"Nervous Around Beautiful Women? There's a Rule for That"

I could talk to any woman I wasn't attracted to. Charming, funny, relaxed. Then a gorgeous woman looked my way and I'd become a sweating, babbling mess.

The fix took me years to find and ten minutes to learn. Nervousness and excitement are the same physical state — pounding heart, adrenaline, flushed face. Your brain just picks the label. And you can pick a better one.

Rule 16 shows you how. You feel the nerves, relabel them as excitement, and let that energy pour out as enthusiasm. Women notice the guy radiating it. They always do.

Read more...

What’s your opinion on the movie Hitch?

superstorm250

Banned
Joined
Dec 13, 2014
Messages
77
Reaction score
8
They were playing it on TV tonight and I was wondering what everyone on here thought of that movie. I think that it appeals to guys more than most romantic comedies since a lot of them are chick flicks, Hitch is probably one of the only romantic comedies that actually makes an effort to be geared towards a male audience. I think there’s also some good lessons for guys in the movie (see the video below for an example) about how important your body language is, making a good impression with her friends, using what you have and not trying to be something you’re not, and how important a first kiss can be if you’re looking for a relationship. Now don’t get me wrong, it is still a fake and over the top Hollywood production but that’s the movie I would probably choose to watch if I could only watch a romantic comedy.

 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 27, 2015
Messages
17,586
Reaction score
11,948
Location
DFW, TX
They were playing it on TV tonight and I was wondering what everyone on here thought of that movie. I think that it appeals to guys more than most romantic comedies since a lot of them are chick flicks, Hitch is probably one of the only romantic comedies that actually makes an effort to be geared towards a male audience. I think there’s also some good lessons for guys in the movie (see the video below for an example) about how important your body language is, making a good impression with her friends, using what you have and not trying to be something you’re not, and how important a first kiss can be if you’re looking for a relationship. Now don’t get me wrong, it is still a fake and over the top Hollywood production but that’s the movie I would probably choose to watch if I could only watch a romantic comedy.

It makes dating and male bachelorhood fun. I found another movie "The brothers" with Morris Chestnut, Shermar Moore, Bill Bellamy, DL Hugley that showed a fun successful life bachelorhood. Wedding crashers also has that vibe and so does the movie "Swingers".
 

BackInTheGame78

Moderator
Joined
Sep 10, 2014
Messages
16,864
Reaction score
19,093
I mean the advice is mostly solid and goes with a lot of what is said on these forums. Maybe not presented in the same way but similar messages.
 

corrector

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 12, 2009
Messages
10,391
Reaction score
4,058
I watched it in cinema in 2005 and have rewatched it in 2017 (part of a drive to rewatch 00 movies I saw in theatres with the modern TV I had purchased for Nostalgia).

It was at a time that game was popular for everyone and not a toxic thing it is today reserved for chads who can get away with it without looking creepy.
 

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 27, 2015
Messages
17,586
Reaction score
11,948
Location
DFW, TX
I watched it in cinema in 2005 and have rewatched it in 2017 (part of a drive to rewatch 00 movies I saw in theatres with the modern TV I had purchased for Nostalgia).

It was at a time that game was popular for everyone and not a toxic thing it is today reserved for chads who can get away with it without looking creepy.
Woah... So your saying being as sociable as Will Smith was in the movie is considered "creepy" by 2020 standards? That's pretty scarey.
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 29, 2020
Messages
2,792
Reaction score
2,125
Anything with Will Smith I tend to dismiss in terms of real life; probably from watching Men In Black 500000 times
 

Billtx49

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 23, 2013
Messages
5,989
Reaction score
5,410
Location
DFW
Woah... So your saying being as sociable as Will Smith was in the movie is considered "creepy" by 2020 standards? That's pretty scarey.
Exactly, IMO the main point in the movie was for men to become as smooth and sociable with women as Will was…
He was trying to teach the dweeb some social awareness.
 

7onriverI f

Banned
Joined
Jan 31, 2020
Messages
604
Reaction score
288
Not my sort of way of getting girls into you. I would rather not talk much or think much and just look at them until they ask you Do you have a gf later? That's in a work environment. In a club environment its looking at them until they come over and dance with you. In a bar environment its a look until she looks away and then comes up to you and asks you to come sit with them and their friends after they ask you who your with. Then they offer to buy you a drink.

All those scenarios are real life examples of whats happened to me. Posters here seem to think they are all call girls who are into me which would be 8 or 9 girls over the course of the night every night i go out who are call girls. Guys are hard out hitting on these 8 or 9 girls and guys who are in the know and might have the balls to bang them. Usually indian guys nod at me and come and shake my hand because they are practicing being in presence moment. You can tell with the eyes. Other guys including some white guys are right there in the now as well.
 
Last edited:

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 26, 2017
Messages
3,069
Reaction score
3,889
Age
53
I think it had good value and as you said, more entertaining to watch than other romantic movies for guys. It touched on the psychology of dating which is a good way to spread some awareness to clueless guys out there through the mainstream.

Another one that comes to mind at least for that period was: "What Women Want" into giving clueless guys some insight into how women's brains work.
 

7onriverI f

Banned
Joined
Jan 31, 2020
Messages
604
Reaction score
288
I think it had good value and as you said, more entertaining to watch than other romantic movies for guys. It touched on the psychology of dating which is a good way to spread some awareness to clueless guys out there through the mainstream.

Another one that comes to mind at least for that period was: "What Women Want" into giving clueless guys some insight into how women's brains work.
David X recommends that movie what women want. I would disagree with how david x picks up and that mode one stuff. I've tried it and I have the girl saying no straight of the bat looking me direct in the eye 5 or 6 days of doing it. Perhaps thats time to pull away a bit.

I've had girls saying no when its just me and her in the room (theres others but we are just looking at each other) and i move away from her and shes still looking at me and im looking at her from time to time. Push pull is a far better thing and should be a natural thing rather than straight up asking them if they wanna **** basically which is hard out push. I haven't tried pulling away with a direct statement other than a one time walking off on a girl when she wasn't showing any interest and she came running after me and then told her friends she doesn't care tonight she wants to bang me.
 
Last edited:

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

7onriverI f

Banned
Joined
Jan 31, 2020
Messages
604
Reaction score
288
I watched it in cinema in 2005 and have rewatched it in 2017 (part of a drive to rewatch 00 movies I saw in theatres with the modern TV I had purchased for Nostalgia).

It was at a time that game was popular for everyone and not a toxic thing it is today reserved for chads who can get away with it without looking creepy.
You have to walk away at the right time. Watching that clip in the movie hitch the guy is still trying to push after the girl is saying no before will smith comes in. You can still talk to her but you have pull back with your body language and words. it's simply taking a step back because she ain't showing interest and then perhaps looking at her again later.
 
Top