Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What if I want to call her?

Tictac

Banned
Reaction score
I had a good woman in my life until the relationship cracked up at the end of 2011. It was a rough patch for both of us - she had lost her job and the relationship (then coming up on two years) was not the best but still okay.

She backed out of a couple of dates in the same week and I just vanished on her. After she made a couple of soft attempts to get in touch, I kept NC. And everything stopped. We had a couple of conversations over the last year and half-heartedly said something about getting together for a drink. But not so far.

I've been busy with work, my kids and a few other women (some amazing stories in fact). But in the end, I'd like to at least make a run at her or make sure there is nothing there - get her back in my life or make sure that that idea is dead.

No lectures about 'one-itis' please. I've had plenty of women since we split. I'd like to ask the 'grey hairs' here for their thoughts.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There's no law against testing the waters. See what's there. It's up to you to decide how much investment is worth it - but you know the deal. If it's not on a level that's easy for you (meaning she's clearly interested) then move on.

Slickster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bury the past

If she was meant to be in your life it would have happened already.

Stagger Lee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you feel like contacting her and seeing what might come of it then I think you should give it a try. I think you will soon enough get a good idea whether or not she's worth getting involved with again. If it doesn't work out to your liking then at least you'll know once and for all.

While usually trying to revive the past is unsucessful, it's not unheard of that relationships are successful rekindled. At least you'll remove any doubt.

WoodB

Don Juan
Reaction score
You should call her. If you don't, it will pull on your conscience. No other way to find out where you both really stand. If she hems and haws, drop her like a hot potato. If she makes it easy for you, ask her out.

expos

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ask her out - but have a back up plan (ie another woman). I know a lot of people are saying "ex's are ex's for a reason", but what worked once still has the ability to work again if two people are willing to make it work.

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dear Tic-Tac,
You were with this Lady for two years,a fair time to know each other,the dynamic didn't overwhelm either of you did it?....Why waste your time?to go back is just to revisit the reasons why you broke up,just move on,you have had a few interesting Ladies since and at your age the Demographic swings quite wildly in your direction,making it easier and easier to find talent...If you must insist on a trip down Memory Lane,then make sure she is kept as a Plate at best...So good luck Mate!

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Tictac- every time I've tried to rekindle a past flame they never really went anywhere. I even tried to pay extra attention to detail and do things right. The relationship never got back to the level it once was. I have tried 3 times and failed each time.

I recommend that you try it just so you can learn, however realize what you are up against.

Alvafe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
up to you really, just remember why last time it didn't work and if that was a mildy thing no much problem, like some say just go check its nt like you will drop all other woman for this right?