Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Weights and bulking are overrated.

RIchardo

Don Juan
Reaction score
Now, this is my own personal opinion , as i see many people prefer the bulking, gaining mass type of workout, but i think other alternatives are actually better.

If you have seen bradd pitt in fight club, i would say that is the ideal male body, cut and lean, like that of a warrior of old (spartan, roman etc)

If you bulk to much, your cardio wont usually be as good and its very hard to maintain all that bulk past your 20s without it turning to fat...

However, not to mention alot of injuries and stress problems on the skeletal structure result from lifting.

I personally would say all you need to do to look lean toned and sexy to the ladies , is lots of pushups, pullups, running, and crunches or abroller ( id say the abroller is the best piece of equipment ever made)

If you do a decent amount of all of the above every week, you will have decent sized arms, pecs, be very defined and have a pretty sweet looking 6 pack.

Heres just a trial routine to get you on your way.

Mon, wed, fri - set of as many pushups as possible
rest 30 sec.
next set of as many pushups as possible
rest 30 seconds
next set of as many pushups as possible
rest a minute and repeat the above

I only say as many as possible because i do not know your current capabilities, i like to set it up in a pyramid fashion.

here is my pushups routine

set of 60
rest for 30 sec
set of 50
rest 30 sec
set of 40
rest a min
set of 30
rest 30 sec
set of 20
rest 30 sec
set of 10

For pullups , 3 sets of 10 is usually a good number with about 30 seconds in between sets

For the abs, id recommend 100 crunches (leg lifts are very good too) or 30 abrolls....... The key to gettin abs is the decline in the movement, thus doing crunches or situps with weights and or medicine balls really helps tone them

As for running, id say 2-3 miles a day 3-5 days a week is adequate for such, if you cant do that right away , then work up to it gradually..

Now on yoru way to looking like a model.

FlyGuy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There are some people out there (like me) who won't ever look big unless we train with weights and take supplements. I'm already ripped but when I put on a shirt I look like a scrawny bald guy. I want to look bigger even with my shirt on, even if I will never reach gargantuan proportions. I just want to increase size. My chest in particular seems impossible to grow without weight training, though ironically my arms grow quite well. So I have ripped abs and arms but a small chest :p Not exactly a model's body...

But yeah if you don't need to gain a lot there's no need for weight training really that I can think of.

Metaphor

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
There's so many things wrong with what you said I'm not even sure where to start..

If you bulk to much, your cardio wont usually be as good and its very hard to maintain all that bulk past your 20s without it turning to fat...

Muscle can't turn into fat

However, not to mention alot of injuries and stress problems on the skeletal structure result from lifting.

From lifting incorrectly, yes..

For the abs, id recommend 100 crunches (leg lifts are very good too) or 30 abrolls....... The key to gettin abs is the decline in the movement, thus doing crunches or situps with weights and or medicine balls really helps tone them

Leg lifts are primarily a hip flexor movement. The key to 'gettin' abs is your diet. You can't tone a muscle through an exercise.

DJintheworks

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I kinda agree. I have seen two guys just enormously strong and buff dudes go from being the sh*t of domination to being a lump of fudge. Not because they were lazy but got severely injured. One dude broke his back in a college football game and the other one blew out his knee squating. Im not even that big but after putting on about 45 pounds after freshman year of college and still being ripped I feel like I look cool but I am slower and less athletic than before. Most likely due from doing minimal activities and sports to conserve calories. I dont want to be really buffed out and then get hurt and all that bulk just sludges into fat especially I am sure than when I get older my metabolism will cut down. I think pitt is too small and would rather go for a little bigger version of a mens health cover guy (still small but more flexable).

DIESEL

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by RIchardo
Now, this is my own personal opinion , as i see many people prefer the bulking, gaining mass type of workout, but i think other alternatives are actually better.
if you're into looking like a scrawny dweeb.

If you have seen bradd pitt in fight club, i would say that is the ideal male body, cut and lean, like that of a warrior of old (spartan, roman etc)
ideal to you. he had negative mass in that movie, he was just cut to shreds. do some winny and clen and you can have that look too. Oooooh, real difficult.

If you bulk to much, your cardio wont usually be as good
do an HIIT workout with me. I'll bet you I'll bury you. You really shouldn't generalize you come off sounding like an idiot.

and its very hard to maintain all that bulk past your 20s without it turning to fat...
you also really should stop talking out of your ass. It makes you sound like an even bigger idiot than you already are. (Note to newbies reading this garbage: THIS IS ABSOLUTELY NOT TRUE)

NO. Weightlifting actually STRENGTHENS YOUR SKELETAL STRUCTURE. "Stress injuries" as you call them are part of the adaptation process, and even then, for most lifters it's an uncommon occurrence and not something that happens regularly.

Once again, heed my advice on talking out of your ass.

I personally would say all you need to do to look lean toned and sexy to the ladies , is lots of pushups, pullups, running, and crunches or abroller
utter, utter, garbage. This routine will only work for about the 3 months it would take your body to adapt to it.. then it becomes utterly, absolutely WORTHLESS.

AGAIN NOTE TO NEWBIES: NOTHING BEATS FREE WEIGHTS. NOTHING!

( id say the abroller is the best piece of equipment ever made)
the abroller is a nice way of fukking up your lower back.

The hanging leg raise, and the roman chair crunch are the best ab movements you can do.

If you do a decent amount of all of the above every week, you will have decent sized arms, pecs, be very defined and have a pretty sweet looking 6 pack.
no you won't. if by decent you mean 14.5" arms and a 38" chest, seeing as you have totally neglected the nutritional aspect of training. And even if you did eat enough, this program is still worthless after the first 8 weeks or so.

Heres just a trial routine to get you on your way.
follow his routine if you never want to gain more than 5 lbs. of muscle.

Now on yoru way to looking like a model.
actually now, you're on your way to looking like a skinny dweeb.

FYI most models in magazines look like shyt - scrawny, negative muscle definition, with abs that are bigger than their pecs.

Go post this bullshyt on datingissues.com they would definitely appreciate it over there.

DIESEL

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
But yeah if you don't need to gain a lot there's no need for weight training really that I can think of.
hey flyguy,

I'm surprised by this comment. I'd figure you would know better.

Weight training is perhaps the best defense a human has against most of the ravages of old age. It is literally the fountain of youth. (other than taking straight GH shots, of course )

FlyGuy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I thought that excercise in general combats aging, not JUST weight lifting. What does weight training do besides give definition and/or bulk? From everything I've read so far weight training provides the stimulus for muscle growth, though I'm sure there are other benefits (stronger skeletal structure) muscle growth is the primary. BTW I'm still quite the noob when it comes to weight training so don't be surprised :p

Metaphor

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey Diesel I'm curious as to what you mean by negative muscle definition. I'm assuming you just mean that these skinny guys have next to no muscle..but I'm wondering if it's a specific term.
And Richardo..if you want to be cut over being big that's fine. But at least pick a role model that doesn't look like a 16 year old girl with sub 14 inch arms. John Basedow would be a good example..http://www.muscleweb.com/john/

DJintheworks

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I think weight traing COMBINED with serious consistent stretching is literally a fountain of youth.

DJ de Florida

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by DJintheworks
I think weight traing COMBINED with serious consistent stretching is literally a fountain of youth.
There are a lot of weight trainers who neglect stretching. It is important.......

DIESEL

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Metaphor
Hey Diesel I'm curious as to what you mean by negative muscle definition. I'm assuming you just mean that these skinny guys have next to no muscle..but I'm wondering if it's a specific term.
that's a term I like to use for dudes who are cut but have no muscle mass. Like those dudes you see in recent Calvin Klein underwear ads.

And Richardo..if you want to be cut over being big that's fine. But at least pick a role model that doesn't look like a 16 year old girl with sub 14 inch arms. John Basedow would be a good example..http://www.muscleweb.com/john/
and even John Basedow uses free weights !!

DIESEL

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by FlyGuy
I thought that excercise in general combats aging, not JUST weight lifting. What does weight training do besides give definition and/or bulk? From everything I've read so far weight training provides the stimulus for muscle growth, though I'm sure there are other benefits (stronger skeletal structure) muscle growth is the primary. BTW I'm still quite the noob when it comes to weight training so don't be surprised :p
Weight lifting is much better than straight cardio to combat aging. not only the skeletal strengthening, but also the increased levels of GH and Test in the body as compared to non-weight training males.

Ideally you are doing a little of both.

DIESEL

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by DJintheworks
stretching is ancillary and not NECESSARY to the weight training. you can get the same benefits of increased GH, test production, and stronger bones WITHOUT STRETCHING.

however, it still has its place in training.

D

Metaphor

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Diesel..one other thing. You mentioned hanging leg raises. I'm wondering why this exercise would have more of a beneficial benefit to the abs then leg raises on the floor or reverse crunches, as some people may do. I've always been taught that these types of movements emphasize the hip flexors more then the abs.

DIESEL

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Metaphor
Diesel..one other thing. You mentioned hanging leg raises. I'm wondering why this exercise would have more of a beneficial benefit to the abs then leg raises on the floor or reverse crunches, as some people may do. I've always been taught that these types of movements emphasize the hip flexors more then the abs.
hanging leg raises hit everything! they are way harder than crunches or leg raises - definitely should be part of the workout arsenal.

D

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
I think you need to take into account that not everyone wants to look like a body builder, or have huge pipes. Some people who rather have a wiry muscular frame then a big thick muscular body like fukking hercules ya know.

DIESEL

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Julian
I think you need to take into account that not everyone wants to look like a body builder, or have huge pipes. Some people who rather have a wiry muscular frame then a big thick muscular body like fukking hercules ya know.
you're not going to get that body with his workout either. You still have to lift, either way.

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah i know =)