Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Well it has finally Happened......

2Rocky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I’m with you on the marriage thing. I’m gunshy at best if not downright adverse to marriage but like you I have assets to worry about and responsibilities to my ex spouse financially. No way I want a new partner mucking that up. It’s a different landscape in your 50s to be sure...having already done the whole kid thing.

It never occurred to me to marry for money. That always seemed to be a sell out. So I pick first on passion, which isn’t perfect but desire is never an issue, lol.

Sorry it ran it’s course...

NEXT!
Amen to the Bolded Part.

Wonder if anyone can speak to an UNmarriage. An exclusive LTR where the couple is in appearances married but not married according to the governing body...No marriage license. Separate finances.

I can see a problem with Medical and inheritance issues if there is no license. FWIW a Civil union has all the Community property implications of a marriage.

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Amen to the Bolded Part.

Wonder if anyone can speak to an UNmarriage. An exclusive LTR where the couple is in appearances married but not married according to the governing body...No marriage license. Separate finances.

I can see a problem with Medical and inheritance issues if there is no license. FWIW a Civil union has all the Community property implications of a marriage.
You create a partnership or a trust if that’s the intent. In either of those structures you have great flexibility to assign assets and responsibilities. You would not be considered next of kin, but power of attorney for healthcare and other documents can cover much of that.

Marriage has its advantages in the older age group. Amongst my peers we are at an age where people get sick, they die, they require a caregiver...the can lose their faculties. At my age one deals with aging parents and so you get a front row seat to what poor end of life planning looks like. Often it ain’t pretty.

But the 50s is on the one hand like the fun of the 20s but without the risk of pregnancy and with money. That part rocks. But it’s also that you start to lose people around you. I know widows and widowers now...that’s an anomaly in the 20s. Not so at my age.

In some ways I’m actually having more fun than ever. But I also choose to be lively and surround myself with lively people. Boredom is for the boring.

Yawn.

Cheers

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What kind of marriage?

1. the legal government enslavement kind, that's designed to rob you of half your wealth.

or

2. the illegal kind, which disregards any outside rules and regulations.

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sounds like a bad deal unless you are getting some sort of equity in the house. Then again, you would not have any type of house payment of your own so theoretically you might come out ahead financially.
You can get very creative on terms of gaining property ownership, for example if you maintain a property for a full year, you get to own it in certain places, this is a fairly common law as far as I know.

Also, this guy comes to mind