"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

Well it has finally Happened......

2Rocky

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 13, 2016
Messages
2,444
Reaction score
2,738
Age
52
I’m with you on the marriage thing. I’m gunshy at best if not downright adverse to marriage but like you I have assets to worry about and responsibilities to my ex spouse financially. No way I want a new partner mucking that up. It’s a different landscape in your 50s to be sure...having already done the whole kid thing.

It never occurred to me to marry for money. That always seemed to be a sell out. So I pick first on passion, which isn’t perfect but desire is never an issue, lol.

Sorry it ran it’s course...

NEXT!
Amen to the Bolded Part.

Wonder if anyone can speak to an UNmarriage. An exclusive LTR where the couple is in appearances married but not married according to the governing body...No marriage license. Separate finances.

I can see a problem with Medical and inheritance issues if there is no license. FWIW a Civil union has all the Community property implications of a marriage.
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 16, 2015
Messages
5,413
Reaction score
7,928
Age
57
Amen to the Bolded Part.

Wonder if anyone can speak to an UNmarriage. An exclusive LTR where the couple is in appearances married but not married according to the governing body...No marriage license. Separate finances.

I can see a problem with Medical and inheritance issues if there is no license. FWIW a Civil union has all the Community property implications of a marriage.
You create a partnership or a trust if that’s the intent. In either of those structures you have great flexibility to assign assets and responsibilities. You would not be considered next of kin, but power of attorney for healthcare and other documents can cover much of that.

Marriage has its advantages in the older age group. Amongst my peers we are at an age where people get sick, they die, they require a caregiver...the can lose their faculties. At my age one deals with aging parents and so you get a front row seat to what poor end of life planning looks like. Often it ain’t pretty.

But the 50s is on the one hand like the fun of the 20s but without the risk of pregnancy and with money. That part rocks. But it’s also that you start to lose people around you. I know widows and widowers now...that’s an anomaly in the 20s. Not so at my age.

In some ways I’m actually having more fun than ever. But I also choose to be lively and surround myself with lively people. Boredom is for the boring.

Yawn.

Cheers
 

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 6, 2015
Messages
5,145
Reaction score
3,302
Age
52
Location
Hoe County, California
What kind of marriage?

1. the legal government enslavement kind, that's designed to rob you of half your wealth.

or

2. the illegal kind, which disregards any outside rules and regulations.
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 29, 2020
Messages
2,792
Reaction score
2,125
Sounds like a bad deal unless you are getting some sort of equity in the house. Then again, you would not have any type of house payment of your own so theoretically you might come out ahead financially.
You can get very creative on terms of gaining property ownership, for example if you maintain a property for a full year, you get to own it in certain places, this is a fairly common law as far as I know.

Also, this guy comes to mind
 
Top