Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Watch the carbs!

Reaction score
Easy to put on weight I found, yesterday I tipped the scales at 197lbs at 6'3". Was 190lbs like 2 weeks ago.. Sounds good right? Not really... had a geez in the mirror and saw that I'm growing a god damn pot belly!!!:( Due to me eating about 3lbs of potatoes a day I'd say. My tip, avoid carbs in the evening! Otherwise you'll gain weight, except it'll be just be fat.

To you skinny 6'1" 130lbs anorexic freaks out their, don't worry about the carbs, eat 5lbs of potatoes a day and you'll be fat in no time...

AFK Protector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Guess what I found out yesterday. I can breathe.

Easy to put on weight....naw really?

I agree with Newbie here. Potatoes = carbs and calories, but if you're eating 3 POUNDS!!! That's a lot of carbs AND calories. If you're not exercising to work it off, then you will gain weight no matter what, unless you sh1t 24/7.

Derek Flint

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Marin County, CA - just North of San Francisco
Originally posted by NEWBIE101
Carbs don't make you fat. Calories do.
Carbs with a high-glycemic index will make you gain weight and retain that weight.

If you were to consume 2000 calories per day, mostly from protien as opposed to 2000 calories per day, mostly from "bad" carbs, you'll notice the difference.

Avoid carbs like sugar, bread, pasta etc...

Most processed foods will cause you to gain weight, and not good weight either.

Sticking to fresh, non-processed foods is your best bet.

NEWBIE101

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Derek Flint
Carbs with a high-glycemic index will make you gain weight and retain that weight.

If you were to consume 2000 calories per day, mostly from protien as opposed to 2000 calories per day, mostly from "bad" carbs, you'll notice the difference.

Avoid carbs like sugar, bread, pasta etc...

Most processed foods will cause you to gain weight, and not good weight either.

Sticking to fresh, non-processed foods is your best bet.
Not totally buddy.

Macronutrients and their timing determines what you will gain or lose the weight from. For instance, if you're eating 4000 calories a day of protein and healthy sources of carbs and fat, you will still gain weight, but most will be from muscle and minimal fat. Meanwhile, if you're eating 4000 calories a day of minimal protein and lots of trans fat and high GI carbs, you will still gain the same amount of weight. But, less of that weight will be muscle and more will be fat.

There's a good article called "A Unified Theory of Nutrition" by a man called Will Brink on this topic. I'd suggest you give it a read. ;)

Derek Flint

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Marin County, CA - just North of San Francisco
Carbs with a high-gycemic index will raise your insulin levels which in turn will cause weight (fat) gain as well as weight (fat) retention.

Then there's that whole diabetes thing...

The whole point is to avoid high-GI carbs.

flava

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Carbs don't make you fat. Calories do.
calories never can and never will make you fat, buff or whatever. most people dont even know what calories are. it is not a nutrient but rather a measure of nutrients. it breaks down as 1g fat=9, 1g carb=4, 1g protien=4. so you see i could consumer 400g of protien no fat and carbs and that would make 4000cal. is that going to make me fat? no protien can not be converted into fat. so measure you nutrients not calories, i gets even more complicated but calories help "simplify" things.

NEWBIE101

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by flava
calories never can and never will make you fat, buff or whatever. most people dont even know what calories are. it is not a nutrient but rather a measure of nutrients. it breaks down as 1g fat=9, 1g carb=4, 1g protien=4. so you see i could consumer 400g of protien no fat and carbs and that would make 4000cal. is that going to make me fat? no protien can not be converted into fat. so measure you nutrients not calories, i gets even more complicated but calories help "simplify" things.
No.

You have things confused my friend.

Excess calories no matter from what macronutrient will automatically be converted into fat. I do know that carbs and protein have 4 cals per gram, fat has 9 per gram, and alcohol has 7.

I'd suggest giving this article a read...I suggested it before.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/willbrink10.htm

flava

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
No.

You have things confused my friend.

Excess calories no matter from what macronutrient will automatically be converted into fat. I do know that carbs and protein have 4 cals per gram, fat has 9 per gram, and alcohol has 7.

I'd suggest giving this article a read...I suggested it before.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/willbrink10.htm
theres a big diffrence between weight loss and fat loss and that article was refering to weight loss, in which america is blinded by thinking that " hey i can eat all the atkins donughts and hamburgers i want just as long as its low carb!" then they stand on the scale and see a big weight loss diffrence but they still have that ungodly high 30 something %bf and start thinking "hey i must be losing fat" when in fact i could be mucle mass, water, etc. thats why i say measure your macros not the cals.

NEWBIE101

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by flava
theres a big diffrence between weight loss and fat loss and that article was refering to weight loss, in which america is blinded by thinking that " hey i can eat all the atkins donughts and hamburgers i want just as long as its low carb!" then they stand on the scale and see a big weight loss diffrence but they still have that ungodly high 30 something %bf and start thinking "hey i must be losing fat" when in fact i could be mucle mass, water, etc. thats why i say measure your macros not the cals.
You should measure both.