"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

What happened to sazc?

Spaz

Banned
Joined
Jan 14, 2018
Messages
8,337
Reaction score
6,878
Probably. Studies have been done showing female forum users get more attention and even replies even you don't know what the person looks like.
3 months of talking abt how you can't assemble a simple contraption and you dare come here talking abt nonsense?

You better get that machine up by hook or by crook and stop wasting people's time.
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 22, 2008
Messages
8,637
Reaction score
6,557
Age
69
Location
The 7th Dimension
3 months of talking abt how you can't assemble a simple contraption and you dare come here talking abt nonsense?

You better get that machine up by hook or by crook and stop wasting people's time.
Yes, you make a good point, @Spaz .

@biggoal , in another thread I even offered to download the manual and to give you personal guidance, but you ignored my offer to help.

Your excuse seems to be time, and the need to work on taxes. That's a BS excuse. Do you know how I know? Because you have plenty of time to post here on SoSuave.

Tomorrow morning, why don't you walk into that room, look at that monument to your fear and habit of avoidance, pick up that manual and finish the job? Men should know how to build and use tools. This kind of work builds confidence and self-reliance.
 

RickTheToad

Moderator
Joined
Apr 21, 2018
Messages
6,603
Reaction score
5,138
Location
Bridgeport, CT
Yes, you make a good point. @biggoal , in another thread I even offered to download the manual and to give you personal guidance, but you ignored my offer to help.

Your excuse seems to be time, and the need to work on taxes. That's a BS excuse. Do you know how I know? Because you have plenty of time to post here on SoSuave.

Tomorrow morning, why don't you walk into that room, look at that monument to your fear and habit of avoidance, pick up that manual and finish the job? Men should know how to build and use tools. This kind of work builds confidence and self-reliance.
@biggoal needs a temp. timeout like @bigdave17. The rest will help him refocus his priorities. He's like on SS 24/7.
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

Spaz

Banned
Joined
Jan 14, 2018
Messages
8,337
Reaction score
6,878
Yes, you make a good point, @Spaz .

@biggoal , in another thread I even offered to download the manual and to give you personal guidance, but you ignored my offer to help.

Your excuse seems to be time, and the need to work on taxes. That's a BS excuse. Do you know how I know? Because you have plenty of time to post here on SoSuave.

Tomorrow morning, why don't you walk into that room, look at that monument to your fear and habit of avoidance, pick up that manual and finish the job? Men should know how to build and use tools. This kind of work builds confidence and self-reliance.
You might be right abt his fears and avoidance issues.

@biggoal needs a temp. timeout like @bigdave17. The rest will help him refocus his priorities. He's like on SS 24/7.
Nah. It's just time to chg tactics.

Banning never does work because it's just abt shoving a problem elsewhere.

A man comes here for help and help we shall.

Ignore all his attempts or posts unless it's about his gym equipment.

Refocus where its important.
 

RickTheToad

Moderator
Joined
Apr 21, 2018
Messages
6,603
Reaction score
5,138
Location
Bridgeport, CT
You might be right abt his fears and avoidance issues.



Nah. It's just time to chg tactics.

Banning never does work because it's just abt shoving a problem elsewhere.

A man comes here for help and help we shall.

Ignore all his attempts or posts unless it's about his gym equipment.

Refocus where its important.
Going to have to respectfully disagree with you dude. The boy needs a break. He doesn't listen. A person who doesn't listen cannot be helped.
 

Black Widow Void

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 24, 2010
Messages
2,153
Reaction score
3,796
@biggoal , in another thread I even offered to download the manual and to give you personal guidance, but you ignored my offer to help.
That makes two of us. I PM'ed him and volunteered to speak to him by phone and his PM response was that I was too old. This seems to be a case of a horse being led to water, but not wanting to drink.

Normally, I'd wager that with age comes wisdom, but AttackFormation is about half my age and I think the guy is a genius.
 

Spaz

Banned
Joined
Jan 14, 2018
Messages
8,337
Reaction score
6,878
Going to have to respectfully disagree with you dude. The boy needs a break. He doesn't listen. A person who doesn't listen cannot be helped.
There's various methods at our disposal.

An arsenal of it.

For now, you can do ur part by not entertaining him and cutting off all interactions with him unless it's with regards to him getting his gym set up and running.

Be firm.
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Top