"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

What is the Game like nowadays?

sylvester the cat

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 30, 2012
Messages
1,695
Reaction score
98
Old poster. Haven't been here since 2014?

Lockdown has brought me here.


How has things changed since then? Obviously women are on to tricks like negging etc.

I found that 'game' worked on low hanging fruit - stupid people basically. smart, intelligent women didn't really ever fall for game.

Your insights on what has changed since 2012 when I first joined to now?
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 27, 2008
Messages
5,027
Reaction score
5,356
Game today in a nutshell: be Chad, don’t be beta bux. If you aren’t having sex with a girl you like, it’s easy to determine which of the two choices you are.
 

Xenom0rph

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 12, 2017
Messages
1,907
Reaction score
2,437
Apparently back then it was.

So, it's not now, you're saying?
Actually it never was, canned pick up lines and acting "c0cky and funny" was always retarded.... It wasn't until about 2017 when guys finally realize all that matters is Looks, Money and Status....

For guys that are ugly, broke and low status, no amount of game will work.....
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

zekko

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 6, 2009
Messages
16,749
Reaction score
9,948
I found that 'game' worked on low hanging fruit - stupid people basically. smart, intelligent women didn't really ever fall for game.
Didn't Neil Strauss discover the same thing? When he met a woman he considered worthwhile, the stupid tricks didn't work on her.
 

sylvester the cat

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 30, 2012
Messages
1,695
Reaction score
98
I'm more interested to hear what game was viewed as in 2014
2012-2014 - I came here not fully realising the massive industry game was at the time.

A lot of people talking about red pills, yet drinking the kool aid at the same time.

Lots of platitudes: guys telling you 'it's all about this or it's all about that' - all bull**** of course.

i don't totally agree it's all about looks and money. There are some genuine women out there who find charisma and genuine guys attractive. Hell, i know plenty of beta bux from school who are all happily married with kids. Whales of course, but they're happy.
 

corrector

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 12, 2009
Messages
10,391
Reaction score
4,058
I'm more interested to hear what game was viewed as in 2014
I got married that year. My dad introduced me to the girl I married and her mother and we started dating and it took off from there.

I didn't have any real money or status and she was decently attractive. But things eventually came apart because of issues of money/status a month or two into the marriage.

In 2012 I had an ex-gf where we went various parts of the city and around with and had a romantic adventure like it was out of a movie, I kid you not. This is what I know about game in 2012 and 2014.

Another thing I remember during this time was the Hunger Games movie franchise. It sort of felt it punctuated between these relationships, with the last one being released in 2015. Since 9 month relationships are this anomalous, you notice things like that. I haven't re-watched Hunger Games since.
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 27, 2008
Messages
5,027
Reaction score
5,356
2012-2014 - I came here not fully realising the massive industry game was at the time.

A lot of people talking about red pills, yet drinking the kool aid at the same time.

Lots of platitudes: guys telling you 'it's all about this or it's all about that' - all bull**** of course.

i don't totally agree it's all about looks and money. There are some genuine women out there who find charisma and genuine guys attractive. Hell, i know plenty of beta bux from school who are all happily married with kids. Whales of course, but they're happy.
Read your last paragraph again. The women that claim to want “genuine and charismatic men” have all had their fill of Chad, they’ve been tossed off the carousel or coming close to it, Chad ain’t gonna commit so it’s time to find a “charming, charismatic beta bux”. Looks always mattered to these women, it’s just that now they can’t be AS picky because they lost their power to do so. Some women never get this and carry their high standards and shallowness into their 30’s and 40’s, while others adapt.
 

zekko

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 6, 2009
Messages
16,749
Reaction score
9,948
Game is just a word for sexual mating.
I think he's talking about the old PUA tactics type of game that was common during the old pickup movement.
 

sylvester the cat

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 30, 2012
Messages
1,695
Reaction score
98
Read your last paragraph again. The women that claim to want “genuine and charismatic men” have all had their fill of Chad, they’ve been tossed off the carousel or coming close to it, Chad ain’t gonna commit so it’s time to find a “charming, charismatic beta bux”. Looks always mattered to these women, it’s just that now they can’t be AS picky because they lost their power to do so. Some women never get this and carry their high standards and shallowness into their 30’s and 40’s, while others adapt.
OKay. Yes i remember debates like this too.

i don't know to be honest. i don't have all the answers. i'm just trying to navigate my way through it all.
 

corrector

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 12, 2009
Messages
10,391
Reaction score
4,058
i don't totally agree it's all about looks and money. There are some genuine women out there who find charisma and genuine guys attractive. Hell, i know plenty of beta bux from school who are all happily married with kids. Whales of course, but they're happy.
So, according to your statement, whales find charasma and genuine guys attractive if they realistically want to settle down, and these "whales" are genuine women? I notice you aren't talking about some nice hb10 that feels sorry an ugly guy like in this exchange here:


Look at this clip again...you really think there are women who behave like this? Come on.
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

sylvester the cat

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 30, 2012
Messages
1,695
Reaction score
98
So, according to your statement, whales find charasma and genuine guys attractive if they realistically want to settle down, and these "whales" are genuine women? I notice you aren't talking about some nice hb10 that feels sorry an ugly guy like in this exchange here:


Look at this clip again...you really think there are women who behave like this? Come on.
no no no. those guys have no charisma whatsoever. nor are they particularly genuine. Just saying They are beta bux and happily married.

although you're using a very extreme example there.
 

sangheilios

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 25, 2018
Messages
2,630
Reaction score
2,730
I was 22 back in 2012, at the time I wasn't at all interested in women but here are some of the changes I've noticed.

In the early 2010s it seemed like people were still fairly normal and that everything felt more grounded and realistic. People that were socially normal and didn't have issues dated people around their league. There have always been attractive and even hot women but the difference is you didn't see them taking pictures of themselves every single day and uploading it on social media to garner likes. Sure, there were some women that did this, but they weren't all that common. Online dating within this time period was a ghost town for the most part, as apps like tinder and bumble did not exist. You'd see a handful of women on there but the quality was always VERY low. It felt like in this time period people still met others in a more natural manner (social circle, shared interests/activities, etc.).

In 2020 things seem to be very different. Literally every single attractive woman I've met or know of posts tons of pictures of themselves on social media on a regular basis. What would have been something reserved for literally models and celebrities almost 10 years ago is now the norm for your typical hot or attractive girl that you'd see at the gym, bar, etc. They garner so much attention and validation, from both other women and thirsty men, that it has created this idea that these women are entitled to unicorn type men and that even a real world hot or attractive guy isn't even good enough. Apps like Tinder, which seemed to take off around 2015 or so, have changed the game in the same manner, where even an overweight and unattractive women is getting "matched" with a guy that is 6'+ and in shape.

I could list so many things I observe on a regular basis but I can say there is definitely a huge difference from 2012ish to now. Before the closings due to COVID-19 I was hanging out at a cafe with one of my friends and over heard this girl talking about how she can go to a bar and get any man to buy her a drink. The girl was a real life 4 and yet had this obnoxious attitude. 10 years ago a woman like this would be considered delusional and no men would even waste their time. Women's standards for attractiveness in men has definitely increased due to what I've mentioned here. Not that long ago I had a 4 make a comment about how I almost have a "dad bod", to put this into perspective she said this to a guy who is around 6'4" and currently 240ish who the other day did 15 dips with an extra 40lbs in weight lol.
 

skinnyguy

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 2, 2013
Messages
3,422
Reaction score
1,235
Game inflated women’s egos.

now is mostly social media shyt and guys drooling over women who aren’t even attractive and have nothing to offer.

There is much more of a disparity now. The 80/20 rule became the 90/10 rule because women are pickier than ever. Online dating has given fat women more access to top notch guys.

I agree that game and boot camps are completely out of touch with reality. It is all LMS now. Mostly S.
 

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 27, 2008
Messages
5,027
Reaction score
5,356
Women are unhappier now than at anytime I can remember.
 

“The 22 Psychological Triggers That Make Women Chase You… Starting Tonight”

Forget the cash, the cars, and the chiseled jawlines. Female desire operates on a completely different frequency. Primal. Subconscious. Triggers that bypass her logic and hit her on a gut level. Most guys are totally blind to them.

I know because I was one of them. The overthinking. The paralysis. The silent drive home kicking yourself for freezing up. Watching average guys walk away with the girl while you stood there stuck in your own head.

Then I decoded the psychology behind what actually makes women tick. 22 hard rules.  Subtle behavioral shifts that rewired my entire reality. The anxiety evaporated. Women started leaning in. Investing. Chasing.

Read more...

Top