Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What is the Game like nowadays?

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i remember you.
I remember you also, welcome back.
Like skinnyguy said, social media blowing up changed a lot of things. Plus most PUA tactics became mainstream knowledge. You even hear the word "alpha" being tossed around by women, something I never heard 10 years ago. It looks like most guys here rely largely on online dating.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
Welcome back STC.

In the early 2000s, even if chicks didn’t find you attractive (looks wise), many were still open to being approached at bars and clubs. Without smartphones to distract them and kill time and online social media to pump up their egos, many women are the bars and clubs were genuinely bored (and somewhat more down to earth) and looking to socialize with men. Even if they thought your canned routines were silly, they were open for some conversation, laughs and silly bar games (known at the time as "game"). If you had the looks, you could hook up with these women. If you didn't, you at least had some social interaction, practice and a few laughs of your own.

But at the time, because of the above, it was tricky to separate "game" from looks. You got seemingly decent reactions from some women, and you got excellent reactions from others such as a solid number, makeout or full close. So it SEEMED like the game stuff worked and only required more practice and fine tuning. It wasn't necessarily obvious to guys (including myself at the time) that gaming a chick when you aren't her physical type was just free entertainment/dancing monkey stuff, and she was politely friendzoning you.

Then social media and online dating flooded women with attention, and they raised their standards on guys much like an employer who gets flooded with applicants for a job opening would do. Social media and online dating made chicks start to act and feel like celebrities. They lost their "down to earth-ness" and started to really put up a wall against any guy below (an increasingly high) looks threshold. It got to a point where the "dancing monkeys" and even just regular guys looking to chat were completely shut down. That's when guys started to question their "game gurus" who kept insisting that looks didn't matter.

Last edited:

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have my theories as to why this is. I'd be curious to hear yours..
Too much freedom to make their own choices without responsibility that comes with it. Having a high sex count in your teens and 20’s and expecting to not suffer the consequences in your 30’s and later. Thinking feminism will give you what you want, when all it did was take away what you needed and now you’re where you’re at.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I remember you also, welcome back.
Like skinnyguy said, social media blowing up changed a lot of things. Plus most PUA tactics became mainstream knowledge. You even hear the word "alpha" being tossed around by women, something I never heard 10 years ago. It looks like most guys here rely largely on online dating.
Not to be a "conspiracy theorist," but it seems like the "end game" of "the powers that be" is to eliminate (or minimize) people naturally meeting in person and force most dating to come from OLD. But that's another topic for another day.

Stoic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not to a be "conspiracy theorist," but it seems like the "end game" of "the powers that be" is to eliminate (or minimize) people naturally meeting in person and forcing most dating to come from OLD. But that's another topic for another day.
I'd be curious to hear it here if you want to share. Even if a cliff notes version. You might be right. If this were true, it would certainly benefit women.

Lynx nkaf

Banned
Reaction score
I'd be curious to hear it here if you want to share. Even if a cliff notes version. You might be right. If this were true, it would certainly benefit women.
I was shocked to read in this thread that 4's are getting 6+ men in bars.
Are HB 6+ men in bars not confident to go for above 4's anymore?

Stoic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I dont know about bars because I've never really gone to them, even pre covid.

My personal experience is that I get more attractive women 'in real life" then on line dating. I think the guys that approach in real life probably have similar results. Just one data point...

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Game today in a nutshell: be Chad, don’t be beta bux. If you aren’t having sex with a girl you like, it’s easy to determine which of the two choices you are.
If your not spending cash on her your beta bucks?

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If your not spending cash on her your beta bucks?
If she’s not fvcking you and you aren’t spending cash then you aren’t even on her radar lol

evan12

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Old poster. Haven't been here since 2014?

Lockdown has brought me here.

How has things changed since then? Obviously women are on to tricks like negging etc.

I found that 'game' worked on low hanging fruit - stupid people basically. smart, intelligent women didn't really ever fall for game.

Your insights on what has changed since 2012 when I first joined to now?
Every thing about self improvement and being more social still the same, except people now more admitting that looks DOES matter, and if you dont have the look , you might need to play the game on the hard mode.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Every thing about self improvement and being more social still the same, except people now more admitting that looks DOES matter, and if you dont have the look , you might need to play the game on the hard mode.
If your face isn't the greatest, any man can build an impressive sexy physique and drape it in fine clothings.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Welcome back STC.

In the early 2000s, even if chicks didn’t find you attractive (looks wise), many were still open to being approached at bars and clubs. Without smartphones to distract them and kill time and online social media to pump up their egos, many women are the bars and clubs were genuinely bored (and somewhat more down to earth) and looking to socialize with men. Even if they thought your canned routines were silly, they were open for some conversation, laughs and silly bar games (known at the time as "game"). If you had the looks, you could hook up with these women. If you didn't, you at least had some social interaction, practice and a few laughs of your own.

But at the time, because of the above, it was tricky to separate "game" from looks. You got seemingly decent reactions from some women, and you got excellent reactions from others such as a solid number, makeout or full close. So it SEEMED like the game stuff worked and only required more practice and fine tuning. It wasn't necessarily obvious to guys (including myself at the time) that gaming a chick when you aren't her physical type was just free entertainment/dancing monkey stuff, and she was politely friendzoning you.

Then social media and online dating flooded women with attention, and they raised their standards on guys much like an employer who gets flooded with applicants for a job opening would do. Social media and online dating made chicks start to act and feel like celebrities. They lost their "down to earth-ness" and started to really put up a wall against any guy below (an increasingly high) looks threshold. It got to a point where the "dancing monkeys" and even just regular guys looking to chat were completely shut down. That's when guys started to question their "game gurus" who kept insisting that looks didn't matter.
So in your opinion, in the current environment there is no "friendzone" or being in the wrong ladder since guys who don't meet the looks criteria are more likely just ignored or shut down. Is this a good thing? There was allot of frustration in the past decade where people would be putting allot of investment on a woman that's giving them mixed-signals and then some Chad comes around and hooks-up with her after 3-6 months in an oneitis mental fantasy and then come crying on a board like this and claim that they chose a jerk that pumped and dumped her. To me, that mental anguish is worst than being shut-down in the first place. This is where you get "The Nice Guy" vs The Jerk who gets the girl, and you have the "fake it until you make it" to be the Jerk that has the right game.

However, the current environment just takes away false hope, saves people's time, because at the end of the day, nobody wants to be friendzoned in the second past decade, because then, as with no, you'll feel the woman was leading you on and then resent her. Unless false hope is better than black-pill or no hope aren't guys better off today since money and time is being saved from prospects and fake dating seminars/gurus that would waste your time, mental energy and money? Today is worst than yesterday, really? People's money is being saved.

Last edited:

Travel memoir21

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Man, the 90's and early 2000s were awesome. The women were less stuck up.

Sadly, third wave feminism and liberalism have ruined things for a lot of guys out there.

I highly suggest you go look abroad if you want to meet a high quality woman. Stop fishing in a crappy lake or pond and look for more uncharted waters fellas.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
However, the current environment just takes away false hope, saves people's time, because at the end of the day, nobody wants to be friendzoned in the second past decade, because then, as with no, you'll feel the woman was leading you on and then resent her. Unless false hope is better than black-pill or no hope aren't guys better off today since money and time is being saved from prospects and fake dating seminars/gurus that would waste your time, mental energy and money? Today is worst than yesterday, really? People's money is being saved.
All great points. Can’t disagree. I’m glad fewer guys are being ripped off today. Blackpill was originally created by ex-students of game gurus.

I’m about 85-90 percent blackpill and 10 to 15 blue pill. In the latter part, I’m actually ok with being friends with some chicks socially (as long as you have no delusions about it). So with that, yes, I sort of miss the pre-fake-celebrity culture days when chicks were more down to earth. That’s all.

Last edited:

Scars

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Welcome back, your username sounds familiar.

As for what game is like.. it's the same old sh!t, but you have to navigate a little differently because #meetoo and SJW politics these days. They really want to suppress the masculine role of men, and it's a damn shame. I'd say the fundamentals are still the same. Women still want a high status male, think with their emotions, rationalize their behavior because of emotions, still manipulate and take advantage of AFC/betas etc..

You might have to adapt now that you have a few more years on you.. I know I did. Banging girls in their early twenties is a little different than banging girls in their 30s with kids. Luckily, I love single moms.. and I've developed my own little style for roping them in.

Things are a bit weird right now due to quarantine and lockdown.. but a woman with high interest will not let it stop her from meeting you.

From what I remember, you seemed to do pretty well back in the day, so I'm sure everything will come together naturally and quickly for you.

sylvester the cat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Game inflated women’s egos.

now is mostly social media shyt and guys drooling over women who aren’t even attractive and have nothing to offer.

There is much more of a disparity now. The 80/20 rule became the 90/10 rule because women are pickier than ever. Online dating has given fat women more access to top notch guys.

I agree that game and boot camps are completely out of touch with reality. It is all LMS now. Mostly S.
ha ha you're still here!

wow. 5, 6, 7 years ago feels like a lifetime ago.

sylvester the cat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Welcome back, your username sounds familiar.

As for what game is like.. it's the same old sh!t, but you have to navigate a little differently because #meetoo and SJW politics these days. They really want to suppress the masculine role of men, and it's a damn shame. I'd say the fundamentals are still the same. Women still want a high status male, think with their emotions, rationalize their behavior because of emotions, still manipulate and take advantage of AFC/betas etc..

You might have to adapt now that you have a few more years on you.. I know I did. Banging girls in their early twenties is a little different than banging girls in their 30s with kids. Luckily, I love single moms.. and I've developed my own little style for roping them in.

Things are a bit weird right now due to quarantine and lockdown.. but a woman with high interest will not let it stop her from meeting you.

From what I remember, you seemed to do pretty well back in the day, so I'm sure everything will come together naturally and quickly for you.
Hiya,

oh gosh. The meetoo movement. Yes. You cannot get away with what we did in 2012 today. I' still worried that someone is going to cry foul one day or accuse me of harrassment because i approached them and asked them out, or touched their arm or something.

sylvester the cat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not to be a "conspiracy theorist," but it seems like the "end game" of "the powers that be" is to eliminate (or minimize) people naturally meeting in person and force most dating to come from OLD. But that's another topic for another day.
Yes I remember you too.

I agree. But not just dating. Everything. Education. Healthcare etc.