What's the #1 Mistake You've Found Yourself Making When You First Start Dating a Girl

Peña

Banned
Reaction score
ubercat said:
Pena agreed but u have to analyze yr mistakes over weeks and months. Don't want the young DJs seeing every date they don't get laid as a mistake to b fixed. Women r variable.
The young DJ's should pay attention to this thread to see if they are making the same mistakes to analyze over the weeks and months. To be a good "DJ" you must learn the basics. This thread is a good start to learn that.

Wisconsin144

Don Juan
Reaction score
Texting too much, and falling into oneitis way too quickly. Time to analyze and learn, golden information here!

RangerMIke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Letting women get too close too fast. I didn't have this problem when I was younger.. I think I'm mellowing out too much with age and women read this that I'm ready to settle down.

Younger women are pretty good about you pushing back on a relationship. But the older they are... well they want a commitment. When they bring that up and you push back they are GONE. I've lost more great women in the last couple of years to this.

Honestly don't know what to do except just get new women. I prefer women in their late 30s early 40s but they don't want to waste time trying to lock you down... oh sure they will come back occasionally for a hook up but it's never really the same... they always wonder if they can turn things around.

Harry Wilmington

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just checking in:

So glad there have been so many responses to this thread! It's amazing how unaware of these mistakes we can be when we think we're doing everything the "right" way, or the way we've been taught (i.e. "I have to text her all the time - girls like hearing from their guy and being reassured of his like for her, right??").

Another example of a mistake I used to make was thinking I had to take girls out on expensive outings and/or spend lots of money on them to get them to like me. In college, I remember this one girl mentioning how much she loved Disney on Ice. When the show came to town, I surprised her by getting tickets and taking her to it as our second date. I spent close to $100 on tickets, and yet the whole time we were there she had a look of boredom on her face, as if she'd rather be anywhere else than here with me at this show.

Fast-forward years later, and in the last few years I've banged some pretty hot chicks, most of whom I've taken on first dates to the coffee shop, a picnic, or an inexpensive restaurant that I only took them to because I was hungry, not to impress them. Saved a lot of money and got waaaaay better results than when I was spending money to (not) end up in their pants, lol

Keep 'em coming, fellas!

Peña

Banned
Reaction score
I made the mistake of being too accommodating to women like choosing the places and days and not doing what I wanted making it easier for them. I learned quick and changed what I needed to with that.

TheMonkeyKing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've made pretty much every mistake going in the past.

The primary thing is recognition of when something isn't working or won't work. I have been unable or at least unwilling to evaluate the compatibility but am becoming much more savvy these days. Suppose it goes hand in hand with regularly gauging her interest level, while keeping my own in check.

FCB

Don Juan
Reaction score
Froze up with girls I was really into and had the complete worst text game and was needy. Complimented and was way too nice, funny thing is with girls I didn't see as long term material or who chased me I was the opposite, kept things simple and had lots of sex with pretty hot girls, but not with ones who had anything else past being good in the sack. Had chances with lots of girls who would have been great, but I put them on a pedastale and turned them off after 1-3 dates.

Thundernuts

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Within the first three months one of the biggest maistakes I ever made was telling a girl I was dating about really stressful events/ emergencies. E.g. wen my dad had a stroke and I had to drive 4 hours to go see him. Told the girl about it and she disappeared almost immediately. Now that's happened to me 3 times but its something I haven't seen mentioned in this thread so I figure it should be said.

When **** hits the. fan, don't expect a female to be there. I seriously had more support from SS than I got from alot of people around here that I know.

Harry Wilmington

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@Thundernuts Oooh, yeah, that's a big one! I used to go on dates and tell women about how my Dad died when I was 9 years old, in an attempt to get some sympathy from them (as if they'd be like, "Oh, something sad happened and he's doing well - he's so brave, but I feel like I should comfort him and be with him.") Never quite worked the way it was supposed to - I'd get a few "oh, sorry to hear that" comments, but that would be about it.

soulforge

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Biggest mistake for me, was with the last girl..

Treating her like my girlfriend within 3 months of dating, doing nice things for her etc..

Will never be too good to a girl again, untill she starts proving she is worth my love and attention.. otherwise keep fuking her like a plate..

Also ignoring some red flags

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
PairPlusRoyalFlush said:
Texting too much probably.

In relationships, maybe texting too much but more likely becoming too loving and "boring" for today's modern women(no fault of my own on that 2nd one though I work a lot)...also very quick to get rid of female orbiters.

The #1 thing though is that most women dont bond from sex and bore easily...so its less what you do and more who you pick.

There IS a situation this can work in, but its definitely not ideal.

If the woman has high IL, and you text and talk to her for a long period of time without seeing her she can become emotionally invested in you. I had this happen once because of circumstances and our schedules, I only had a few days open each month to actually make something work, and it took almost 3 months before we actually met up.

During this time we talked on the phone, texted a lot(not everyday, but she initiated texts at least 4 days a week if not more), I had her so hot and bothered with some of my sexual texts that she was dying to see me.

So on the first date, I am chilling waiting for her by the entrance to the place we were going to and she walks up to me, kisses me on the lips, grabs my crotch and whispers in my ear "I hope you don't have to be up early tomorrow". Needless to stay we didn't stay out long---I railed her every which way to Sunday that night....

So, while I agree that this will screw you up many times, there ARE times it can work if you know you aren't going to be able to see her for a lengthy period of time...