Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What's the most important advice YOU can give to an 18 year old newbie?

ABC123

Don Juan
Reaction score
I recently graduated High School and wanted to learn anything possible about dating women before I develop bad habits.

What is your best advice when interacting with women?

logicallefty

Reaction score
Protect your assets, reputation, career, freedom, and dignity. If you think for a second that you are exempt from being totally destroyed in all these areas by one woman who wakes up one day and decides she doesn’t like you anymore, then you have no business dating any woman. It CAN happen to you

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you made a list right now of the most important things in life, then 20 years went by and you looked at that list again, you would think, "wow, I can't believe I cared so much about such silly things." Your priorities in life will change greatly over time. Don't worry too much about not having everything you want, because after enough time passes, you probably won't want those things any more.

ABC123

Don Juan
Reaction score
If you made a list right now of the most important things in life, then 20 years went by and you looked at that list again, you would think, "wow, I can't believe I cared so much about such silly things." Your priorities in life will change greatly over time. Don't worry too much about not having everything you want, because after enough time passes, you probably won't want those things any more.
I understand your point. I don't necessarily care for materialist things. All I want is to better myself and have a fulfilling job. I stress about this almost every day because I don't want to fall into having a miserable life. I just don't know where to start, I'm only 18, I know I have time, I just don't want to develop terrible habits that will drag me down.

Xenom0rph

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The best advice i can give is:
1) figure out a career path and get started ASAP
2) finish college or trade school and start working ASAP to accumulate wealth.
3) "Do what you love" is bvllsh1t advice from idiot baby boomers, the reality is that you should do what pays the most and what you can tolerate for 8hrs/day.
4) stay fit, avoid drugs and alcohol
5) avoid negative people who waste your time and energy, I call these people "time thieves".

Notice my advice has nothing directly to do with women.... That's because once you get your money right, your career right, your fitness right, women will flock to you in droves...just watch out for gold diggers.

spinich

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Quit worry about bad habits. Just enjoy your youth. And don't believe much of anything on the net.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
For a job, you need to figure out what you are good at. I cringe at “Follow your passion” advice because your natural talents and what you enjoy might not always line up. They often coincide but not always.

There might be something you find FUN but you have little to no natural talent for it. Keep that as a hobby. Because without natural talent, you’ll run out of steam trying to compete with others who have talent in that area. You’ll bust your azz and maybe be mediocre at best.

For work or business, pick what you are naturally good at (and don’t hate doing) and that hopefully pays pretty well.

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Find your mission.

jake-da-snake

Don Juan
Reaction score
Biggest improvements I have made in the past year (19 now) have come from health and fitness. Get a gym membership and start doing Starting Strength. If confidence is a problem for you, I highly recommend a martial art.

Second thing, be careful with the whole Manosphere thing. Sometimes it can be incredibly insightful but too much will give you a really cynical view of women and gender roles.

I'd recommend reading The Rational Male by Rollo Tomasi and The Way of the Superior Man by David Deida together. Rollo will give you the cold, scientific approach to your relationship with women, Deida will give you the mature, relaxed approach to your relationship with your own masculinity.

Don't be afraid of failure, grow, and have fun with life!

Plinco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I recently graduated High School and wanted to learn anything possible about dating women before I develop bad habits.

What is your best advice when interacting with women?
Do a lot of writing and list what you like and don't like so you can get focused on yourself.
Make sure you are always taking care of yourself first.
Be completely honest with yourself and other people.
Don't worry about what people think and live 100% on your terms, if you are not, then make a change.
Think about the long term and discipline yourself (need a life plan first).
Don't trust just anyone, learn how to think for yourself.

I can go on and on.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Move out the house or stay away from home for a while. Get into film school and meet women in the entertainment industry.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I understand your point. I don't necessarily care for materialist things.
That's fine, but you don't want to look back 20 years from now and think "Damn, I wish I would have set my career up better". Not sure what country you live in, but you need money to live. Money = food, shelter, and clothing = lifestyle = freedom, and a whole lot of other things from better health care to better legal services.

ABC123

Don Juan
Reaction score
The best advice i can give is:
1) figure out a career path and get started ASAP
2) finish college or trade school and start working ASAP to accumulate wealth.
3) "Do what you love" is bvllsh1t advice from idiot baby boomers, the reality is that you should do what pays the most and what you can tolerate for 8hrs/day.
4) stay fit, avoid drugs and alcohol
5) avoid negative people who waste your time and energy, I call these people "time thieves".

Notice my advice has nothing directly to do with women.... That's because once you get your money right, your career right, your fitness right, women will flock to you in droves...just watch out for gold diggers.
I appreciate your suggestions. I'd like to ask about advice #3. Work is a big part of one's life and to just go out and do something I can 'tolerate' is not ideal for me. I'd much rather wake up with a smile to a job that pays only $22k than to wake up miserable to a job that pays $44-50k. I don't necessarily invest in materialist things anyways and wouldn't mind living frugally.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I appreciate your suggestions. I'd like to ask about advice #3. Work is a big part of one's life and to just go out and do something I can 'tolerate' is not ideal for me.
On the other hand, sometimes when you do what you love for a living, believe it or not you can actually get sick of it.
That's the flip side of doing what you love for work, you can actually spoil your passion.

ABC123

Don Juan
Reaction score
On the other hand, sometimes when you do what you love for a living, believe it or not you can actually get sick of it.
That's the flip side of doing what you love for work, you can actually spoil your passion.
What would you recommend for me to do then? At the moment I don't even know exactly what I like.

Xenom0rph

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I appreciate your suggestions. I'd like to ask about advice #3. Work is a big part of one's life and to just go out and do something I can 'tolerate' is not ideal for me. I'd much rather wake up with a smile to a job that pays only $22k than to wake up miserable to a job that pays $44-50k. I don't necessarily invest in materialist things anyways and wouldn't mind living frugally.
Well my young friend, every man has to chose the best path for himself.

If you have a passion and want to make a career of it, then give it a try. Just be realistic and have a back up plan because 99% of the time your passion aint gonna be a viable career path.

Out here in Los Angeles, I see so many guys/gals in their 40's working as waiters, baristas, uber drivers, kitchen cooks etc.... They all came to L.A. with dreams of being actors/models/rock stars/tv personalities etc... Now they're washed up, no money, no education, scrapping by living paycheck-to-paycheck....

They drank that "follow your passion" koolaid and look what happened...

It's actually quite sad because you'd hear stories of young men having to pr0stitute themselves just to scrape by and survive...and no, they're not pr0stituting themselves to women....

Pogejr

Don Juan
Reaction score
Read the DJ Bible. Lots of gold there that I always go back to when I need to reassess.

The most important thing at your age is how you look (as opposed to money or status). That’s what most girls you’ll be interacting with care about. So workout, get a nice haircut and neat clothes and go out and build a social circle.

Don’t worry about the details right now, just keep your head on straight, HAVE FUN, and avoid any BIG mistakes (DUI, jail, drug addiction, kids before marriage).

One piece of advise that really turbocharged my growth is getting a mentor. There are a ton of very successful people out there that would love to give you FREE advice. I was filling up my car at the gas station when this old dude in a Ferrari pulls up. I tell him it’s a nice car and ask if it’s a 458. He says, “Thanks, how’d you know?” I took him out to lunch a few weeks later and learned that he runs several companies in the 10MM range. We actually didn’t end up eating anything (free) and instead spent 2 hours discussing our back stories, how he got to where he is, his mindset in life and business, and what he’d recommend for me. 2-3 of these meetings with some very high level individuals and you’ll get a much better idea of your strengths and weaknesses as well as where you should be going in life.

Good luck out there!

EyeOnThePrize

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't agree with his #3. You should have a good paying job until your true passion can take over as your main income.

You'll notice that you asked about advice for interacting with women and almost everyone is giving you general life advice. That's because how hard you try in life, with anything, will affect everything else, including your confidence in yourself and your abilities. Your confidence in yourself is what will determine the caliber of women that will be available to you. The key is to never put a woman above the self work you believe will cause you to grow even more. The balance is to be kind, treat her well, but at the same time be able to check her when she steps out of line and walk away if her behavior doesn't change. Not in a salty way, but because you won't spend your time with people you don't enjoy or with people that disrespect you. Besides you have your purpose and mission in life to pursue. Healthy women find this kind of strength really attractive. Ideally you want to create an abundant life for yourself so that you're interacting with women all the time and they flock to you. To be in the position of choosing or kindly refusing offers from women is a very good place to be. You can chase women and you might end up having sex with them, but doing so will only increase the divide between you and the guy that doesn't chase and focuses completely on improving his life. Never neglect yourself. Check out Alpha Male Strategies on YouTube. The books mentioned are good but remember to form your own opinion and become a master of self control. Exercise long term thinking whenever you can since it's always more rewarding if it works out, which will depend on how much effort you put into making it a reality. You can do literally anything you put your mind to so pick healthy challenges and push your limits. Challenges are meant to be overcome.

Another quick tip came to mind about women and relationships in general. Roll with all the punches, practice not letting things get under your skin(this doesn't mean to be complacent). Be fun and funny and never emotional or dramatic. There should be nothing someone can say to upset you. Once you've mastered that you'll perform a lot better in everything because your mindset will be untouchable and completely yours. A woman will love that she can't upset you. Especially when she knows you'll kindly stand up for yourself if she tries to disrespect you. Again the key is to stand up for yourself in a chill cool guy way. She'll feel like she can tell you anything and she'll know that if she's not nice you'll leave. This will keep her panties wet. Good luck grasshoppa.

Last edited: