Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

When sadness comes, and you don't want it to go away?

loving

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Why is it that when a sad or bad state of being comes over me, I don't want it to go away, I don't want to let it go?

Aragon034

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i could give a snarky comment, but i'll hold it.

I really think it has something to do with the fact that it's a strong emotion, and like it or not that has physical effects.

Think of terminator 2, when Arnie asks the kid "Why do you cry?" it's a damn hard question to define.

As far as trying to get better, call up a buddy, go shoot some pool, watch a comedian you like... replace that sad emotion with a joyful one.

macallik

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i think it is because it allows us to idealize how things are/could be/or once were. For example, if you break up with an ex, you forget all the bad stuff and remember all the good stuff. As a result that image you have created in your head is much more pleasant and interesting than the life you are living immediately following the break up.

Once reality sets in, I think the pining for the unattainable wanes and things level back out again.

KontrollerX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Maybe the feeling even though bad seems to make you feel alive or important in some way.

As bad as the feeling may be perhaps it also gives you something to take your mind off how boring and dull you find the world assuming you find the world boring and dull.

One of the most interesting things I learned from listening to Tony Robbins is pretty much everything we humans do that is negative is actually us humans intending to do something from having a positive intent for our lives.

For example the guy or girl that wants to kill themselves probably doesn't really want to kill themselves they just want to escape their pain whatever that pain may be.

Also the person that likes to hold onto negative emotions probably doesn't want to be experiencing or hanging on to negative emotions but is doing so for some positive reason which could be the reasons I already listed earlier in this post.

horaholic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How long has this been going on? If its been over a few months, you whould probably seek professional help.