Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What really is your SMV?

M

member160292

It’s stupid to mention how much you earn on dates
Disagree with you

Money can help you only if you spend it accordingly and to be like it is not big deal either

Unless you are a multi millionaire and also have plenty of time to enjoy what money can buy or something along this line, I do not think that money helps you to be successful

Sure, if you are a Brokie might affect your dating life, but anything above that it does not help either

In all fairness, how many guys that are rich also have the time to spend it and enjoy life? Maybe trust funds guys, and they are not that many around
Money affords you connection that you otherwise would not have access to. The disposable income you have will give you opportunities to date a variety of women.

Even though we have been at odds and you have made some accusations against me OP, I will contribute to your thread.

I grew up somewhat middle class but in an area which was largely ghetto and trailer trash. What I have found is that these women will go for loser guys that get into trouble. The best looking women all seem to date and go for men who have a criminal element to them whether it is being in a gang of some kind or having that scrappy behavior. For that reason, I don't mess around with a lot of lower income women. If you did not have that sort of behavior or vibe to you, these women would pass you up or just try to play you.

What I did was I went off to college, studied my butt off, and moved to the city I grew up in for a year. The vibe was the same where people were in tight cliques and you had a lot of trashy women.

I then got a job in NYC and moved there while living with a few roommates. The women were somewhat easier because they judged you more on what came out of your mouth, how you carried yourself, and looked down on the overcompensating douche that broke women actually dated.

A lot of my former classmates had settled into LTRs in their mid-20s in the same old town. I moved to NYC and was just discovering myself. I found that moving out of my comfort zone helped me grow in many ways outside of just game. It made me stronger and ironically led me to game.

You see, when you grow up in bumphuk America and Ghettoville, it is a somewhat closed environment. You hit on the wrong girl in some cases, a gang is ready to jump you. A lot of these dudes whether they are trailer trash or ghetto trash have been in and out of jail and have nothing to lose. When you stick around in those environments, your world view gets poisoned and you have a ton of limiting beliefs.

When you move to an NYC, LA, or Chicago, it is an open environment. Women do not feel obligated to go for any one guy and will give you a shot if you have the game. Your mind expands and you start seeing possibilities. When you see a 35 year old guy slaying it compared to some 35 year old dude in a small town married with kids, you start asking what is possible.
I think we are along the same page here. Areas with high cost of living will expose you to more options

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Do people here know of any White women with minimum wage boyfriends?
I do not personally know any White women with minimum wage boyfriends. My social circle is not representative though.

I can only think of White women having minimum wage boyfriends under 2 conditions....

1. High school students/college students dating each other. In those cases, income doesn't matter because both parties are still more or less living off of their parents. In high school, you're still fully living under a parent or other guardian. White females at that stage would evaluate more on looks and indicators of social status (athlete in a sport, etc). The White female understands that a male with McJob while going to high school is expected. In college, a male is closer to getting a career type job and the White female understands he won't work a McJob once he gets his bachelor's degree. His minimum wage while being a full time college student and being typical college student age does not affect his SMV at all.

2. As adults not in school, White females would have minimum wage boyfriends if they are working a minimum wage job. This typically occurs in smaller towns and rural areas often in Whiter regions of the USA. In bigger cities, the lower wage earners tend to be non-White people. White females who are living in bigger cities and not going to school are usually earning decent money.

I do know of some trashy White women in rural areas/smaller towns having boyfriends who are broke, tattooed men with either McJobs or unskilled labor jobs.

In bigger cities, the supermarket cashiers tend to be minorities and there are fewer of them. A lot of cashiers have been replaced by self-checkout aisles. One worker can oversee issues at multiple self-checkout aisles. The fewer cashiers might also date men who work in the stockroom or construction workers.

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Heres my journey....I've dated can't pay the rent to filed for bankruptcy to $240k/year and all points in between.

It doesn't matter. Still women. I enjoyed them and they enjoyed me. Had nothing to do with money.

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not really bro, London is very expensive

Was making like 4k net like 8 years ago ( it was like 65k gross per year) in London, and I lived salary to salary and not really doing that many stuff either

100k is the bare minimum in London to enjoy life ( and you will not really save anything either too)

1k there means almost nothing if you go the right places ( you spend only on taxi at least 200 pounds to go places and home )
I have lived in London over 30 years I don't need you to tell me about my city. I'm in the top 2-3% (in any age group) at 34 years old. What about my statement is "not really bro"? Most people in London rent or live with their parents until 35 or longer. I bought my first property at 27 with the proceeds of my job at the time, I've been making good money for 6-8 years.

I've also lived comfortably on £30k a year in London. If you barely survived living payday to payday on £65k per year (more than more people living in London and way more than most in the country), that says more about your mentality, ability to live within your means, survivability, sensibility, I could go on. Basically, you were splashing and living lavish but only just got your beak wet - a very immature mindset. £65k can raise a family in London, many do it on less.

PM me if you need anything.

Last edited:

Bigpapa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have lived in London over 30 years I don't need you to tell me about my city. I'm in the top 2-3% (in any age group) at 34 years old. What about my statement is "not really bro"? Most people in London rent or live with their parents until 35 or longer. I bought my first property at 27 with the proceeds of my job at the time, I've been making good money for 6-8 years.

I've also lived comfortably on £30k a year in London. If you barely survived living payday to payday on £65k per year (more than more people living in London and way more than most in the country), that says more about your mentality, ability to live within your means, survivability, sensibility, I could go on. Basically, you were splashing and living lavish but only just got your beak wet - a very immature mindset. £65k can raise a family in London, many do it on less.

PM me if you need anything.
Not really bro, I was not living the good life, but everything there is expensive

You could live a cheaper life, that is true. But if you do like 1h till the city, then you will miss a lot of cool things. Logistics are very important

Nothing really happens outside of zone 1 or 2

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not really bro, I was not living the good life, but everything there is expensive

You could live a cheaper life, that is true. But if you do like 1h till the city, then you will miss a lot of cool things. Logistics are very important

Nothing really happens outside of zone 1 or 2
So you rather go broke living in zone 1 (seriously nobody does that) just to "have things to do" while also spending 80% on rent living month to month? That's not really smart thinking, that's exactly the mentality I described above, living beyond your means. I lived Zone 3 most of my life, moved out to Zone 4 now much happier, I'm 20 minutes into zone 1, seriously, you're talking nonsense. It's a 20-minute tube from Zone 4 to zone 1. I doubt you even earned £65k because that's more than enough to live and save even in zone 1.

Bigpapa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So you rather go broke living in zone 1 (seriously nobody does that) just to "have things to do" while also spending 80% on rent living month to month? That's not really smart thinking, that's exactly the mentality I described above, living beyond your means. I lived Zone 3 most of my life, moved out to Zone 4 now much happier, I'm 20 minutes into zone 1, seriously, you're talking nonsense. It's a 20-minute tube from Zone 4 to zone 1. I doubt you even earned £65k because that's more than enough to live and save even in zone 1.
If you prioritize saving over going out, yeah you could have a comfortable life

But it was mainly about living the good life and how expensive that is, not about how to maximize your savings

And 30 minutes by tube might not seem a lot, but it is, especially if you value being in the center of action ( logistics )

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've turned 30 a couple of months ago I've been seeing more single moms now than I did last year :oops:
I don't understand your use of the word "seeing". It could mean 2 different things.

1. You are interacting more and possibly having more sex with single moms.
2. You are generally observing that there are more single moms in your dating pool, such as seeing more single mom profiles on a swipe app and choosing not to interact with single moms.

Meaning #2 starts to happen around age 30, depending upon your social circle and use of swipe apps.

Meaning #1 depends entirely upon your preferences.

I make 6 figs, the women I date are careerist women per say.
I have a solid income but an income that's not enough to impress most women who have a bachelor's degree. My income might impress a fast food cashier, but I've never asked out a fast food cashier.

I strongly prefer to date women who are not careerists. It's easier for me to have interactions with careerist women than non-careerist women. If I wanted to date a careerist woman, all I would have to do is download Bumble and a create profile. Bumble is marketed more towards feminist/careerist woman than the other 2 apps. Around 5 years ago, Hinge was mostly bougie women but I did see some non-careerist women on there. I remember one match with a flight attendant who was very attractive. She didn't respond to my message and flight attendants are difficult to date exclusively due to the nature of their work. However, they are decent options in a casual sex/situationship arrangement.

The best women to date exclusively are women who show that they are reliable, they can be present, your schedule matches with her, they aren't career obsessed, they have some femininity, and they are attractive.

I find that there are issues around reliability with women with less than a college degree in a lot of cases. At the same time, women with bachelor's degrees from elite schools and/or advanced degreed women are more career obsessed and less feminine. It's difficult to find the balance and also find women who can be reliable with good schedules.

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you prioritize saving over going out, yeah you could have a comfortable life

But it was mainly about living the good life and how expensive that is, not about how to maximize your savings

And 30 minutes by tube might not seem a lot, but it is, especially if you value being in the center of action ( logistics )
20 minutes*

And most people prioritise saving over going out, it's how you progress, again it's a mentality like I said.

Where are you living now?

Up north is a lot cheaper if you can work remotely anywhere up there you can live lavishly on 65k with no dependants.

Stoic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I pull women with money and lifestyle. I also have muscle and am athletic, intelligent and set up my life very well. However, I’m only 5’10 and bald at 40. My gf is 27, extremely attractive.

why wouldn’t you use whatever you have to pull women? I’m only 5 10, avg height and bald at 40. Some people have looks, some people have money. Some personality. I’ll unapologetically use everything I have to get an advantage.

why would I handicap myself in anyway?

Bigpapa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
20 minutes*

And most people prioritise saving over going out, it's how you progress, again it's a mentality like I said.

Where are you living now?

Up north is a lot cheaper if you can work remotely anywhere up there you can live lavishly on 65k with no dependants.
I live in south of Spain now and make more than that

But again, it is not about how about much money you make, because as you said most people prioritize saving, but more about how much money you are spending

If you make 100k ( as the example the OP gave) and you do not spend it because you value savings, then it should be not of a big shock that women do not care if you make 100k or not

Women do care how much money you make, but only if you spend it and it looks like it is not a big deal too. Otherwise it is irrelevant

For women it is irrelevant if you have a premium lifestyle and live month to
Month or manage to save anything. The premium/ luxury lifestyle is what it matters, not how you have it

Premium\ luxury lifestyle is what increases your smv if you want to use money as a proxy, not actually how much money you make

Redwood

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
2. You are generally observing that there are more single moms in your dating pool, such as seeing more single mom profiles on a swipe app and choosing not to interact with single moms.

Meaning #2 starts to happen around age 30, depending upon your social circle and use of swipe apps.
My issues lean more on meaning #2.

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I actually think my SMV is somewhere between "top tier" and "bottom tier". Literally, like in a statistical sense, so above average, somewhere. Like if you plot a graph of male SMV, you know how it suddenly goes up expotentially near the end? I'm probably right in the middle of that drastic up curve.

It puts me in a weird position for sure. I get hundreds of likes on OLD but I'm definitely not in the top 10% even in looks.

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I live in south of Spain now and make more than that

But again, it is not about how about much money you make, because as you said most people prioritize saving, but more about how much money you are spending

If you make 100k ( as the example the OP gave) and you do not spend it because you value savings, then it should be not of a big shock that women do not care if you make 100k or not

Women do care how much money you make, but only if you spend it and it looks like it is not a big deal too. Otherwise it is irrelevant

For women it is irrelevant if you have a premium lifestyle and live month to
Month or manage to save anything. The premium/ luxury lifestyle is what it matters, not how you have it

Premium\ luxury lifestyle is what increases your smv if you want to use money as a proxy, not actually how much money you make
When I first made £100,000 I didn’t see £100,000, you never see it all. In the UK you are taxed 40% of that. If you have a limited company/own business you can keep more of it, pay minimal tax, pay dividends, run everything through the business account.

Everyone needs to earn more money, not for women, for themselves. I don’t live a luxury lifestyle but anyone meets me knows I’m about it. I’ve never really used money to get girls but it’s facilitated making my life easier to get girls. Having my own house was the main thing that got me chicks, I keep my finances private from everyone.

Bigpapa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When I first made £100,000 I didn’t see £100,000, you never see it all. In the UK you are taxed 40% of that. If you have a limited company/own business you can keep more of it, pay minimal tax, pay dividends, run everything through the business account.

Everyone needs to earn more money, not for women, for themselves. I don’t live a luxury lifestyle but anyone meets me knows I’m about it. I’ve never really used money to get girls but it’s facilitated making my life easier to get girls. Having my own house was the main thing that got me chicks, I keep my finances private from everyone.
I agree with you but the topic was not about how to best use 100k salary or business, but if making money matters for women or not per se

The answer is that if you do not spend it, women do not really care how much money you make

So this focus on money that guys have is at best infantile if they think that money per se will attract women

Spending money attracts women, and you do not have to spend it on them necessarily . Premium/luxury lifestyle for you mainly is what might attract women ( being at all the cool places, having a nice place next to where things are happening, dressing top, traveling etc )

Last edited:

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
1. You are interacting more and possibly having more sex with single moms.

Meaning #1 depends entirely upon your preferences.
My issues lean more on meaning #2.
If you have a good frame, you will avoid committed relationships with single moms if you are a childless man.

If you get to your late 30s/early 40s and are still childless, women 35+ who are single are either single moms or childless careerists. If your SMV is good, you'll want to date 10+ years younger.