Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Whats your best music?

RedKnight04

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I would like to see what everyone's opinion is on this situation.

You have the girl over, and you decide it would be a great time to bust open a bottle of wine while setting the romantic mood with some music.

(I personally would say Megadeth as loud as possible LOL....)

What do you play?

danethe0th

Reaction score
Well, it really depends on your personality, but for me it's always smooth, smooth jazz. One of my personal favourites are Charlie Haden's "Nocturne" album, which really just emmits a very strong "Romantic café in Paris under the full moon" feel. It's a mix of very low-key jazz with a latin rhytm section, and half the songs are latin classics, played by the "cool" dogma.
If you want to go for the more traditional jazz approach Chet Baker is a good choice. Try and get your hands on the soundtrack to "Let's Get Lost" as that's pretty much just made for the purpose of romance. Chet Baker can be your very best friend when it comes to playing music for women. The vocals that are immensely expressive will also help make your woman appreciate the music, even if she doesn't like jazz.

If you don't think that all-out jazz is going to cut it I'd suggest getting some Nick Drake, which is really just very folksy jazz. The "Pink Moon" album where it's just Nick Drake and his acoustic guitar is really good.

RedKnight04

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
One of my personal favourites are Charlie Haden's "Nocturne" album, which really just emmits a very strong "Romantic café in Paris under the full moon" feel. It's a mix of very low-key jazz with a latin rhytm section, and half the songs are latin classics, played by the "cool" dogma.
I will definitly try this, very nice.

GREAT WHITE SHARK

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
jazz.

but I realized that when I listen to jazz too much I start to act like an afc... hehehehh

I like Lenny Kravitz,

deep purple

acdc

Panda 2000

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Prefuse 73 and his album One Word Extinguisher. It's great to listen to when you're alone and very, very convinient with chicks, just sets the mood right. If you don't believe me try out the songs The Color Of Tempo, Perverted Undertone, 23 and Storm Returns. Gotta hand it to that guy.

Mantra

Don Juan
Reaction score
Norah Jones' first album - 'Come Away with Me'
Beautiful late night cozy vibe - just right for getting her comfortable and into cuddling before escalating.

MindOverMatter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Here's what's on the mix I normally use:

DJ Krush - Dig this vibe, Skin against Skin, the dawn, mu getsu, danger of love

Sneaker Pimps - Six Underground, Becoming X, Low Place like Home

Garbage - Stroke of Luck, Milk, Sleep

Thievery Corrporation - Omid, Facing East (or as I like to call it, the best fvck song ever)

Air - all I need

Olive - Indulge me, You're not alone.

overall, it's pretty mellow, most girls love the sound even if they've never listened to this genre of music before, it's awesome for setting up the mood, and more original then just throwing some Jazz or Usher on there.

mtllcanpssy

Don Juan
Reaction score
hey along with being a pretty good cd, Los Lonely Boys definitely have some good mood music on their cd. (cant remember what its called, but it is good for mood stuff)

jason86

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
A few songs from Soul for Real is cool.

One time, i put some of their songs on when i was making out with a ex and the music definitly set off a cool vibe.

I definitly learnt then, that its better having music on, rather than silence. Nice soothing music can definitly get her going and create a nice sort of atmosphere.

'Candy rain' and 'Every little thing i do' are there best tunes, if you want to check them out.

Spike_the_Dragon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by RedKnight04
(I personally would say Megadeth as loud as possible LOL....)

You kinda beat me to the punch with that one, Red. But, I think I would have said Metallica instead..:D

...Why do I always start to sound just like Dr. Seuss around the holiday season!?...:confused:

Interpol

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Panda 2000
Prefuse 73 and his album One Word Extinguisher. It's great to listen to when you're alone and very, very convinient with chicks, just sets the mood right. If you don't believe me try out the songs The Color Of Tempo, Perverted Undertone, 23 and Storm Returns. Gotta hand it to that guy.
Mad props for busting out the Prefuse 73...

Kidd

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I would pick up my guitar and play a classical song

danethe0th

Reaction score
Hope you'll like Charlie Haden. It's really, really good music too :-D

As for something else that might set the mood check out Zero7. Their first two EPs are bit more experimenting, but both of their albums really just emenates that cool Trip-Hop vibe, if you don't want to put on jazz.

Trance

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hip hop music style is direcly associated with DJ life style and having hot chicks around you. Rock and roll is dead relating to that, and hip hop is breaking everything.

I recomend:

50 cent - In da club
Usher Let it Burn
Nelly feat Jaheim - My Place
P Diddy f. Usher - I Need a Girl
114-Rohff-Le Son Qui Tue (Avec Natty)-Pub
Sniper - Graver dans la roche
Black Eyed Peas - Lets Get it started
B2K ft. Fabolous - Badaboom
Fugees - Ready or not
Joe ft G-Unit - Ride With You
Kriss Kross - Jump
Nas - Nas Is Like
beyonce - Baby_Boy
Usher - Yeah
015_-_Nelly_Feat._Kelly_Rowland_-_Dilemma
Sean.Paul.feat.Sasha.-.I'm.Still.In.Love.With.You
(Busta Rhymes feat Mariah Carey) - I Know What You Want

Other cool songs:
Eric Clapton - Tears In Heaven
Vanessa Rangel - Palpite
Phil Collins - In The Air Tonight
Richard Marx - Right Here Waiting
blue - Bubblin'

BUT!! THIS IS THE REAL DJ ANTHEMN!!! American Hi-Fi - Flavor Of The Week

Don_Marko

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Trance
Hip hop music style is direcly associated with DJ life style and having hot chicks around you. Rock and roll is dead relating to that, and hip hop is breaking everything.
*lol* First thing that comes to my mind is actually a hip hop song... 'you say you a gansta but you never popped nothin' :p
Rock is dead and hip-hop is DJ? :D And ur a Mozart?

In any case on the topic... Thievery Corporation is pretty powerful stuff when wiht a girl