Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Was I friend zoned?

tiziki

Banned
Reaction score
So I need a guy's perspective...

I've been crushing on this guy and I thought he felt the same way. We were all out with a group of friends earlier tonight and he's sitting next to me. A couple gets in the middle of the floor and starts dancing so we both are recording it. As I'm sitting next to him he posts the video of the couple dancing on his social media (which is public by the way) with the caption, "I wish I had someone I could dance with".

Did he just friend zone me?

He used to like some of my pictures, but now he doesn't like any of mine even though I like all of his. He hasn't like any of my pictures. However, right after he stopped liking my pictures his best friend started like every picture that I've posted in the last few months. Am I being friend zoned?

vanballmoos

Banned
Reaction score
I'm calling friend zone. It seems like he's making way for his best friend.

Plus, I would think if he was trying to flirt with you with his caption in a subtle way he would be flirting by liking your pictures, which is equally subtle. If he had just said it out loud it would be flirting with you. Posting it for all of his followers to see=I'm really single/want attention.

GrowingPains

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just flirt/make a move and see how he responds. And don't do it online, do it in person. No need to play guessing games, that's a waste of time.

redskinsfan92

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You a lady?
What's his body language? Aimed towards you? Aimed away? Doesn't sound too good, but a lot of guys are scared to make a move. Flirt and see how that goes.

vanballmoos

Banned
Reaction score
Just flirt/make a move and see how he responds. And don't do it online, do it in person. No need to play guessing games, that's a waste of time.
you don't think it's a little weird that he no longer likes her pictures, and hasn't in months, but his best friend is liking her pictures?

redskinsfan92

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you don't think it's a little weird that he no longer likes her pictures, and hasn't in months, but his best friend is liking her pictures?
That means he probably showed or told his friend about her. Could be letting his friend go after her.

tiziki

Banned
Reaction score
You a lady?
What's his body language? Aimed towards you? Aimed away? Doesn't sound too good, but a lot of guys are scared to make a move. Flirt and see how that goes.
I am. I don't think he's afraid to make a move. Since we're all in the same friend group I know a far removed friend of ours that he used to date. He kissed her the first time they ever met.

redskinsfan92

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am. I don't think he's afraid to make a move. Since we're all in the same friend group I know a far removed friend of ours that he used to date. He kissed her the first time they ever met.
Oh, ok. Doesn't too good then.

redskinsfan92

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why do you say that?
He was sitting next to you, but was on his phone posting about wishing he had someone to dance with instead of dancing with you. That is pretty clear sign. Either he was shy or not interested. You said he kissed a girl in his past the first time he met, so he is not shy. So, he is not interested.

GrowingPains

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Like I said, no need to guess. Just go get your answer in real life.

Our speculation will only give you a hint as to what he's thinking. Only he really knows what he's thinking. Find out from him.

It doesn't really matter if he made way for his friend. You want what you want so go for it. Or his friend lol.

chris2for

Banned
Reaction score
He was sitting next to you, but was on his phone posting about wishing he had someone to dance with instead of dancing with you. That is pretty clear sign. Either he was shy or not interested. You said he kissed a girl in his past the first time he met, so he is not shy. So, he is not interested.
This.
Plus, if I'm with a girl and enjoying her company I'm not posting on social media while she's sitting right next to me...

GrowingPains

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I couldn't care less. This reading of social media behavior is childish. If you had asked this question, I would've said: Take what you want, be a man.

My advice to her is the same. Either she find some resolve by taking action or next him. Easy.

flowtheory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Right, but he could've been hinting with his caption, "I wish I had someone to dance with" right?
That’s wishful thinking.

When a guy is interested he will make it pretty obvious by flirting with you, showing interest, good body language. He surely isn’t going to be on his social media if a woman who he has interest in is sitting right next to him.

But hey, you could go out on a limb and make it overtly clear you have interest in him. Maybe he thinks you’re just friends if you’ve known each other for awhile and during the early days he was with someone else.

redskinsfan92

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This.
Plus, if I'm with a girl and enjoying her company I'm not posting on social media while she's sitting right next to me...
Exactly. I was talking to a girl at a party a few weeks ago. My phone was buried in my pocket untouched. Forgot I had a phone. Was too busy flirting.

chris2for

Banned
Reaction score
That’s wishful thinking.

When a guy is interested he will make it pretty obvious by flirting with you, showing interest, good body language. He surely isn’t going to be on his social media if a woman who he has interest in is sitting right next to him.

But hey, you could go out on a limb and make it overtly clear you have interest in him. Maybe he thinks you’re just friends if you’ve known each other for awhile and during the early days he was with someone else.
And making it known to his followers he wants someone to dance with. He might as well have had posted "hey I'm 100% single and not interested in anyone".