"She Liked You in March. It's October Now."

Attraction runs on a clock.

She flirted for weeks. Touched your arm. Found reasons to be alone with you. And you were careful. Respectful. Waiting for the right moment.

The moment had a shelf life. It expired around month two, and by the time you asked her out, she'd quietly filed you under "little brother."

One of the hardest lessons inside the 22 Rules: women rarely wait. Interest either grows or it decays, and nothing decays it faster than a man who never moves.

Make the move while she's still inventing reasons to be near you.

Read more...

What exactly is sweet talking a girl? Whats the difference between a DJ and a simp sweet talking?

isasda66

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Nov 23, 2019
Messages
245
Reaction score
172
Age
30
My last plate broke because I was didnt calibrate was far too aloof and gave non-provider vibes.

I overheard her talk to friends that she realised the "relationship wasnt going anywhere".

She didnt bring this up overtly so I could use some form of dangling the carrot for "The Talk". I was not going to bring it up, she has to bring this up first.

I guess I should have fed her some scraps but somehow I'm quite bad at validating women.
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

synecdoche

Don Juan
Joined
Jun 22, 2019
Messages
111
Reaction score
81
The difference between a simp talking sweet and a dj is the subtext. The simp will come off as needy and value seeking, the dj will give value and have an abundance mindset.

And this isn't just those couple of sentences but it's related to the whole dynamic between the two.

As you said yourself if you have an abundant mindset, are busy and limit your time with them you have to feed them scraps sometimes or they'll break.
 

GioWolf

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jan 7, 2020
Messages
213
Reaction score
448
Age
45
My last plate broke because I was didnt calibrate was far too aloof and gave non-provider vibes.

I overheard her talk to friends that she realised the "relationship wasnt going anywhere".

She didnt bring this up overtly so I could use some form of dangling the carrot for "The Talk". I was not going to bring it up, she has to bring this up first.

I guess I should have fed her some scraps but somehow I'm quite bad at validating women.
that’s not really a plate, it was a girl you were stringing along to use for sex.
 

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 10, 2020
Messages
3,129
Reaction score
3,626
Location
US
Sweet talking only works if she already pulled into your frame, ie if you are leading and aloof. For a relationship, you need the right mix of tenderness and aggression, ie providing but also dominating.
 

corrector

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 12, 2009
Messages
10,391
Reaction score
4,058
My last plate broke because I was didnt calibrate was far too aloof and gave non-provider vibes.

I overheard her talk to friends that she realised the "relationship wasnt going anywhere".

She didnt bring this up overtly so I could use some form of dangling the carrot for "The Talk". I was not going to bring it up, she has to bring this up first.

I guess I should have fed her some scraps but somehow I'm quite bad at validating women.
Women have plenty of options all the time. Maybe she just met someone else that was more attractive looks wise than you. When you start blaming yourself for a break-up and saying it's because this or that then you already have a scarcity mindset and are projecting that on her. A guy with options does not micro-analyze any break-up or write threads about it, you just move on to the next girl(s) you have. With the right girl you can't do no wrong.
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

isasda66

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Nov 23, 2019
Messages
245
Reaction score
172
Age
30
that’s not really a plate, it was a girl you were stringing along to use for sex.
Lets not go into that. She was stringing along a few guys too.

I was not averse to a relationship with her, just not at that time.

Women have plenty of options all the time. Maybe she just met someone else that was more attractive looks wise than you. When you start blaming yourself for a break-up and saying it's because this or that then you already have a scarcity mindset and are projecting that on her. A guy with options does not micro-analyze any break-up or write threads about it, you just move on to the next girl(s) you have. With the right girl you can't do no wrong.
I'm fine if she leaves. Just want to learn how to feed them scraps. I can be quite cold and aloof.

Sweet talking only works if she already pulled into your frame, ie if you are leading and aloof. For a relationship, you need the right mix of tenderness and aggression, ie providing but also dominating.
This is what gets me. The providing but being dominant. I got the dominant part. Care to elaborate on the providing?
 
Top