Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What do you do for a living?

cola

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Some of you I know what you do, but I’m curious what fields you guys are in.

So what do you do, tell us a little about your job, how old you are, how many years on the job and are you content with your job.
This also could be a good networking thread to meet people in a similar field and discuss some things.

Dr.Suave

Reaction score
Some of you I know what you do, but I’m curious what fields you guys are in.

So what do you do, tell us a little about your job, how old you are, how many years on the job and are you content with your job.
This also could be a good networking thread to meet people in a similar field and discuss some things.
High school teacher. Started at 21, I´m 33 now. There´s stuff I like and dislike about the job but the benefits are good.

Epic Days

Banned
Reaction score
Engineering and mechanical design.

Lynx nkaf

Banned
Reaction score
Welder; Ironworker; Mechanic.
Job is fulfilling, I don't take it home with me.
Less than one year as mechanic; 12 years ironworker; 25 years welder
I am fulfilled but not as content as I could be.
I will restart university -engineering - in the next few years after becoming debtfree and accomplishing health goals first.

FairShake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
RN
Assistant Director of Nursing at a nursing home/rehab center although I've worked all over the nursing field
As of the past year I've also done some nurse consulting work in the area of elder law and life care planning. A good option for burn out. Which brings me to...My job has been one of the most confounding, awesome, heartbreaking, challenging, and important things in my life. Wouldn't trade the experiences for anything though. Got some great life experience along the way and feel like I can handle life's challenges what ever is thrown at me. Oh yeah, helped a few people along the way too.

dr.harker

Don Juan
Reaction score
Winemaker. Napa Valley. 38years old. 6 years in this career. Very fulfilling but, it’s Napa so competition is intense. It’s my second career. Did tech sales/sales management for 12 years before in San Francisco.

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rather not say, but it's more than 3x the average wage. I have to interact with people, sometimes different and always new people weekly. Pretty much downturn-proof, started in the great recession of '08. It takes up a sh!tload of my time though. As I gain financial independence in the coming years, I will try to work less at every turn. As it stands though, I'll work even though I'm almost on my deathbed sick because I need to keep up with the investment goals I have. I'm leery of Investing in anything right now, so I'm not earning much in the way of interest. When it all falls (it should soon given historical data ~ we're due), I'll be snooping to dig in to something that will return to the mean or exceed it. This 28,000 DOW is stupid, considering it was 7,000 a mere 12 years ago. Something is terribly WRONG!

cola

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rather not say, but it's more than 3x the average wage. I have to interact with people, sometimes different and always new people weekly. Pretty much downturn-proof, started in the great recession of '08. It takes up a sh!tload of my time though. As I gain financial independence in the coming years, I will try to work less at every turn. As it stands though, I'll work even though I'm almost on my deathbed sick because I need to keep up with the investment goals I have. I'm leery of Investing in anything right now, so I'm not earning much in the way of interest. When it all falls (it should soon given historical data ~ we're due), I'll be snooping to dig in to something that will return to the mean or exceed it. This 28,000 DOW is stupid, considering it was 7,000 a mere 12 years ago. Something is terribly WRONG!
Sounds like a waste of life to me.

Sponty

Banned
Reaction score
I work 3 jobs during the week I work in IT cisco switches and networking mostly, part time I was delivering the mail on saturdays and I also work nights at a hospital mainly per diem. I'm trying to find a second IT job thats per diem or at least contractual in nature so I can stop working at the hospital.

Staticus

Don Juan
Reaction score
I’m a project manager at a communication company. My department specializes in 5G small cell installations for all major vendors. Pays good, I get to stay in the field, and I get to lead my team throughout the southeast. I average a 56% profit margin each quarter which I get a bonus on.

Focal core

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Harassing people as a recovery banker

Restart school this year in project management

switch7

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I work 3 jobs during the week I work in IT cisco switches and networking mostly, part time I was delivering the mail on saturdays and I also work nights at a hospital mainly per diem. I'm trying to find a second IT job thats per diem or at least contractual in nature so I can stop working at the hospital.
I respect the grind

Rictor1

Don Juan
Reaction score
Like FairShake, I'm also an RN. I also have a previous degree in Social Work so I used to be a social worker as well. As an RN I worked in addiction medicine getting people off of substances such as heroin, benzodiazepines, alcohol, etc. On my free time I do volunteer work and I do some personal training on the side charging a low rate of $50/hour.