Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What is the equivalent of "make-up" and glam for men?

jnMissouri

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Women spend years perfecting their makeup, hair, clothes, etc. They spend hours putting it on, shopping for clothes, etc. even once they've perfected their stuff.

So I got to thinking, what are the things WE as men can do to glam up and improve our LOOKS. Here is my list, add to it:

-Get a professional hair cut/beard trim.
-Get fitted, higher end clothes within reason, not Kirkland Signature jeans. I started getting more form fitting jeans and button up shirts last couple years and am about to switch to suits without the tie. Largely because they are fitted, even to date I've noticed when I wear them women give me much more attention. They are a PITA to wear though.
-Moisturize your face with good moisturizer, no dry skin, prevent wrinkles.
-Get some nice cologne. My ex got me some $600 bottle of cologne.
-Get contacts. I am switching back from glasses to contacts, I look much better with them IMO, although some women like me better with glasses.
-Get your teeth whitened.
-Get your overbite fixed (I'm going to get invisalign now that I shaved my beard).
-Take a female friend shopping with you to get her opinion on your outfits.
-Wear nice dress shoes, not tennis shoes all the time.
-Make sure you wear tight not baggy jeans. Not skinny jeans just not any kind of baggy.

Drive a nice car...not everyone can do this, but I read a study recently that showed an Audi or Mercedes C class can turn a guy from a 4 into an 8. Average cars like a Fiat leave him at a 4 in looks. Personally I never meet women around my car, in fact I drive beater cars despite having money to buy exotic cars. Largely I do this because people are more likely to try to sue me if I rear end them in a Lambo than a 12 year old Toyota...case in point, I was in an accident recently. Not my first. Was glad I wasn't driving a luxury car. None of the women I've dated had an issue with my car, they knew me worth and liked my "frugal" invest instead of spend it lifestyle.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Work on your voice. Practice speech exercises, take singing lessons if you want to go the extra mile. If you can sing random sh1t to a girl on a date, they eat it up.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Also, hire a buff dwarf for a day to be your personal assistant/bodyguard. Have him cater to both you and your date - she will feel extra special and you won't get amog'd.

jnMissouri

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Also, hire a buff dwarf for a day to be your personal assistant/bodyguard. Have him cater to both you and your date - she will feel extra special and you won't get amog'd.
This thread is about physical appearance, note my examples at the beginning of the post about women and their makeup and outfits, how they spend a lot of time getting their best look down. The thread isn't about hiring dwarfs to pretend to be someone you're not....nor about your voice, or personality or financial success. It's PURELY about looks. This is actually the greatest obstacle for guys.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The dwarf bit was a joke (although it is kinda glam). Otherwise, duly noted. Your list looks pretty good, I'll try to think of something.

Edit - if you're into sending d1ck pics, maybe get it enhanced. Girl get boob jobs, so not too different.

Last edited:

Black Widow Void

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good hygiene is a given, but that should be everyone's goal; even without female incentive.

Most of the other primping might land you a good first impression and one date, but without a sense of personal individualized style and finesse to build rapport, it most likely won't carry most of you to their bedroom or a second date.

On the other hand, if the only way a man can feel 'complete' is to invest money toward more (IMHO) superficial type things, then he may actually succeed. However, don't disillusion yourselves. It's most likely not the expensive additions that land the girl. Instead, it's most likely your added confidence and projection.

Don't get me wrong. If you're going out... you should look nice, but it's usually unnecessary to over do it. For those on a budget but needing an appearance edge, nice shoes should be your first priority.

Last edited:

lost_blackbird

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Tattoos.

jnMissouri

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good hygiene is a given, but that should be everyone's goal; even without female incentive.

Most of the other primping might land you a good first impression and one date, but without a sense of personal individualized style and finesse to build rapport, it most likely won't carry most of you to their bedroom or a second date.

On the other hand, if the only way a man can feel 'complete' is to invest money toward more (IMHO) superficial type things, then he may actually succeed. However, don't disillusion yourselves. It's most likely not the expensive additions that land the girl. Instead, it's most likely your added confidence and projection.

Don't get me wrong. If you're going out... you should look nice, but it's usually unnecessary to over do it. For those on a budget but needing an appearance edge, nice shoes should be your first priority.

I've heard this as far as nice cars, some channels on YT talk about how a Lambo will get you a date but not much else. I don't have any issues getting dates or closing, in fact I have a very high close rate, most girls I got out with, I sleep with. My conversion rate to gf is also high. I'm husband material. Lot's of women also accuse me of bein an fboy. So my personality and game are on point, looks are fine, though I've improved them a lot last year (contacts, shaved my beard that I tried for a coupleish years), etc.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've heard this as far as nice cars, some channels on YT talk about how a Lambo will get you a date but not much else. I don't have any issues getting dates or closing, in fact I have a very high close rate, most girls I got out with, I sleep with. My conversion rate to gf is also high. I'm husband material. Lot's of women also accuse me of bein an fboy. So my personality and game are on point, looks are fine, though I've improved them a lot last year (contacts, shaved my beard that I tried for a coupleish years), etc.
Man, if you're husband material and attracting women who are accusing you of being a fukkboy, I'd take a look at that. Husband material isn't fukkboy, so maybe these women are a tad on the serious side and trying to mess with your frame (betaize)...

jnMissouri

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Man, if you're husband material and attracting women who are accusing you of being a fukkboy, I'd take a look at that. Husband material isn't fukkboy, so maybe these women are a tad on the serious side and trying to mess with your frame (betaize)...

The only girls that told me that were the Asian girls. They said from my face and my demeanor I come across as an fboy. My muscular body further reinforced that idea with them. Couple that with the fact that I've never been married and have no kids by choice, it makes sense.

The husband material part is because I have no divorce/kid baggage and am financially successful. Logically when you combine all the data, it makes sense. I come across as an fboy to a lot, and others view me as a catch/husband material. They don't cancel each other out. But when you combine ALL the data, my face, body, finances, never married, no kids...it makes sense that come across as a playboy who is not interested in anything longer than short or mid term. The lack of baggage coupled with financial success makes me come across as husband material to others.

I've never though of myself as an fboy, but maybe I really am. I don't care about marriage, kids. In fact I have never wanted to marry or have kids, even since high school. I always thought it was dumb to sign such a contract. Maybe I am truly an fboy. Then again maybe I'm not, I was with one girl for 9 years and quite happy. Then I cheated and she left. So then again, maybe I am an fboy and I just don't realize it.

Last edited:

CollegeMan22

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Make sure to take the blackpill with a grain of salt, but there are some great recommendations here:

Be careful though. Remember that you should always be focused on what you can do, not on your exact looks rating. Nonetheless, it is still important to improve your looks if you want better women.

jnMissouri

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Make sure to take the blackpill with a grain of salt, but there are some great recommendations here:

Be careful though. Remember that you should always be focused on what you can do, not on your exact looks rating. Nonetheless, it is still important to improve your looks if you want better women.

This is good stuff. I have dark hair and dark eyes, which apparently most women find more attractive (I had read a study about brown eyes being more masculine and attractive to the vast majority of women). Muscular body, facial stubble, check. I started wearing contacts again last year. Bought better fitting designer clothes to show off my muscles. I drive a normal car for my hobbies, though in hindsight I should have bought the Maserati I was debating getting and bought a cheaper van with higher miles for my rentals and hobbies. Live in a lake house, which could definitely help with OLD if I post pictures of it in my profile.

It's amazing though how a girl who is a 6 or 7 without makeup can go to a 10 with makeup, fake eyelashes, the right dress/skirt, platform shoes, etc. and look extremely sexy. Interestingly enough, I turn heads A LOT when I get dressed up for dates. Even when out with a gf or alone, as long as dressed up. How you dress is a big one, high status or not...then of course, being seen with a hot girl also increases your sex appeal. Hmmmm....I wonder if it would be taboo to post pics of me with hot exes on my dating profile. Blot out their faces maybe...

Women have ALWAYS told me I have beautiful eyes. Damn near every woman I've ever dated. Wonder how I can capitalize on that more. Not hiding them behind glasses was definitely a good step.

Hamurabimbi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There are a number of ‘make up for men’ sites. I’m of the opinion that ‘All’s fair in love & war.’. So if make-up works for you…More power to you.

kookdekoo

Don Juan
Reaction score
Good shoes. Good watch ( without overdoing it e.g. Rolex ) , good cologne, moisturised skin, clean shaved, good fitting clothes.

BadBoy89

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Full set of hair
6”0 or taller

Hamurabimbi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Women spend years perfecting their makeup, hair, clothes, etc. They spend hours putting it on, shopping for clothes, etc. even once they've perfected their stuff.

So I got to thinking, what are the things WE as men can do to glam up and improve our LOOKS. Here is my list, add to it:

-Get a professional hair cut/beard trim.
-Get fitted, higher end clothes within reason, not Kirkland Signature jeans. I started getting more form fitting jeans and button up shirts last couple years and am about to switch to suits without the tie. Largely because they are fitted, even to date I've noticed when I wear them women give me much more attention. They are a PITA to wear though.
-Moisturize your face with good moisturizer, no dry skin, prevent wrinkles.
-Get some nice cologne. My ex got me some $600 bottle of cologne.
-Get contacts. I am switching back from glasses to contacts, I look much better with them IMO, although some women like me better with glasses.
-Get your teeth whitened.
-Get your overbite fixed (I'm going to get invisalign now that I shaved my beard).
-Take a female friend shopping with you to get her opinion on your outfits.
-Wear nice dress shoes, not tennis shoes all the time.
-Make sure you wear tight not baggy jeans. Not skinny jeans just not any kind of baggy.

Drive a nice car...not everyone can do this, but I read a study recently that showed an Audi or Mercedes C class can turn a guy from a 4 into an 8. Average cars like a Fiat leave him at a 4 in looks. Personally I never meet women around my car, in fact I drive beater cars despite having money to buy exotic cars. Largely I do this because people are more likely to try to sue me if I rear end them in a Lambo than a 12 year old Toyota...case in point, I was in an accident recently. Not my first. Was glad I wasn't driving a luxury car. None of the women I've dated had an issue with my car, they knew me worth and liked my "frugal" invest instead of spend it lifestyle.

Hamurabimbi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Great post. Everything matters. I've found True Religion jeans work great. Zara is good too. My previous GF was big on getting me with tight leg jeans and my current GF wants a prominent a$$. One girl told me "you have a bulge. You better wear Zara." Do everything you can to improve. Some girls (like my GF are a$$ freaks. She actually called me up and asked me out on our first date for my a$$.). My previous GF was a leg freak and wanted tight jeans for my legs. The GF before that was all about my hair. She had me go to her stylist and bought me 'Curly Girl' products. My GFs have generally picked my clothes (yeah Mr. Alpha here). Versace Eros (way less than $600, is great). I drive a MB SLK 350 R171 on the weekends. But a dumpy company vehicle during the week.