Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What is a cheap meal you usually make for under 10$?

Travel memoir21

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Im full.

I need to do some grocery shopping. Just got done cooking some scrambled eggs with chopped hot dogs and steamed white rice for dinner. I could have gotten a cheeseburger or a subway, but didn’t feel like driving anywhere and leaving the house.

So what’s a good meal you usually make for under ten bucks for you? Just wondering.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I just fed my girl for $0

• Haha
Reactions: Foe

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I usually keep a fair supply of side dishes on hand, rice, rice-a-roni, buttered noodles, mac and cheese, stuffing, potatoes (lots of ways). Yeah, carbs aren't good for you. So pick a carb and add a vegetable, either a can or frozen are easiest, or you can go with fresh. Avocados are good.

Then it's just a matter of adding a meat, and unless it's a steak that will likely get you under $10. I like to grill, so pork chops, spam, chicken, hamburger, fish (I like salmon). In the oven, pork roast, meat loaf, casseroles. Breakfast foods. If you find a crock pot recipe you like, it might cost more than $10 but you can eat off of it for several days. Ham and beans with cornbread. Breakfast foods. Pizza. Tuna fish salad sandwich on toast is cheap.

To me, it wouldn't be so much about a meal being under $10, but a series of meals averaging under $10 if you want to go that route. And I have no problem with having leftovers for a meal.

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
chicken parts are pretty cheap.

onions are pretty cheap.

Eggs are pretty cheap.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Breakfast(high carb days)

1 cup of dry steel cut oats(cooked)
1 scoop brown rice protein
1 scoop green pea protein
1 scoop organic collagen peptides
1 cup blueberries
1 TBSP raw honey

Breakfast(high carb days)-smoothie

2 cups coconut milk
1 cup blueberries
1 banana
1 scoop pea protein
1 scoop collagen peptides
Half tray ice cubes
1 TBSP raw honey

-blend til smooth

Breakfast(low carb days)-smoothie

2 cups coconut milk
1 cup strawberries
1 scoop green pea protein
1 scoop organic collagen peptides
1/2 avocado
1-2 TBSP chia seeds
Half tray of ice cubes

-blend til smooth

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
USDA Choice Sirloin kebabs or New York Strip steak and baked quartered (or octed) new red potatoes. Eggs, even at the super high prices at present are still dirt cheap. Good sausage can be had for $6 a pound (broiled to get the tops nice & crispy).

corsica

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Get an air fryer.
A nice cut of bottom sirloin costs less than $10/lbs. At HEB (here in Texas) you can buy one for $7 already seasoned. Open the package, drop inside the air fryer and in 10min you have a beautiful cut.
For sides, buy frozen vegetables. 2min in the microwave and done.

That’s a hassles meal. You can even use for a date.

Millard Fillmore

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Buy veggies and make a salad. They're so cheap they're practically giving them away. Add something like boiled egg, tuna, anchovies, lean ham, a little cheese. Fruits and veggies are the cheapest food you can get.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Fruits and veggies are the cheapest food you can get.
Not quite. The cheapest is rice and beans. Conveniently, they also net about 5 g fat, 50 g carbs, 15 g protein (complete complimentary AAs), 10 g fiber per serving.

If you’re in a pinch and are poor, load up on rice and beans, then add a non-starchy vegetable. As also mentioned, peanut butter is cheap and nutritious as well.

threeforfree

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I eat lower carb.

A few scrambled eggs for breakfast, with homemade mayo and hot sauce. Or make an omlette.

I buy bulk boneless/skinless chicken breast for under $2/lb. I vacuum seal them in amounts that I can eat with in a week. I cook them up in the air fryer, no muss no fuss, then cube them up for salads and such.

I also prep a bunch of brown rice in my steamer each week. I buy microwavable-steamable vegetable blends as well. My quick, go-to evening meal is usually rice, vegetables, and the cubed chicken breast. I add one of a variety of about 7 bottles of various Asian sauces that I have on hand for a healthy chinese-style dish. General Tso's, kung pao, teriyaki, etc.

It's way easier to eat right if you can get a good system in place where you have all the ingredients cooked up and ready to go for the week.

Millard Fillmore

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not quite. The cheapest is rice and beans. Conveniently, they also net about 5 g fat, 50 g carbs, 15 g protein (complete complimentary AAs), 10 g fiber per serving.

If you’re in a pinch and are poor, load up on rice and beans, then add a non-starchy vegetable. As also mentioned, peanut butter is cheap and nutritious as well.
And rice + beans combine to form protein. Forgot about those, good call.

Kotaix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Pretty much any chicken dish is going to come in at under $10 a meal if you prep and cook for a few days.

I also grow most of my own veggies so that saves money as well.