Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What would you do if you had to flee the country?

DrMetallica

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What would you do if you had to flee the country for political reasons?

I live about 3 hours from the Mexican border so I suppose I would drive down there and try to cross first thing in the morning. I'd leave my car and just bring my passport and a credit card accross. And I suppose I could get a visa to stay longer than the 3 days (you're allowed to stay without one). But then what would I do? When I get irish citizenship I could get a plane to Ireland, but the USA and Ireland have an extradition treaty...

naoi deag se deag

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You're giving up your American citizenship for Irish citizenship? Just curious as to why.

diablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Somehow I doubt that you've done anything that the US is going to consider worth going through the trouble to extradite you for... Then again, I suppose SoSuave could be a haven for political refugees and hardened criminals. After all, who would think to look for them here?

If I had to flee the country for whatever reason, I'd just get a plane ticket over to Sharm El Sheikh, on the Red Sea, and live it up like a beach guy... helping with boats, teaching scuba classes, and living the good life while surrounded by one of the best diving locations located anywhere in the world. I plan on going back there for my 2nd trip over the summer. :)

Egyptiandude1

Don Juan
Reaction score
hey diablo, are you egyptian?

DrMetallica

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not gonna give up my american citizenship, I'm gonna have dual citizenship because my mom is irish so once the papers are processed and I get my irish passport, well....

I'm just really worried if there were a draft. My uncle was in the army during Vietnam and a close family friend was a field medic and man they've convinced me I should not get drafted or get into the army so I want an escape plan.

So if something happaned where I had to flee, they wouldn't extradite me? Would there be any problem trying to leave the country (ie. closing border crossings)? Might I need to sneak across the border? cause I know just the place to do it...

Oh and that place on the Red Sea sounds nice...

TyTe`EyEs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by diablo
I plan on going back there for my 2nd trip over the summer. :)

Dude, are you rich or something? You just got back from Amsterdam and you're already planning another trip? I'm going to Germany in the summer and that's gonna be like 1,500 out the bank. I need to do what you do.

diablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Egyptiandude1
hey diablo, are you egyptian?
Nope, I'm an American. My aunt has lived in Cairo for 35 years, teaching at the American University there...

This trip is with the family, so hopefully the only thing I'll have to pay for is booze and compressed air...

diplomatic_lie

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Leave the country? I'd probably head to Spain, nice weather and hot women.

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If I had to leave the USA I would go to Georgia, holland, or Uzbeckastan (sp) because I got friends who live out there.

Also I would backpack across Europe which would be fun if I had to leave the USA

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
germany is the place to be. better yet, scandinavia, while making day trips into Germany for bread and meat and beer.

SamePendo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm german too, I suppose I'd go there.

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
yo G i was born there. K-town represent

Panda 2000

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd flee the country.

dietzcoi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you have dual citizenship you would not have to "flee" the country to avoid the draft...

Just move to Ireland. They would not extradite you for skipping out on the draft!! You are one of thier citizens.

My kids are dual German/USA and have the same deal. If they move to the USA they can avoid the German draft... no big issues there.

Dietzcoi

Derek Flint

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Marin County, CA - just North of San Francisco
There is no draft coming.

Quit being so hysterical.

PoloBlue

Don Juan
Reaction score
wouldnt it be easier just to stay in the USA under a new identity?
and just keep a "low profile"

PoloBlue

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by PoloBlue
wouldnt it be easier just to stay in the USA under a new identity?
and just keep a "low profile"
just like the old tv show "The Fugitive"

diplomatic_lie

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by dietzcoi
My kids are dual German/USA and have the same deal. If they move to the USA they can avoid the German draft... no big issues there.
Germany has a draft? I thought they had some constitutional law against that or something. Or have they scrapped it by now?

GlutusMaximus86

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you're worried about a draft you can lie or actually have a seizure. I had an army reserve guy call me up once we talked for about 10 minutes and he sounded thrilled that I was actually "showing" interest (I had no interest in joining, I was just curious) in joining. He got my specs and sounded even more thrilled and then he asked if I had any seizures I said yes I had one at the time (I've had more now) and he then just simply said "I'm sorryy for taking up your time sir but we cannot take you into the the army reserve due to your medical history." I never heard from them again, how sad :rolleyes:. Although I wouldn't reccomend you forcing yourself to have a seizure for real as you could lose your license for up to 18 months depending on what state you live in. You could probably just lie about having a seizure if they're ever is draft, which I doubt there will be.