Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What would you do if you had to flee the country?

dietzcoi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Germany has had a draft since 1956, their Armed Forces are called the Bundeswehr.

Interestingly it is the left-leaning parties who favor the continuation of the draft. They are afraid of what a professional Army will do, as in 1939.

The draft is winding down, they take fewer and fewer men and the length of service is down from 18 months to 10 months, I beleive. Hardly worth the effort and expense.

Dietzcoi

TillTheEndOfTime

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't have to think about what I would do. I have already done it. Escaped a civil war.

DrMetallica

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Snatchmaster
How about stand tall, be a man, and do your duty?

Seems to be a shortage of that these days. Take responsibility for yourself and repay your debt to society.
I always stand tall, am a man, and always do my duty. I always take responsiblity for myself and my actions. That's exactly the point. I have nothing to do in the army or any foreign war, and so of course I regret registering for the Selective Service. I'm especially disgusted at the lack of ties to Al Queda, and there were no "weapons of mass destruction", the entire premise for this war with Iraq. So I want a back up plan if there is a draft.

Plus my family has convinced me to avoid the army. That said, if our freedoms were threatened, I would gladly fight the enemy... but the only entity thusfar who is restricting our freedoms is the government.

diplomatic_lie

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Join the French Foreign Legion :D

At 60K euros per year its worth it. If you're lucky you could end up in Corsica and sit around staring at the hairy Corsican girls...

Derek Flint

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Marin County, CA - just North of San Francisco
Originally posted by DrMetallica
I always stand tall, am a man, and always do my duty. I always take responsiblity for myself and my actions. That's exactly the point. I have nothing to do in the army or any foreign war, and so of course I regret registering for the Selective Service. I'm especially disgusted at the lack of ties to Al Queda, and there were no "weapons of mass destruction", the entire premise for this war with Iraq. So I want a back up plan if there is a draft.

Plus my family has convinced me to avoid the army. That said, if our freedoms were threatened, I would gladly fight the enemy... but the only entity thusfar who is restricting our freedoms is the government.
A) There will be no draft.

b) The primary reason we went to war with Iraq is because they flaunted UN resolutions for the past 13 years.
Read the acutal war resolution voted on by Congress.

C) Whether or not Iraq had WMD's has yet to be determined either way.

D) Iraq did indeed have ties to Al-Qaueda, as evidenced in page 66 of the 9-11 Comission report.

E) Name one freeedom that our Government has threatened.