Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What's the correct response to "I have a boyfriend"?

The_411

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The response is the same anytime a woman throws out bait.

1. Ignore
2. Retort with humor.

In almost all cases the boyfriend line means I am not interested.

In rare occasions it is a **** test to see if the guy can pass.

If you know what you are doing and you can read that she is **** testing rather stating non-interest then perhaps you can forge on for practice to work on crushing walls/defenses/barriers that women put up.

If not, ignore or use humor and bail.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm noob. You guys inspired me to approach someone and this was her reply.
Hope this is in right place.
Why make this a zero-sum game. Just keep talking. Unless she doesn't actually want to talk to you, then there she's still a social resource to you. There is no loss if you are talking with someone as long as you don't set your hopes and dreams with her. Continue and turn it into a on-going conversation.

Oh great. How did you guys meet? How long have you been together? If she's lying then I'd like to see what her answers to those questions would be. She probably would sound evasive and not very excited even if she made up a story, or snappy. In which case you'd say, you don't sound like you are very happy with him in a mocking tone, etc....

If what she is saying is true, then allot of times people get into rough-patches in their relationship or break-up, so see how she is with you over time. If she gets friendly with you all of a sudden, then ask about how her relationship is going, etc...

Music_czar

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I’d say “oh that’s too bad” and walk away.. I’m done with wasting time trying to charm/entertain women who are either taken or bullshytting me about it.

redskinsfan92

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This sounss like you are trying to say the right thing to impress her. Wrong mindset. You should be your mental point of origin.

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

jnMissouri

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would say you didn't build enough value before making your move, asking her out, etc.

Also, always treat this as a numbers game.

fanatic22

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I had a 10 minute conversation in a bar with 2 girls before a guy walked up. One girl goes, “Oh this is my bf.” That was the first I heard about any bf. He looked kind of mad so I told him “we were just talking.” I ask the other girl if she had a bf and she looked down and said “yep...” He came up behind me a second later and I walked away.

Moral of the story: they’ll cheat if they like you. And if their bf isn’t literally right next to them.

RangerMIke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It all depends on how this comes up. Too many variables. Is she giving you IOI? Have you asked her out? What is going on when you met her? Where did you meet her?

But I will say that when this comes out it means that you are putting out the right vibe. She' shutting you down because she knows you are interested. However, if this comes out before you ask her out or ask for her number then you are going too slow or you are not correctly reading her body language.

But to answer your question, in general terms:

If this comes out before you have asked her out or gotten her contact information... The best response to "I have a BF." is like @MatureDJ suggests... Me, I've said "That's nice... I have a guinea pig." Say something funny while dismissing what she says... if she laughs it off then you can start a funny conversation comparing your pet with her BF... There are times when you can turn this around and get her out... but remember nothing is going to happen if she believes her BF is better than you.

If this comes out AFTER you've asked her out. Just say "Lucky guy, here's my number call when things go sideways with your guy." Then walk the fvck away. Your chances that she will call you is extremely low, but she will respect you. However, you might run into her again in a few months and things might have changed. NEVER burn a bridge.. play the long game.

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As Positive K famously once sang...

"Whats your man got to do with me?"

"How long ya had that problem?"

Girl: "My man buys me things and takes me out"

Dude: "Well, you can keep your man cause I dont go that route..."