Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Was I in the wrong here? In regards to paying for a first date?

SeymourCake

Banned
Reaction score
Yes. Welcome to the 21st century old dude. Oh wait, you were the old fella who said don't have sex unless you plan to have a child. Get with the program grandpa.
No thanks. Enjoy the hell you created and support.

Nice ageist ad hominid attack, grandson.

Last edited:

redskinsfan92

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have a successful background in dating and have pretty high SMV, but this humbled the fvck out of me. Felt like a total chump. Am I overreacting here?

I meet this girl off of Bumble at her hotel and we go to a restaurant across the street. We get there and go sit at the bar and we both grab a drink. Throughout the date she orders another drink, then orders a ****tail, meanwhile I'm still on my first drink. I don't really pay it that much heed because I figured like most dates she'd pay for her half and I would pay for mine, especially if she's going off the unspoken rule and not ordering equivalent drinks/food to the other party. The conversation is OK, we seem to get along alright, but she's a good 1-2 points lower than her Bumble profile pictures (more like a HB6-7) but was still on the fence about smashing anyway, I had nothing else to do that night.

Bill ends up $55, which is not a big deal, but what really floored me was when the waitress came to ask if it was one check or two, she said "together". I honestly was shocked at the entitlement, and hadn't really encountered it too much before like that on the first date - I usually date white women so I wasn't sure if this was a cultural thing (she was latina) or what. I just I went from hot to cold incredibly fast at that kind of entitled attitude. I drove her back to her hotel, she ended up going for a kiss and I basically hug-blocked her, she ended up kissing my ear or some sh!t lmao. She asked what I was doing the rest of the night and I told her I was going out to party with friends, she told me to visit her in NYC if I can next month, and we parted ways.

Am I overreacting here? I've been on a ton of dates and typically most girls will either order somewhat equivalent drinks to what I order if I'm paying or offer to go dutch. How do you guys shut this kind of behavior down? I feel like I should have been more firm with it but in this overly feminized society it seems like its almost a cardinal sin to object when a woman tells the bartender that the checks will be together.
When she said "together" I would have started thanking her in advance for paying the bill.

Dr.Suave

Reaction score
I would´ve smash her and then maybe ghost.

SeymourCake

Banned
Reaction score
Will do. Now you go and get that geritol refilled. You senior citizens need your iron sups.
Nice ad hominem rebuttals. I'm sure your elementary school class mates had a good laugh.

SeymourCake

Banned
Reaction score
Holy cow can you retards stop sh!tting up my thread please
It's the boy who grew up having adult men never respecting him sh!tting up your thread. I'll stop giving him the attention he never got.

SgtSplacker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I do not believe money was the issue, it was the sense of entitlement that I get from the OP. Which, in a way, he's correct. However, the way he handled it wasn't very good.
Admittedly the entitlement is a major turnoff, but being DTF may make up for her attitude lol.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Admittedly the entitlement is a major turnoff, but being DTF may make up for her attitude lol.
If she was attractive, DTF, then there's no reason why not get her pus, mouth and possibly ass to pay the OP back for the meal. I used to always carry three condoms with me. I learned a long time ago they'd come in handy when you least expect it. Just don't carry them close to your body. I kept them in a secret pocket in my dating jacket or in my car (not in the summer though).

Reaction score
I'd pay the $55 because of course you were gonna pay it anyway, and as a hot girl she knew you would pay. But the entitlement principle warrants a complete shut down. Delete her number....

But that night would I have hit it and quit it? Sure.

espanish

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
so you didn't have a one night stand with her because you didn't like her personality? Am I getting this right?

lamath

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would have corrected her with the same entitlement with a semi serious tone
- Hey that mine to decide.... with a smirk, then go for smash and dash.

Glassguy

Reaction score
I would have taken her up on what she was covertly offering and had a great time collecting my $55 from her @ss........literally.

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
I always pay. Usually I'm out of about 40 to 60 bucks too.

SgtSplacker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not to quick to "be real" with a girl I just met. If she doesn't know how to act i'll play it off for a night or two and wait to see what happens. If nothing then I move on. Theirs no value or advantage to standing your ground to a woman you will never see again. They are all entitled and all generally misbehave.