Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Wasting Whey?

Reaction score
When I mix my protein shakes, a good portion of it doesn't mix and it clumps together. It just sticks to the cup and ends going down the drain when I wash the cup. It doesn't matter how much I stir and shake or blend, it won't dissolve completely. Does this happen with anybody's shakes?

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Whey protein usually dissolves if you let it be for an hour or so. I've never experienced clumpings with my whey unless I take huge amounts and try to mix at once.

Solution might be to wait before you drink it, mix with small amounts at a time or use a shaker.

search1ng

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My girlfriend got me a blenderbottle as a random present. It's very, very good at what it's supposed to do (mix stuff).

Also, you can reduce clumping by adding more liquid.

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
PuertoRicanGuitars said:
When I mix my protein shakes, a good portion of it doesn't mix and it clumps together. It just sticks to the cup and ends going down the drain when I wash the cup. It doesn't matter how much I stir and shake or blend, it won't dissolve completely. Does this happen with anybody's shakes?
Heat is a problem. Use colder water and slowly add in the water, like you're making dough for cake. If you just dump all the flour and water together it forms big clumps which are a pain to remove.

Shaker bottles also work for mixing whey, personally I dislike them since they make the mixture all frothy. If you have access to a blender that would be very useful. Also good for mixing in and pulverizing other ingredients like fruit and such.

Last edited:

PDubb75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I used to have this problem when I put the whey into my bottle before the water. This issue resolved itself almost completely when I filled the cup with water first, and then added the powder.

Also, this happened a lot more when I was buying some crappier quality whey. Now that I am getting some higher-end stuff and spending a bit more on it, my shakes are much smoother.

theblackcat's link is a great product, also.