Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What is really the Friend Zone? The Zones every girl has for a guy.

Reaction score
Many of us confuse the friend zone because of the internet and entertainment TV, but most guys aren't even in the friend zone, to be honest. To my best knowledge, I will classify the zones to where you stand with a woman in her head. These zones are also ranked from 1 to 8 as well.

1). The Top Gun/The Alpha Widow Maker- This guy is the top priority in a girl's life and she will move literal mountains, neglect her family & friends, and etc for this guy. This guy does not get shvt tests, masculine energy, or anything negative from this girl. She will base her standards, hobbies, life, and etc off of this guy. If your girl would reject Drake for you then you know you are in the Top Gun position.

2). The Ghost- This is the former Top Gun in a girl's life. She will date/mold her future partners to be as close to this guy as possible. She still gets off to this guy or she might pretend her partner is this guy during sex. If a girl has a ghost in her life then TAKE EXTREME CAUTION because you are dealing with an Alpha Widow.

3). Husband or Boyfriend Zone- Pretty self-explanatory tbh. This guy can only upgrade to Top Gun if he is good enough to replace The Ghost or she has not been Alpha Widowed yet. If you are below The Ghost, then just understand that he does outrank you and he has the power to take her back at any given moment.

4). The Talking Phase Zone- You haven't upgraded to boyfriend yet, but she thinks you are good enough to continue seeing.

5). The Minor League Zone- You failed to pass the Talking Phase, so this girl has decided to keep you around for dryspell hookups, rebound hookups, or for her last hail marry attempt at a relationship. This is what the friend zone actually is tbh. You can either be in the friend zone and maybe get sex once in a while or the Friends With Benefits zone and get more consistent sex. However, you can be having sex with this girl, but she will drop you on the floor like a cheap toy when something new and shiny appears.

6). The Selection Stage- She is scoping you out for , but she can easily cease contact with you because you failed xyz test. Th is is the first phase you will enter with a female.

7). The Passive Stage- You failed the Selection Phase, but she is too scared to directly reject you. Instead, she keeps flaking, leading you on, and etc. This what most guys confuse as the friendzone tbh. You were most likely rejected because of timing, lack of attraction, the girl is a sloot and has too many guys in her life, or etc.

8). The Tampon Zone- This is the stereotypical Television Friendzone that we see in entertainment. The biggest difference between Tampon and Minor Leage is that the Tampon Zone gets very little to no sex with the girl. In addition, the Passive Stage gets little to zero interaction with the girl, while this guy actually sees the girl quite frequently. This girl considers you her human tampon, but you stay with her because you think she will one day upgrade you.

Bonus- The Expired Partner- Idk where to place this, so I put it to the side. You are the husband/boyfriend that your girl is actively trying to replace. You either lost frame in the relationship or the girl was just using you as a temporarily placeholder in one of her diabolical plots.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So try clarify, there is phucking invovled in the "talking stage" zone?

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Great post. HOF worthy I believe I love it!

A man can go from stage 3 to stage 9 REAL quick without even noticing. Maybe even thinking he secured his spot in stage 2/3 ( being realistic and understanding she might had something better once upon a time) ,while she already placed you in stage 8. Like , it's real easy to fall of a building but much ,much harder to climb up on it.

Also wanna say ,that in stage 8 you can be her gey best friend and get tons of interaction, go out with her ect. She'll just take every opportunity to make it clear and let people know you are in stage 8 and you guys are NOT dating. Humiliating af.

There's a reason women using OLD all have the same default type of pictures . To appease the stage 1 guy and show him she is " different" from all other boring women . Regular Joe can be caught with just 1 crappy selfie.

Would Stage 10 in this case be the break up/ ghost/ " why doesn't he give up??" stage? Where she needs to get rid of you but you refuse to go and you still actively try to " seduce her"?

Last edited:

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
“Different” Hah every SINGLE WOMAN on this rock will say she is DIFFERENT,’UNPROMPTED what’s up with that? Hah

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
Extreme solipsism
While they are in fact solipsistic I don’t think that’s the term you want to describe the reason for the above.

I think it’s narcissism, they believe they are the only real person in a world of nonplayer characters, mere things to be used or discarded.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
8). The Tampon Zone- This is the stereotypical Television Friendzone that we see in entertainment. The biggest difference between Tampon and Minor Leage is that the Tampon Zone gets very little to no sex with the girl. In addition, the Passive Stage gets little to zero interaction with the girl, while this guy actually sees the girl quite frequently. This girl considers you her human tampon, but you stay with her because you think she will one day upgrade you.
Great list. Gonna focus on this one...

Yeah, in general, when we say friendzone, we mean Category #8 by default.

I would say zero sex in category. You need at least a makeout to possibly escape the FZ, and even makeouts generally don't happen in this category.

TV shows might sometimes show drunk ("it just happened") sex between a chick and her FZ/tampon guy, but that's usually not reality.

Last edited:

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Many of us confuse the friend zone because of the internet and entertainment TV, but most guys aren't even in the friend zone, to be honest. To my best knowledge, I will classify the zones to where you stand with a woman in her head. These zones are also ranked from 1 to 8 as well.

1). The Top Gun/The Alpha Widow Maker- This guy is the top priority in a girl's life and she will move literal mountains, neglect her family & friends, and etc for this guy. This guy does not get shvt tests, masculine energy, or anything negative from this girl. She will base her standards, hobbies, life, and etc off of this guy. If your girl would reject Drake for you then you know you are in the Top Gun position.

2). The Ghost- This is the former Top Gun in a girl's life. She will date/mold her future partners to be as close to this guy as possible. She still gets off to this guy or she might pretend her partner is this guy during sex. If a girl has a ghost in her life then TAKE EXTREME CAUTION because you are dealing with an Alpha Widow.

3). Husband or Boyfriend Zone- Pretty self-explanatory tbh. This guy can only upgrade to Top Gun if he is good enough to replace The Ghost or she has not been Alpha Widowed yet. If you are below The Ghost, then just understand that he does outrank you and he has the power to take her back at any given moment.

4). The Talking Phase Zone- You haven't upgraded to boyfriend yet, but she thinks you are good enough to continue seeing.

5). The Minor League Zone- You failed to pass the Talking Phase, so this girl has decided to keep you around for dryspell hookups, rebound hookups, or for her last hail marry attempt at a relationship. This is what the friend zone actually is tbh. You can either be in the friend zone and maybe get sex once in a while or the Friends With Benefits zone and get more consistent sex. However, you can be having sex with this girl, but she will drop you on the floor like a cheap toy when something new and shiny appears.

6). The Selection Stage- She is scoping you out for , but she can easily cease contact with you because you failed xyz test. Th is is the first phase you will enter with a female.

7). The Passive Stage- You failed the Selection Phase, but she is too scared to directly reject you. Instead, she keeps flaking, leading you on, and etc. This what most guys confuse as the friendzone tbh. You were most likely rejected because of timing, lack of attraction, the girl is a sloot and has too many guys in her life, or etc.

Bonus- The Expired Partner- Idk where to place this, so I put it to the side. You are the husband/boyfriend that your girl is actively trying to replace. You either lost frame in the relationship or the girl was just using you as a temporarily placeholder in one of her diabolical plots.
You can only be put in one of these zones if hang around passively waiting for her to decide what to do with you.

If you escalate from day 1 and ditch her if she doesn't comply, none of this can ever happen.

Bethatsocialguy

Don Juan
Reaction score
If you're a man and you settle for the friendzone, it is completely your fault. If you approach a girl, it's because you want something romantic with her. Not to be her friend. If after 3/4 days of texting, you suggest meeting for a date and she makes excuses, it could be that she isn't fully comfortable with you yet OR she isn't interested. Don't get sucked into being just a friend if that is not what you want. Maintain your self-respect and just walk away.

IKO69

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There's only ever been two classifications of friend that i've been aware of: A woman will call a guy a friend who has smashed her in the past and will likely do so again. Guys that haven't smashed can also be called friends - these are guys the woman wants/will eventually sleep with (you can tell because they flirt with the guy and are genuinely friendly towards them). The other category of friend, which is what most men fall into, are nothing more than orbiters. They barely receive any acknowledgement (she doesn't care about these guys or really consider them as friends).

long story short - don't get your hopes up if you aren't hitting it. stop investing so much time

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't get sucked into being just a friend if that is not what you want. Maintain your self-respect and just walk away.
In my 20+ years in the mating environment, this is one of the two things I've done best. I've never gotten stuck in the friend zone with anyone I've been attracted to. As a result of this, I've rarely had female friends because platonic friendship with average looking or worse women isn't all that interesting or valuable in most cases.

Bethatsocialguy

Don Juan
Reaction score
In my 20+ years in the mating environment, this is one of the two things I've done best. I've never gotten stuck in the friend zone with anyone I've been attracted to. As a result of this, I've rarely had female friends because platonic friendship with average looking or worse women isn't all that interesting or valuable in most cases.
You`re right. Platonic friendships with women generally aren't beneficial for men. If you are platonic friends with hot women (your sisters friend, your brothers wife etc etc) then go out with them and they'll give you a lot of passive attraction to meet other women

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You`re right. Platonic friendships with women generally aren't beneficial for men. If you are platonic friends with hot women (your sisters friend, your brothers wife etc etc) then go out with them and they'll give you a lot of passive attraction to meet other women
Over the years, I've stayed on an acquaintance type level with the girlfriends/wives of my male friends. I doubt that you could call any sort of interaction I have right now or have had in the past with any friends' girlfriends/wives to be friend level. None of them have helped in any way in terms of me meeting other women.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Over the years, I've stayed on an acquaintance type level with the girlfriends/wives of my male friends. I doubt that you could call any sort of interaction I have right now or have had in the past with any friends' girlfriends/wives to be friend level. None of them have helped in any way in terms of me meeting other women.
Agreed. This idea of women friends “wanting to play matchmaker” is very overblown.

In 25 years, I had one buddy’s gf try to hook me up.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My last 4 ex girlfriends I alpha widowed. One of them I saw on Facebook bought the exact same car I had (even down to the color) less than a year after I dumped her. Chicks are deranged lol

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Agreed. This idea of women friends “wanting to play matchmaker” is very overblown.

In 25 years, I had one buddy’s gf try to hook me up.
Meeting through friends/acquaintances has been fading since roughly 1990. That might explain why we've experienced what we've experienced.

Women friends playing matchmaker was one of those things of another era, mainly the 1970s-1990s era.

Attachments

LTG71

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Great list. Gonna focus on this one...

Yeah, in general, when we say friendzone, we mean Category #8 by default.

I would say zero sex in category. You need at least a makeout to possibly escape the FZ, and even makeouts generally don't happen in this category.

TV shows might sometimes show drunk ("it just happened") sex between a chick and her FZ/tampon guy, but that's usually not reality.
This is what most women would classify as ”friendship” with a guy. They see you as their gay male girlfriend. Sex is not a possibility and you will be giving away a lot of time and resources with little to nothing in return.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is what most women would classify as ”friendship” with a guy. They see you as their gay male girlfriend. Sex is not a possibility and you will be giving away a lot of time and resources with little to nothing in return.
Agree.

But if a guy has no women in his life, a Friendzone chick is probably slightly better than nothing. He can at least gain/increase his comfort level around women or avoid/minimize an awkward/creepy vibe.

But he has to be very careful not to catch feelings or be taken advantaged of.

I’m in lengthy dry spell, but I do have one female friend I have dinner with here and there. I do it just to socialize or polish my social skills.

LTG71

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Agree.

But if a guy has no women in his life, a Friendzone chick is probably slightly better than nothing. He can at least gain/increase his comfort level around women or avoid/minimize an awkward/creepy vibe.

But he has to be very careful not to catch feelings or be taken advantaged of.

I’m in lengthy dry spell, but I do have one female friend I have dinner with here and there. I do it just to socialize or polish my social skills.

Yeah, this only works if the girl is not attractive. If you are remotely attracted to her, eventually you’re gonna catch feelings and get triggered when she tells you about some random guy she met and banged on the first date. Then you’ll remember that you’re at level 8.

This is from an article about women with mostly male friends:

1. When you're preeeetty sure one of your guy friends likes you and you don't feel the same way. Please, for the love of god, never confess your feelings and if you do, please, do not do it on my wedding day or some ****, Sam. I seriously cannot handle that right now.

and then the cognitive dissidence kicks in….

14. When they talk to you about girls like you're not a girl. If you're reading this, you know what I mean, but it's subtle as hell. It's like you've become so chill with them that you're no longer even a woman and you can tell they don't even see you that way anymore and somehow this bothers the hell out of you

So many examples why the word ”crazy” is the best word to describe women.