Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Whats better: a wealthy, successful "7" or a regular "10"?

seth03

Don Juan
Reaction score
Say you are a doc or a businessman making 300k+ a year. Whats better: Marrying an "7" who is a doctor and makes 250k+ a year in a family friendly subspecialty of medicine working 9-5, is intelligent, etc. Has a nice face, slim/nice figure, tan etc.

Or....

Marrying a "10" who just works a regular 30k/yr job, has a basic college degree, avg intelligence....but......has a perfect rack, perfect ass, perfect eyes/skin, and perfect face?

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Is this an actual dilemma you are having?

I'd need more information about each woman. But all things being equal, go for the most feminine specimen. You want a woman, you don't want to marry yourself.

However, the best option is probably to marry neither, especially if the decision isn't clear cut for you.

Rogue

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Men don't care about a woman's financial success. The only men I can think of are men of confidence... as in, con artists. Of course, also, you could say both women will end up looking the same.

TheLadiesMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A "10" with financial backing. We look for the same traits that women look for in us.

It may sound shallow to some but, it is what it is.... we want to be "well off" and have tons of babies. That is our job, as a male species.

We can pretend that we're above that, but then all we are doing is taking up space in the human race.

Colossus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Assuming this is hypothetical...you need to ask yourself what is going to net you the most happiness. A wife with whom you can share intellectual interests and have a lot of common ground, or a wife who makes your d!ck hard every time you see her naked....

If you already make $300k a year, why are you concerned with her income? You have to weigh out all factors. Pretty women are great but they often don't make the best wives/gfs because they are lacking in other areas. It's kind of a zero-sum game. Do you want physical perfection and average intellect? Or do you want decent looks but a great intellect and more to offer overall...?

sodbuster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Id go for the doc. I don't want to spend all my time explaining to "bimbo" why I'm investing my money instead of spending it,listening to her whine, and doing the poolboy because I didn't pay her enough attention[money]. 10's are used to having their way and will replace you at a moments notice -because they can. Then only making 30k, she's going to want alimony. The doc won't have a case for it,may be able to be reasoned with etc. genetically speaking, your sons will be better off. Your wife will know what it takes to run a buisiness[time etc.]

NOW if we were just talking sex/dating give me the 10

Trader

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
seth03 said:
Say you are a doc or a businessman making 300k+ a year. Whats better: Marrying an "7" who is a doctor and makes 250k+ a year in a family friendly subspecialty of medicine working 9-5, is intelligent, etc. Has a nice face, slim/nice figure, tan etc.

Or....

Marrying a "10" who just works a regular 30k/yr job, has a basic college degree, avg intelligence....but......has a perfect rack, perfect ass, perfect eyes/skin, and perfect face?
Girls who bring nothing to the table financially are fine. Girls who are not that highly educated are fine.

Us guys can tolerate that - just don't give us headaches

So the key thing is character. If a girl has relatively good character, that saves you all the headaches. So in your hypothetical situation, go with the girl who has better character.

Us men can bring home the bacon, us men are smart enough to get things done on our own without relying on the girl. Us men just don't want girls who CREATE even more problems and when girls have bad character, that's where the problems start.

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Depends. How flexible is the HB10?

Sinistar

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not enough details but I'll jump in...

as long as the HB10 isn't wacked and doesn't have family / religion issues I'd take her first any day. She'll probably make a few good lookin' kids, be happy to be the barefoot pregnant type and will mostly likely appreciate her situation more in the end (unless she is of course wacked or has family issues).

In the end you won't be attracted to the doc and either you'll stray or be frustrated for years. Plus, she's got so much into her career (and her head being a doc) that she would most likely prefer to have a nanny or raising her own kids.

Plus, which one is more likely to sign a pre-nup :)

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Neither.

An entrepreneur making $300k per year doesn't have to be coerced into signing his life away to get everything he wants from women.

Rogue

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Let us not forget Michael Noer's legendary polemic Forbes magazine article "Don't Marry Career Women":
Many factors contribute to a stable marriage, including the marital status of your spouse's parents (folks with divorced parents are significantly more likely to get divorced themselves), age at first marriage, race, religious beliefs and socio-economic status. And, of course, many working women are indeed happily and fruitfully married--it's just that they are less likely to be so than nonworking women. And that, statistically speaking, is the rub.

To be clear, we're not talking about a high school dropout minding a cash register. For our purposes, a "career girl" has a university-level (or higher) education, works more than 35 hours a week outside the home and makes more than $30,000 a year.

If a host of studies are to be believed, marrying these women is asking for trouble. If they quit their jobs and stay home with the kids, they will be unhappy (Journal of Marriage and Family, 2003). They will be unhappy if they make more money than you do (Social Forces, 2006). You will be unhappy if they make more money than you do (Journal of Marriage and Family, 2001). You will be more likely to fall ill (American Journal of Sociology). Even your house will be dirtier (Institute for Social Research).

Why? Well, despite the fact that the link between work, women and divorce rates is complex and controversial, much of the reasoning is based on a lot of economic theory and a bit of common sense. In classic economics, a marriage is, at least in part, an exercise in labor specialization. Traditionally, men have tended to do "market" or paid work outside the home, and women have tended to do "nonmarket" or household work, including raising children. All of the work must get done by somebody, and this pairing, regardless of who is in the home and who is outside the home, accomplishes that goal. Nobel laureate Gary S. Becker argued that when the labor specialization in a marriage decreases--if, for example, both spouses have careers--the overall value of the marriage is lower for both partners because less of the total needed work is getting done, making life harder for both partners and divorce more likely. And, indeed, empirical studies have concluded just that.

jonwon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When you with a 7, you want a 10.

When your with a 10, you want her to be more like the 7.

7's work that bit harder to keep you.

10's think you have to keep them -

Yeh they look great on the arm when your out, but most 10's probably wont be bringing you your lunch and asking you if you want another coffee or a beer from the fridge -

So yeh, when your sleeping with a 7 you want her to look like a 10.

When your sleeping with a 10, you want her to act like the 7.

You have more chance turning the 7 up a notch, by getting her to dress sexier or loose some waight.

You'd be hard pressed to get a 10 to do what a 7 will do unless you have solid game in the sense she knows your a A Catch -

SXS

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Considering that my girl is a "7" on her good days and she makes around 12k american dollars a year, it would be an upgrade for me either way.

seth03

Don Juan
Reaction score
SXS said:
Considering that my girl is a "7" on her good days and she makes around 12k american dollars a year, it would be an upgrade for me either way.

haha dude thats funny as hell

Mr. Me

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You would choose the one that treats you with respect, no drama and who adores you and whom you don't have to support. Not who has the better ass.

guru1000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
7, 8, 9, 10, I dated them all and I could care less.

What's important is her upbringing, compatibility and respect.

As long as the foundation is firmly planted, looks above 7+ are negotiable.

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rogue said:
Let us not forget Michael Noer's legendary polemic Forbes magazine article "Don't Marry Career Women":
Cosign.

I don't WANT a chick who is looking to climb the corporate ladder.

Dated one a couple of years ago who makes absolute bank in sales and it's fun letting her pick up the tap more often than you do, but it doesn't make my d!ck any harder for her.

guru1000 said:
7, 8, 9, 10, I dated them all and I could care less.

What's important is her upbringing, compatibility and respect.

As long as the foundation is firmly planted, looks above 7+ are negotiable.
I would simplify my list to "femininity" and "compatibility". Good upbringing and respect are two traits that are requisite of being feminine.

evesman

Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't bother with hypotheticals.

seth03 said:

Or....

seth03

Don Juan
Reaction score
evesman said:
Don't bother with hypotheticals.
It's not. I have 2 girls I've been seeing on and off that I could choose to pursue things further with...and they fall into those categories. One is a model (literally)...but only works as a bartender at 3 different clubs/lounges in the city, and has a basic college degree, the other is a really good looking med student (but not model quality) about to start her residency. Her income is projected. I get along with both really well.

I am trying to figure out a way to post pictures in a way that I can take them down within a few days, but I don't have enough time to bull**** around with picture uploading websites. Maybe I'll save that for another post when I am on the verge of getting engaged or something crazy like that.