"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

Was I in the wrong here? In regards to paying for a first date?

“The 22 Psychological Triggers That Make Women Chase You… Starting Tonight”

Forget the cash, the cars, and the chiseled jawlines. Female desire operates on a completely different frequency. Primal. Subconscious. Triggers that bypass her logic and hit her on a gut level. Most guys are totally blind to them.

I know because I was one of them. The overthinking. The paralysis. The silent drive home kicking yourself for freezing up. Watching average guys walk away with the girl while you stood there stuck in your own head.

Then I decoded the psychology behind what actually makes women tick. 22 hard rules.  Subtle behavioral shifts that rewired my entire reality. The anxiety evaporated. Women started leaning in. Investing. Chasing.

Read more...

SeymourCake

Banned
Joined
Apr 9, 2010
Messages
1,523
Reaction score
363
Yes. Welcome to the 21st century old dude. Oh wait, you were the old fella who said don't have sex unless you plan to have a child. Get with the program grandpa.
No thanks. Enjoy the hell you created and support.

Nice ageist ad hominid attack, grandson.
 
Last edited:

redskinsfan92

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 18, 2018
Messages
1,827
Reaction score
1,459
Age
34
I have a successful background in dating and have pretty high SMV, but this humbled the fvck out of me. Felt like a total chump. Am I overreacting here?

I meet this girl off of Bumble at her hotel and we go to a restaurant across the street. We get there and go sit at the bar and we both grab a drink. Throughout the date she orders another drink, then orders a ****tail, meanwhile I'm still on my first drink. I don't really pay it that much heed because I figured like most dates she'd pay for her half and I would pay for mine, especially if she's going off the unspoken rule and not ordering equivalent drinks/food to the other party. The conversation is OK, we seem to get along alright, but she's a good 1-2 points lower than her Bumble profile pictures (more like a HB6-7) but was still on the fence about smashing anyway, I had nothing else to do that night.

Bill ends up $55, which is not a big deal, but what really floored me was when the waitress came to ask if it was one check or two, she said "together". I honestly was shocked at the entitlement, and hadn't really encountered it too much before like that on the first date - I usually date white women so I wasn't sure if this was a cultural thing (she was latina) or what. I just I went from hot to cold incredibly fast at that kind of entitled attitude. I drove her back to her hotel, she ended up going for a kiss and I basically hug-blocked her, she ended up kissing my ear or some sh!t lmao. She asked what I was doing the rest of the night and I told her I was going out to party with friends, she told me to visit her in NYC if I can next month, and we parted ways.

Am I overreacting here? I've been on a ton of dates and typically most girls will either order somewhat equivalent drinks to what I order if I'm paying or offer to go dutch. How do you guys shut this kind of behavior down? I feel like I should have been more firm with it but in this overly feminized society it seems like its almost a cardinal sin to object when a woman tells the bartender that the checks will be together.
When she said "together" I would have started thanking her in advance for paying the bill.
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

SeymourCake

Banned
Joined
Apr 9, 2010
Messages
1,523
Reaction score
363
Will do. Now you go and get that geritol refilled. You senior citizens need your iron sups.
Nice ad hominem rebuttals. I'm sure your elementary school class mates had a good laugh.
 

SeymourCake

Banned
Joined
Apr 9, 2010
Messages
1,523
Reaction score
363
Holy cow can you retards stop sh!tting up my thread please
It's the boy who grew up having adult men never respecting him sh!tting up your thread. I'll stop giving him the attention he never got.
 

SgtSplacker

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 18, 2011
Messages
2,039
Reaction score
504
I do not believe money was the issue, it was the sense of entitlement that I get from the OP. Which, in a way, he's correct. However, the way he handled it wasn't very good.
Admittedly the entitlement is a major turnoff, but being DTF may make up for her attitude lol.
 

“The 22 Rules That Flip the Script With Women… And How You Can Use Them Tonight”

Most guys accidentally kill attraction before they even speak. They assume they need a bigger bank account, a better physique, or smoother lines. They miss the point.

Female desire operates on a specific set of psychological triggers.  Break them, and you're invisible. Follow them, and you become magnetic.

I learned this the hard way. Years of freezing up. Getting friend-zoned. Watching other guys walk away with the girl I wanted. Then I discovered a set of 22 simple rules that rewired my entire approach.

Read more...

RickTheToad

Moderator
Joined
Apr 21, 2018
Messages
6,603
Reaction score
5,138
Location
Bridgeport, CT
Admittedly the entitlement is a major turnoff, but being DTF may make up for her attitude lol.
If she was attractive, DTF, then there's no reason why not get her pus, mouth and possibly ass to pay the OP back for the meal. I used to always carry three condoms with me. I learned a long time ago they'd come in handy when you least expect it. Just don't carry them close to your body. I kept them in a secret pocket in my dating jacket or in my car (not in the summer though).
 
Joined
Jul 1, 2019
Messages
129
Reaction score
113
Age
46
I'd pay the $55 because of course you were gonna pay it anyway, and as a hot girl she knew you would pay. But the entitlement principle warrants a complete shut down. Delete her number....

But that night would I have hit it and quit it? Sure.
 

espanish

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Aug 12, 2019
Messages
407
Reaction score
303
Age
43
so you didn't have a one night stand with her because you didn't like her personality? Am I getting this right?
 

lamath

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 29, 2018
Messages
2,714
Reaction score
2,659
Age
45
Location
Canada
I would have corrected her with the same entitlement with a semi serious tone
- Hey that mine to decide.... with a smirk, then go for smash and dash.
 

Glassguy

Moderator
Joined
Apr 25, 2016
Messages
4,789
Reaction score
8,861
Age
49
I would have taken her up on what she was covertly offering and had a great time collecting my $55 from her @ss........literally.
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

biggoal

Banned
Joined
Jul 19, 2019
Messages
3,638
Reaction score
780
Age
42
I always pay. Usually I'm out of about 40 to 60 bucks too.
 

SgtSplacker

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 18, 2011
Messages
2,039
Reaction score
504
I'm not to quick to "be real" with a girl I just met. If she doesn't know how to act i'll play it off for a night or two and wait to see what happens. If nothing then I move on. Theirs no value or advantage to standing your ground to a woman you will never see again. They are all entitled and all generally misbehave.
 
Top