Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What do you do when...

rsxy

Don Juan
Reaction score
What do you do when you know that the relationship you're in will eventually fall to pieces?

Heres some background......

Ive been in an LTR for 2 years now, the girl is great, we get along amazingly well and there are basically no real problems with our relationship right now. THe problem comes looking into the future. Our goals and aspirations will take us on completely different paths, I want to be free to travel and move to different cities (I am just finishing an international business degree) she wants the typical small house near her parents with 2.2 kids and a dog and a white picket fence (which is my nightmare situation). There are also religious differences which she says would cause problems if I wasnt the same religion as her later in life.

Basically to make a long story short, I am moving to another city in August, she had planned to come along. Now I am realizing that we are not going to be together forever, theres no chance of that. Should I call it off now, wait a few months, have some great sex until I leave and then part ways, or should I go along with her moving in and drag out the end for a couple years???

Thanks for any insights you can provide.

One more thing....... I am going to be in a new school working on my the end of my degree, do you feel that being in a LTR makes you miss out on the university / college experience of meeting new girls and exploring things?

WaterTiger

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Make a clean break and tell her why. You're future goals are going in totally different directions and you'll end up making each other miserable. There is no reason to draw that out and waste valuable time. It's going to be painful and ugly, but it's better you break up now than later.

JSH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
if you enjoy her company and YOU want to stay with her, then stay with her and break up when you are no longer compatible. Who knows, she might change her mind. However, do not let her change YOUR mind. Follow your dream.

rsxy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks, that helps. It does sound like good advice. I know that my goals and future should not be changed by anyone and I will keep working towards them. :)