Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What one single band do you wish would come back?

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Giovanni Casanova
Definitely, definitely Jackson Five.

*Glances around nervously.*

I mean Guns N Roses.
abc...its easy as 123

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Radiohead

I'm sure some of you get what I'm driving at ...

The Jam quit because they didn't want to keep soldiering on, getting lamer and lamer as the years wore on. Kudos to the Jam for keeping their legacy intact.

Pink Floyd? Of course, Syd Barrett ain't coming back to do music (apparently he is out) ... and there goes any interest I have in seeing Pink Floyd re-emerge.

I recently read that the fellow from the La's ("There She Goes") still plays solo gigs in local pubs, and has some material that is as good as anything the La's ever did, avioding the music industry in disgust... but I've recently heard a rumor the La's may be putting something out ?!?!?

Hypoxia II

Don Juan
Reaction score
ever listen to the early stuff, see emily play,echos, saucerful of secrets, relics? thats all the acid tripping days.

If I remember right "Echoes" was actually the final track on the album "Meddle" which was released in 1971, the album b4 "Dark Side of the Moon". "Echoes" was then also the title of a "Best of compilation" later released in the '80's.

The album "Meddle" was a colaboration of Roger Waters and Dave Gilmore that defined the current Pink Floyd sound we are all familiar with.

The track "Echoes" was also rumored to be an alteranate soundtrack for "2001: A Space Odyssey" by Stanley Kubrick.
(I have it synced if anyone would like to see it btw)

Anyway, that's all from the top of my head but I do know for a fact that "Meddle" was released in 1971 well after Barret was released from the band.....

Hypoxia II

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Pink Floyd with Roger Waters without a doubt. Supertramp, Zeppelin, GNR

Now for some bands/artists I DON'T want to see get back together or put out more music:

Menudo
Milli Vanilli
Spice Girls
New Kids on The Block
The Osmond Brothers
Vanilla Ice
WHAM

Bands and artists I wish would disappear:

All the ex-mousketeers bands and artists EXCEPT for Christina Aglieura (sp?) who has one of the most incredible voices around...if only she would do more songs that show her talent, though.
John Tesch
Yoko Ono

Okay...that's it for now.

Fenderules

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Wyldfire
Pink Floyd with Roger Waters without a doubt. Supertramp, Zeppelin, GNR

Now for some bands/artists I DON'T want to see get back together or put out more music:

Menudo
Milli Vanilli
Spice Girls
New Kids on The Block
The Osmond Brothers
Vanilla Ice
WHAM

actually Vanilla Ice is back, he does rap metal now haha.

Jay-X

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by TyTe`EyEs
The Doors.

They had so much potential.
that's an answer:D plus we don juans could still learn something from jim morrison;)

HBK

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nirvana

GNR'S

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Personally, I wouldn't like seeing Zeppelin get back together. Robert Plant's voice isn't holding up very well anymore. Go buy Page & Plant Unledded and you'll see what I mean. Also remember that album's 10 years old already.

I'd have to vote for Saigon Kick or T.Rex. Saigon Kick was definately underrated, but they were so fvcking talented! As for T.Rex, it's unfortunate that Marc Bolan was killed in a car accident. He had as much power to revolutionize rock as Jim Morrison had.

Guns N Roses is another good one. I hear that Chinese Democracy is finally going to be released this year (I'm not holding my breath)

Helter Skelter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by crowes22
Beatles songs sound like something they would play in a damn homosexual nightclub.
Your an A..hole who's opinion is of no value.

But, what would you expect coming from a 12 year old.

familyguyfan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by crowes22
You have got to be kidding. The TRUE best band of ALL time, hands down is Led Zeppelin. Beatles songs sound like something they would play in a damn homosexual nightclub.

Nobody came close to Zeppelin when they were together, and now 30 years later, they are still on top.
Your statements just prove your lack of validity on the subject.

Although I think early Beatles stuff still is great music, I can understand why people think the Beatles are overrated when they only hear that stuff. I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that's all you've heard. If that's the case, then don't go saying they suck cause you haven't heard it all. If you have heard it all, and you still can't admit to their incredible songwriting prowess, then you truly don't have any appreciation for music.

So go and listen to Revolver and the White Album before you say that the Beatles suck.

And I do love Zeppelin as well. They definitely have much more talent at playing instruments, but the Beatles were much better songwriters.

il_duce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Desdinova
Personally, I wouldn't like seeing Zeppelin get back together. Robert Plant's voice isn't holding up very well anymore. Go buy Page & Plant Unledded and you'll see what I mean. Also remember that album's 10 years old already.
Yeah, his voice does suck now. But so ****ing what? Tell me, have you ever seen them live? No, and neither have I. It's been almost 30 years since they've performed live. And that's really the only reason they need to get back together...**** any new albums, just go on tour and show today's bands how it's done. Because no band in the history of rock rocks harder than Zeppelin. Sure, the Beatles may have written better songs, and the Stones were on top of their game for about 3 times as long, but it can't, just CAN NOT be disputed that Zeppelin rocks the hardest.

mroriginal

Banned
Reaction score
Heres A list of some of the bands that I would like to see get back together

1.soundgarden
2.G&R
3.sublime
4.Alice In Chains
5.Pink floyd

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
what about some black sabbath?
or even if you could see randy rhodes play ?(rest in peace)

what great talent.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by il_duce
Yeah, his voice does suck now. But so ****ing what? Tell me, have you ever seen them live? No, and neither have I. It's been almost 30 years since they've performed live. And that's really the only reason they need to get back together...**** any new albums, just go on tour and show today's bands how it's done. Because no band in the history of rock rocks harder than Zeppelin. Sure, the Beatles may have written better songs, and the Stones were on top of their game for about 3 times as long, but it can't, just CAN NOT be disputed that Zeppelin rocks the hardest.
led fer yer head!

crowes22

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by familyguyfan
Your statements just prove your lack of validity on the subject.

Although I think early Beatles stuff still is great music, I can understand why people think the Beatles are overrated when they only hear that stuff. I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that's all you've heard. If that's the case, then don't go saying they suck cause you haven't heard it all. If you have heard it all, and you still can't admit to their incredible songwriting prowess, then you truly don't have any appreciation for music.

So go and listen to Revolver and the White Album before you say that the Beatles suck.

And I do love Zeppelin as well. They definitely have much more talent at playing instruments, but the Beatles were much better songwriters.
OK man, I respect what the Beatles did as far as breaking through, but none of their music did anything for me, EVER.

To clarify, I don't want Zep to get back, it wouldn't be good or natural I agree, and they can't..a member is dead, same w/ the Beatles. Plant and Page both don't have 2day what they had but that still doesn't take from what they did, which was sweep the floor when they were playing. And they still sweep the floor, nobody has even come close.

PS though, I saw Page and Plant in 1998 and it was a great show, I assure you. But the REAL Zep group will never be live again, b/c Bonham is dead and w/ a band that great every member is absolutely essential.

Closing, my entire point is Led Zeppelin is THE greatest rock band (not heavy metal, Zep was not a heavy metal band, but a rock n roll band!!) that we have on record.