Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Was She Just Broken or Did She Have BPD? (Breakup Story)

Chi Town

Banned
Reaction score
Histrionic personality. shallow emotions that burn hot in the moment, push/pull, only wants you when you're distant, thinks/acts like relationships are more serious than they actually are, highly suggestible, ABSOLUTELY LOVE THE AMBIGUITY OF NON-EXCLUSIVITY BECAUSE THEY CAN GET ATTENTION FROM MANY MEN
Your cool and all, your one of the more likable ones on the site, but to be fair, every issue a girl has is not related to a mental illness, you do realize that just because someone has some symptoms does not qualify them to have the disorder right?

Every crazy girl or issue someone has is not automatically related to a mental illness.

None of us are are qualified to diagnose some random stranger with a mental illness that we never even personally meet, do you see how ridiculous that is?

Chi Town

Banned
Reaction score
Funny how OP said "yeah that's it" lol. You know better. It's really not that difficult, get experience with your eyes open and you'll have predictive ability.
Yeah, because you went to school for
Psychopathology huh? Sure thing kid.....

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The funny thing about BPD is that the real professionals actually suck at diagnosing it. My former wife grew up with a bpd sister, always trying to counsel her, and that led her to eventually get a master's in psychology and counseling. In the course of that degree, there was no mention of bpd. Therapists actually hate bpd clients as being their worst. It is virtually impossible to get them to admit they have a problem. Rarely do they seek therapy at all. Plus, they are always antagonistic and disagreeable toward mental health professionals.

I aree that OP's girl is not bpd. Her having a job is the first disqualifier. Going to therapy is another. Plus there is no mention of substance abuse.

Having experience with a bpd is like having had a rare illness. If you go to a doctor, they won't know anything, because it is so rare. But talk to someone who has had that same experience, and you can learn a lot more than what the doctor tells you.

oldmanofthesea

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Therapists actually hate bpd clients as being their worst. It is virtually impossible to get them to admit they have a problem. Rarely do they seek therapy at all. Plus, they are always antagonistic and disagreeable toward mental health professionals.
I agree with this as it echoes what I have read and been told by a couple therapists. However, some therapists feel that BPD is a spectrum, like many other disorders. You can be high functioning or low functioning, depending on severity. I don't know how official that is but it makes sense to me.