"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

What percent of attraction for women is visual vs non visual?

bigdave17

Banned
Joined
Oct 25, 2017
Messages
3,064
Reaction score
581
Age
37
Has there ever been a study done on this?


Would most women prefer a guy with a 9/10 personality and 6/10 looks than vice versa?
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

steelpulse

Banned
Joined
Dec 2, 2018
Messages
92
Reaction score
37
Age
34
Before, the only time I really noticed couples is when there was a significant mismatch between the two: ugly guy/pretty girl or good-looking guy/ugly girl. This weekend, I made more of an effort to notice all couples walking by or in my vicinity over short periods of time.

What I noticed is that most couples are close in looks and that almost all couples are about average in looks or slightly on either side of average (a bit more or a bit less attractive than average). From a strictly statistical perspective, this is exactly what you'd expect and it's what I found.

In other words, most people are pretty average looking and date someone who is also pretty normal/average looking.
 

bigdave17

Banned
Joined
Oct 25, 2017
Messages
3,064
Reaction score
581
Age
37
Before, the only time I really noticed couples is when there was a significant mismatch between the two: ugly guy/pretty girl or good-looking guy/ugly girl. This weekend, I made more of an effort to notice all couples walking by or in my vicinity over short periods of time.

What I noticed is that most couples are close in looks and that almost all couples are about average in looks or slightly on either side of average (a bit more or a bit less attractive than average). From a strictly statistical perspective, this is exactly what you'd expect and it's what I found.

In other words, most people are pretty average looking and date someone who is also pretty normal/average looking.

I agree
 

bigdave17

Banned
Joined
Oct 25, 2017
Messages
3,064
Reaction score
581
Age
37
any more opinions on this. Very curious what you guys all think
 

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 22, 2007
Messages
8,395
Reaction score
5,141
Location
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
I think it’s overwhelmingly visual.

I have nothing against the “personality” angle. It’s in every guy’s best interest to develop his personality and social skills.

But if the guy doesn’t FIRST make the cut in looks, she will either end the conversation or friendzone the guy.

The funny part is a guy that is her friend (but she wouldn’t date or F) probably has a decent personality. If his personality sucked, she wouldn’t be friends with him. So if he passes the personality test but fails the attraction test, what are we left with? Looks issue.
 
Last edited:

"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

bigdave17

Banned
Joined
Oct 25, 2017
Messages
3,064
Reaction score
581
Age
37
I think it’s overwhelmingly visual.

I have nothing against the “personality” angle. It’s in every guy’s best interest to develop his personality and social skills.

But if the guy doesn’t FIRST make the cut in looks, she will either end the conversation or friendzone the guy.

The funny part is a guy that is her friend (but she wouldn’t date or F) probably has a decent personality. If his personality sucked, she wouldn’t be friends with him. So if he passes the personality test but fails the attraction test, what are we left with? Looks issue.
I have a coworker who is a total chad - 6'1, very good looking, NW0 with great hair

does terrible with women cause he is awkward on dates
 

jnMissouri

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 2, 2014
Messages
793
Reaction score
322
Before, the only time I really noticed couples is when there was a significant mismatch between the two: ugly guy/pretty girl or good-looking guy/ugly girl. This weekend, I made more of an effort to notice all couples walking by or in my vicinity over short periods of time.

What I noticed is that most couples are close in looks and that almost all couples are about average in looks or slightly on either side of average (a bit more or a bit less attractive than average). From a strictly statistical perspective, this is exactly what you'd expect and it's what I found.

In other words, most people are pretty average looking and date someone who is also pretty normal/average looking.
I agree with this. Women tell me I'm attractive, I catch them looking at me all the time, etc. But it's usually a challenge to date the 9's and 10's for me. I suspect that would not be the case if I had Brad Pitt style looks though. I'm not ugly but I am not perfect either. Generally I date women who are 7-10, mostly in the middle I would say.
 

Crown

Don Juan
Joined
Jan 14, 2019
Messages
161
Reaction score
144
As long as you're hotter than her, you don't have to be worried about the visual part.
 

redskinsfan92

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 18, 2018
Messages
1,827
Reaction score
1,459
Age
34
Looks can be improved more easily than personality. Style, hair, dress, teeth, working outh.
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

zekko

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 6, 2009
Messages
16,757
Reaction score
9,961
Looks can be improved more easily than personality. Style, hair, dress, teeth, working outh.
This is probably splitting hairs, but I've always considered "looks" to be something you can't change, your genetics and whatnot. The stuff you're talking about would be considered "appearance".

Good point though, personality is harder to change than most might think, especially once you get to a certain age. Isn't that basically what PUA gurus try to do, give you a new personality?
 

jnMissouri

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 2, 2014
Messages
793
Reaction score
322
Varies wildly and very subjective
I agree with this, though I would say if you are a guy who is a 10, you can do far better than the guy who is a 6 and has a great PUA personality. I think PUA techniques can drastically help, but they'll never replace good looks.
 

jnMissouri

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 2, 2014
Messages
793
Reaction score
322
Fair enough. He’s getting dates because they like his look. His next step is to work on the awkwardness.


I see what you’re saying. He’s getting the dates, but is too nervous/awkward properly move forward.
There is also the opposite of that. I was not awkward on dates in my twenties but I did ALL the wrong things. Dinner dates, complimenting women, never showing sexual interest. It was amazing because I dated hot women, but I always got friended. After studying David D. I started having success and getting them in the sack.

Still have my weak areas, we all do, but I'm doing 100 times better than I used to and actually have sex with/date multiple women.
 

"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 22, 2007
Messages
8,395
Reaction score
5,141
Location
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
Good point though, personality is harder to change than most might think, especially once you get to a certain age. Isn't that basically what PUA gurus try to do, give you a new personality?
Correct. Plus you may not want to change your personality. We get “attached” to our personality. It’s our identity.

Like the whole introvert/extrovert thing you and I discussed in the past. I LOVE being an introvert. I wouldn’t change it for anything.
 

Spaz

Banned
Joined
Jan 14, 2018
Messages
8,337
Reaction score
6,878
You guys must remember that a women's smv and a man's smv are measured differently.

Whilst looks has the pulling power it doesn't equates staying power.

The vast majority of people entering this forum fails at staying power or holding power.
 

zekko

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 6, 2009
Messages
16,757
Reaction score
9,961
The vast majority of people entering this forum fails at staying power or holding power.
True enough. Of course, if you believe what they say few of them are interested in sticking around anyway.
Guys who do have an interests in having staying power, and guys that girls want to keep around, are dismissed as beta.

Yet, I've always maintained that if you are of superior value, a woman will want to keep you around. Why wouldn't she?
There is also such a thing as women wanting to keep around a guy just to use him (while banging the alpha in PUA Bro Theory), but that is just one possibility. I think most women genuinely are attracted to their long term men, at least at first, although they may grow to despise him, or stop appreciating him.
 

Spaz

Banned
Joined
Jan 14, 2018
Messages
8,337
Reaction score
6,878
True enough. Of course, if you believe what they say few of them are interested in sticking around anyway.
Guys who do have an interests in having staying power, and guys that girls want to keep around, are dismissed as beta.

Yet, I've always maintained that if you are of superior value, a woman will want to keep you around. Why wouldn't she?
There is also such a thing as women wanting to keep around a guy just to use him (while banging the alpha in PUA Bro Theory), but that is just one possibility. I think most women genuinely are attracted to their long term men, at least at first, although they may grow to despise him, or stop appreciating him.
This might be your beliefs or even that of the majority of men in the forum - basically how most people think.

A man will have a woman's (incl. men and children) loyalty when he inspires admiration and this in turn elicits respect from her - how I think and how it influences the way I do things.

Take a wild guess who has the staying power from the above 2 examples ?
 

zekko

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 6, 2009
Messages
16,757
Reaction score
9,961
A man will have a woman's (incl. men and children) loyalty when he inspires admiration and this in turn elicits respect from her - how I think and how it influences the way I do things.

Take a wild guess who has the staying power from the above 2 examples ?
What two examples? I only see one example.
From what I see, what you are saying backs up what I said entirely. If a man inspires admiration and respect, then the woman is going to want to keep him around for the long term.
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

Top