Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What I've learned in my time away from the forum.

playa99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been away from the forum for a while. It's given me space to grow & improve my life. I spent FAR too much time on here browsing & being bitter about life, rather than out in the real world living my life!

I'm not perfect now, no-one is, but I have learned a few things on the way, which have really helped me:

Let go of the past
I believe that if most guys here are honest, they come here with some kind of baggage. That can be a life of rejection, it can be childhood issues (It was for me.) or it can be something else. What ever happened, it doesn't matter whose fault it is. From the moment you come to this site, you need to be a blank slate. The past cannot be changed. It can be moved on from, but it CANNOT BE CHANGED. The tips & advice found in this forum, particularly on the tips page, have the potential to change your life. I've held on to the past for most of my life. I've been angry at family members, friends & women. That anger changed nothing & ultimately led to me sat at home, not doing all that much with my life. The only way to process the past is to move on & accept it.

Live in it & it's like drinking poison & expecting someone else to die.

What can you learn from the past? Where have you failed? What patterns do you see that you want to change? How do you go about changing them>

Adapted consistency
I am a big fan of the gym, but for a long time I struggled with consistency. I would go for 3 weeks doing perfect workouts, gain some muscle & stop going. I would scoff at guys who did curls every workout, but over time, they got bigger & I stayed as I was.

It doesn't matter where you start of how refined you are in the beginning. If you set a goal, consistency is important, but it's more important to adapt & change what you do until it yields the right results.

Women are not evil.
There are bad & good people in the world. I see a lot of guys here & in real life hanging on to the notion that women are evil. This isn't true, it is black & white thinking. I don't believe most guys honestly think that. It's a coping mechanism for not being able to get what you want. It isn't womankind's fault that they don't go out with you, it's your job to fix it!

Boundaries.
What do you stand for? Theres not many truly wrong answers to this. I never used to set boundaries & I got walked all over. I used to believe that 'People should automatically respect me, because of who I am.' This blind approach led to a lot of pain. Boundaries can be overt or covert, but they do matter in every area of life.

logicallefty

Reaction score
Great post. Regarding the "Women are not evil" comment, I think the reason many of us think that most or all women are evil is because of the blue pill propaganda BS we have been fed throughout our lives. That would be the concept that women are princesses who can do no wrong and should be respected and worshiped ONLY because they are women. Had we been taught the truth at early ages that "Some women are good, some women are bad. ", not so extreme, then I think our positions now on women wouldn't be so extreme either.

I would bet money that I, Logicallefty, at least at one time, was one of the most bitter and jaded guys on SoSuave about women. I've been able to start mellowing that out in the past 6 x months or so. I no longer see every woman as this evil creature who is automatically gonna fvck me over, but rather a creature I need to study extremely carefully and assess before I give her any chances to fvck me over. In short, I have the power and control of the outcome from that, not her.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This post really hit close to home with me. Letting go of the past is one of the hardest things for me to do. And I’m trying to cut down on my Red Pill Reading too: it’s really hard to not see women as the enemy a ton of the time.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This post really hit close to home with me. Letting go of the past is one of the hardest things for me to do. And I’m trying to cut down on my Red Pill Reading too: it’s really hard to not see women as the enemy a ton of the time.
Its nearly impossible to get past it if you dont get successes under your belt. If your most recent woman experience is bad then thats the last thing on your mind.

playa99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Misconceptions of SoSuave.

I've been away for a minute & truthfully I've been pretty miserable. I've been heavy into therapy & dealing with my own mental issues.

That's brought me back to SoSuave & to round 2 of giving the 'DJ principles' a go. The book of Pook & the DJ bible as well as the High School bible back in the day really helped me change my life by getting better grades in school, having more confidence & better self esteem.

I got to a point about 2 years ago where I felt as though living the 'DJ' way was no longer compatible with the real world & felt as though SoSuave had become a part of something I really didn't want to associate with.

I was wrong.

It is still possible & a great way for men to improve.

Sure, there are people on this site & others like it whose views deserve to be put in the bin. People who simply cannot accept they are not behaving in the right way & need to change, but they won't. These people generally end up banned.

These views are cognitive distortions, no different to radical figures from all ends of the spectrum.

I have been acting in the wrong way as of late. I have been lazy, envious & unaware. I haven't improved myself in the way that is best for me. My work has suffered as has my personal life. I've tried the whole 'Accepting myself as I am' mantra, when the reality is, that version of me deserves compassion, but also deserves to be put in the bin. I have to accept that & do better.

sosousage

Banned
Reaction score
I've been away from the forum for a while. It's given me space to grow & improve my life. I spent FAR too much time on here browsing & being bitter about life, rather than out in the real world living my life!

I'm not perfect now, no-one is, but I have learned a few things on the way, which have really helped me:

Let go of the past
I believe that if most guys here are honest, they come here with some kind of baggage. That can be a life of rejection, it can be childhood issues (It was for me.) or it can be something else. What ever happened, it doesn't matter whose fault it is. From the moment you come to this site, you need to be a blank slate. The past cannot be changed. It can be moved on from, but it CANNOT BE CHANGED. The tips & advice found in this forum, particularly on the tips page, have the potential to change your life. I've held on to the past for most of my life. I've been angry at family members, friends & women. That anger changed nothing & ultimately led to me sat at home, not doing all that much with my life. The only way to process the past is to move on & accept it.

Live in it & it's like drinking poison & expecting someone else to die.

What can you learn from the past? Where have you failed? What patterns do you see that you want to change? How do you go about changing them>

Adapted consistency
I am a big fan of the gym, but for a long time I struggled with consistency. I would go for 3 weeks doing perfect workouts, gain some muscle & stop going. I would scoff at guys who did curls every workout, but over time, they got bigger & I stayed as I was.

It doesn't matter where you start of how refined you are in the beginning. If you set a goal, consistency is important, but it's more important to adapt & change what you do until it yields the right results.

Women are not evil.
There are bad & good people in the world. I see a lot of guys here & in real life hanging on to the notion that women are evil. This isn't true, it is black & white thinking. I don't believe most guys honestly think that. It's a coping mechanism for not being able to get what you want. It isn't womankind's fault that they don't go out with you, it's your job to fix it!

Boundaries.
What do you stand for? Theres not many truly wrong answers to this. I never used to set boundaries & I got walked all over. I used to believe that 'People should automatically respect me, because of who I am.' This blind approach led to a lot of pain. Boundaries can be overt or covert, but they do matter in every area of life.
i read only first line but

this is true

forums == proscratinating

i need to get rid of this ugly habit

Epic Days

Banned
Reaction score
Things a woman doesn’t have in her paradigm. Self examination is alien.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have been acting in the wrong way as of late. I have been lazy, envious & unaware. I haven't improved myself in the way that is best for me. My work has suffered as has my personal life. I've tried the whole 'Accepting myself as I am' mantra, when the reality is, that version of me deserves compassion, but also deserves to be put in the bin. I have to accept that & do better.
Have you read this? It might be helpful.

https://www.sosuave.net/forum/threads/the-magic-story-must-read.155403/

Kotaix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The part about letting go of the past is huge, the past and future do not exist, we only exist in this instant of time. Thinking about the past or what might happen in the future and trying to plan for everything is a recipe for failure. I see so many guys here that are stuck in their own heads like I used to be, obsessing over one girl like I used to do. Nothing has been more liberating than letting go, not being self-revealing, and allowing myself to be happy and open, not to mention the immediate increase in female attention it brings.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The part about letting go of the past is huge, the past and future do not exist, we only exist in this instant of time. Thinking about the past or what might happen in the future and trying to plan for everything is a recipe for failure. I see so many guys here that are stuck in their own heads like I used to be, obsessing over one girl like I used to do. Nothing has been more liberating than letting go, not being self-revealing, and allowing myself to be happy and open, not to mention the immediate increase in female attention it brings.
A process to focus our mind on the moment?

playa99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sometimes, things are just sh!t.

Accepting that goes a long way & is the key to getting things better. You may have failed in some way, or not been good enough, got fired or lost a relationship.

There are lessons to be learned in every failure & every failure is an opportunity. The last 2 years of my life have been a series of failures & an inability to accept said failures in both my personal & professional life. No more.

You've got to look at yourself & honesty learn from mistakes. Things happen for you, not to you.

Extreme honesty, extreme ownership. These things are crucial to fulfilment. Accept where you're at. There is no shame in it & the guilt of not changing sooner will pass.

You cannot move on without accepting this. I've done it before. In 2007, when I came here, crushed because I'd been rejected by the girl I liked.

Ego has held me back, made me believe I'm better than where I'm at. That I should have more. Entitlement is the devil. False belief is poisonous.

This is day 1 of a new life!

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I’ve been rejected and sh!t on by women more times than I can count. I’ve also dated some solid hotties that everyone stared at when we’d be somewhere together. I won’t say rejection makes you stronger because it never has for me, it still hurts when it happens to me now but I won’t let someone ruin my whole day because of it. Whatever the reason a woman has for rejecting me that’s her problem, not mine. I try not to be bitter about it but it’s hard sometimes and it really is hard to have confidence when you get kicked in the nuts enough. Unless you’re an absolute sociopath (most men aren’t), it hurts your ego and your confidence when women reject you. Learning all the game in the world won’t take that crappy feeling away either. I’ll admit I’ve passed on many women I probably should have hit on all because one woman had recently left a bad taste in my mouth and I hate myself for letting her reject me all over again and cause me to miss out on someone better.

playa99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
BE HONEST

I've not been honest with myself. Been in a job I hate & not performed at it. Ran around for people. Lots more. Worst bit about it is not being honest with myself. I've not seen the issues & convinced myself its all ok. It isn't.

From the bottom I can rebuild. Anyone can.

Brutal honesty is the first thing though, got to know what your dealing with.

Back to it!

Epic Days

Banned
Reaction score
My daughter is a homicide detective and she married a State Trooper. They tend to stay in the field when it comes to husbands

touma.akagi

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Women are not evil.

Boundaries.
These two can be adopted best by simply moving. Yeah. I mean it. The women and girls in my past emasculated to no end, and ultimately the only the best thing to do was change locations and stop contacting any of them. A fresh start can make a world of difference. So if you still live in the town you grew up in, you should move away. The farther away you get from your origin, the better IMO. But the minutiae don't matter.

KindredSpiritzz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Women are not evil.
I would tend to disagree. The only time they are not evil is when they are trying to get something or trying to modify your behavior to suit them. All women are evil, just some are a lower percentage evil and thats the best you can hope for in a woman. Every low spot i ever had in my life had a woman connected to it as the reason. They don't say, Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned" for no reason.

Newbee2

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Great post. Regarding the "Women are not evil" comment, I think the reason many of us think that most or all women are evil is because of the blue pill propaganda BS we have been fed throughout our lives. That would be the concept that women are princesses who can do no wrong and should be respected and worshiped ONLY because they are women. Had we been taught the truth at early ages that "Some women are good, some women are bad. ", not so extreme, then I think our positions now on women wouldn't be so extreme either.

I would bet money that I, Logicallefty, at least at one time, was one of the most bitter and jaded guys on SoSuave about women. I've been able to start mellowing that out in the past 6 x months or so. I no longer see every woman as this evil creature who is automatically gonna fvck me over, but rather a creature I need to study extremely carefully and assess before I give her any chances to fvck me over. In short, I have the power and control of the outcome from that, not her.
(I no longer see every woman as this evil creature who is automatically gonna fvck me over, but rather a creature I need to study extremely carefully and assess before I give her any chances to fvck me over. In short, I have the power and control of the outcome from that, not her.)

This is priceless advice, for most guys.. very good, applause given..