Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What are your thoughts on all the rampant shoplifting?

Xenom0rph

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
With all the rampant shoplifting and stores being forced to close, what are your thoughts?

My prediction is that stores like Walmart, Target, Costco will be forced to adopt an Amazon model and only allow shopping online.

It's insane how all these District Attornies aren't prosecuting shoplifting anymore.

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if some corporations wanted to close some stores. Far cheaper to house merchandise in a warehouse and sell it online than staff and maintaina multiple large stores for customers.

I think you will see more closures, but I would be careful accepting the excuses they give for closing.

It's not all about theft.

In regards to the Amazon model of selling online out of warehouses and package delivery. I've always wondered how efficient that is and the impact on the environment.

Last edited:

Hamurabimbi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
People actually still shop in stores?
I prefer to shop in stores. Also. in the SF Bay Area. porch pirates are far too common. And while many homes have gates, UPS. FedEx. Amazon delivery people usually won’t close the gate after delivery.

HaleyBaron

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
People would not steal if they could afford things.

Xenom0rph

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if some corporations wanted to close some stores. Far cheaper to house merchandise in a warehouse and sell it online than staff and maintaina multiple large stores for customers.

I think you will see more closures, but I would be careful accepting the excuses they give for closing.

It's not all about theft.

In regards to the Amazon model of selling online out of warehouses and package delivery. I've always wondered how efficient that is and the impact on the environment.

The problem would be groceries and drugs. Let's say you order some groceries, let's say there's a huge backlog and you don't get your order for 4 days. For people with kids, this is a problem.

Also medications would be an issue. With the rampant theft in stores like CVS, having a backlog/disruption in medications could be life-threatening for some individuals.

It's far easier for the consumers just to drive out to their local CVS or grocery store and pick up what they need.

Amazon used to promise 1 day deliver, but now almost all my orders are 2 days. I don't mind because I'm not ordering food. But if I'm ordering food or meds, I need it now.

Why aren't District Attornies prosecuting theft? How did these District Attornies get into office?

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
And now delivery “gig economy” couriers are scamming folks too. Apple is using UberEats and Postmates drivers to courier thousands of dollars of equipment same day in large metro areas, the drivers never show up and say they’ve delivered the items. They just never show up for work again.

Stories all over the news. Not to mention porch pirates.

Bokanovsky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Saw something at a department store yesterday that made me do a double take. The guy walks up to a rack, grabs three or four pairs of pants and a couple of sweatshirts and then walks into an elevator (which you have to take to get out of the store). No only was he shoplifting but - get this - he was eating from a bag of take out food while doing so. Because who has time to simply steal sh!t nowadays? You've got to be able to multitask.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I can't stand the people who think shoplifting is civil disobedience or some sort of political statement. You're not a rebel. You're a fvcking thief. It just makes life harder for everyone else.

BMX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nationwide concealed carry. NOW. Not just for these dinosaur cops.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
Nationwide concealed carry. NOW. Not just for these dinosaur cops.
I’m a proponent of shall issue CCW laws, but we need to make sure people are trained, regularly. Like recertification every 2 years to CC, 25yard, Teuller drills, and cognitive. I don’t need stray 9mm slugs flying around my head.

“An armed society is a polite society.” -Heinlein

BMX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I’m a proponent of shall issue CCW laws, but we need to make sure people are trained, regularly. Like recertification every 2 years to CC, 25yard, Teuller drills, and cognitive. I don’t need start 9mm slugs flying around my head.
#MeToo

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I’m a proponent of shall issue CCW laws, but we need to make sure people are trained, regularly. Like recertification every 2 years to CC, 25yard, Teuller drills, and cognitive. I don’t need stray 9mm slugs flying around my head.

“An armed society is a polite society.” -Heinlein
You want the state of California to define "cognitive"?

Karen Bulldyke: We're sorry Pierce, you posted on SoSauve
also Karen Bulldyke: Richard Ramirez, come on down, my comrade in oppression

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score