outnumbers singles nationwide, in about 27 states single adults make up the majority of the population.

Unsurprisingly, residents of college towns are especially likely to be single, while people in heavily Mormon parts of Utah and Idaho tend to be coupled up. The chart below considers a larger range of Americans than Soma's chart does, as it starts from the age of 16:

M

member160292

Yes, there are a lot of military men in San Diego. The women I've talked to have no desire to date them.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
if I were to visit Tempe where should I stay/go out in order to get the best feel of what it would be like to live there?
If you're in Tempe, Mill Avenue bars are what you want to check out for the nightlife. If you go when the high temperatures are below 90, you could check out some parks/hiking paths like Papago, Piestewa, Camelback, and South Mountain.

Check out Old Town Scottsdale, the Biltmore/Arcadia neighorhoods of Phoenix, and Downtown/Uptown Phoenix.

With Tempe, at 28, you're a bit on the older side but still acceptable. Mill Avenue is mainly 21-25.

Look at the point @2Rocky is making about sausage fests. Most U.S. metro have excess single males and Phoenix is no different. Why uproot your entire life to go to an area with more men than women?

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, there are a lot of military men in San Diego. The women I've talked to have no desire to date them.
There are a lot of women who are indeed into military men, and their presence makes the civilian men more supplicative and desperate. If you're a civilian guy, often you will find the women who are into military men to be unreasonably difficult, making them over-attentive to the women who don't like military men.

In other words, basic supply and demand with sub-market spillover.

This goes for all military-heavy cities (San Diego, San Antonio, Norfolk, Fayetteville, etc)