Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Wall Street Journal: Spending Less on Early Stage Dates is now "Trendy"

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not disingenous at all, I simply don't understand what's wrong with 1 coffee, stroll around the mall, local park etc. Why should I pay money just to speak to a woman? I'm only interested if she is meeting me for me not because she's bored at home and she wants to get drinks for free.
Those dates are fine.. just a bit less conducive for early seduction. I’ve done coffee and walks before. Prefer spending the money on the drinks for the ambiance.

CoandaEffect

Don Juan
Reaction score
A lot of men have checked out of the dating pool all together and those that remain are wising up and not spending much money on early dates. These two factors explain why the traditional dinner date is dying out.

My first date is drinks. I buy the first round and (if I like her) ask if she would like another. I would say that about 50% of women will then offer to buy the second round. If they offer, I let them.

My second date is a hike. That really sorts them out. Only the ones that have an interest accept that date. In my experience most of them do because I reject well over half of them.

derby1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not disingenous at all, I simply don't understand what's wrong with 1 coffee, stroll around the mall, local park etc. Why should I pay money just to speak to a woman? I'm only interested if she is meeting me for me not because she's bored at home and she wants to get drinks for free.
exactly, the woman in my block of flats I dont think Ive ever seen her with supermarket bags. she just finesses men all the time.

and theres about 2 guys who come and presumably DP her who dont take her on any dates at all. they both just arrive at her flat, and you hear her squealing from the D

I cant take them serious ever again, cause I know what theyre up to :rofl:

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Here's Rachel:

Her standards are too high.
She's not too bad looking. Her LinkedIn main profile picture is more attractive than that. Based on the two pictures, she's borderline average/cute. She is 24 though, which helps her SMV. We don't know how she presents herself in public, nor can we actually tell her weight/BMI from the pictures.

She would have a long list of right swipes in her Tinder/Hinge/Bumble and field some amount of in-person approaches. She certainly has abundance.

Additionally, she's bisexual so she might actually approach some other women in lesbian bars.

She's not ring worthy. If she weren't a pain in the butt to deal with in-person, she might be a relationship candidate. A guy might be able to get some 3somes out of her. She's not worth a long term committment for sure, but 1-2 years with a few threesomes could work if she's normal weight and is pleasant in-person.

I think there's a good chance she's unpleasant in-person. I can imagine her having a big time princess syndrome and having an ego. She has a bachelor's degree from an elite private university.

pipeman84

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Based on the two pictures, she's borderline average/cute. She is 24 though, which helps her SMV.
I would've said she's 30 or over. Man, she has the face of a real ballbuster....going on dates with this one hoping to get some pvssy sounds like torture. :eek:
I think there's a good chance she's unpleasant in-person.
100% ^^

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would've said she's 30 or over. Man, she has the face of a real ballbuster....going on dates with this one hoping to get some pvssy sounds like torture. :eek:
Most of us have been on dates with a similar woman to Rachel Horowitz. Our versions might not be bisexual like her, but equally unpleasant in other ways.

Getting pusssy is the major motivating factor for why most men go on dates.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I had many dates in the last few weeks, blasted a lot of money despite they were all drink dates and most of them lead to nothing beside some heavy make out session right there.

I dont do dinner dates not cause of money (which I thankfully have now) but because its boring, there are social and physical obstacles to proximity, it takes a lot of time and women tend to ask too many questions in such enviroment.
It also send them the wrong message that I'm doing it looking for a serious relationship.

I believe the issue for many guys it's not just money but the rate of return for such amount of currency in both physical and psychological terms...women know that you wanna bang them so when they accept your time and money, they should do it cause they want to reciprocate.
Women wouldnt have so many problems to get men to invest on them if they would accept such investment only from men they like and instead paid their share at the end of the date if for some reasons decided not to see the man anymore.

The 1 date-no sex, no second date pattern is alienating most men from dating.

Many girls told me that guys now invite them for just coffee or even just for walks.

I have no problem to spend on drinks but I keep the right to interrupt the meeting at any point if I sense a lack of interest from her or if she bores me to tears.

I recently sat at a table with a woman but she pissed me off so much with her attitude that I decided to leave even before the waiter came to get our orders, didnt give her any explanation either.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I had many dates in the last few weeks, blasted a lot of money despite they were all drink dates and most of them lead to nothing beside some heavy make out session right there.
That is horseshiit.

I dont do dinner dates not cause of money (which I thankfully have now) but because its boring, there are social and physical obstacles to proximity, it takes a lot of time and women tend to ask too many questions in such enviroment.
It also send them the wrong message that I'm doing it looking for a serious relationship.
I like your style. I do seek longer term relationships but I won't do a dinner date for someone I met via a random stranger approach. When I was on swipe apps, I wasn't doing dinner dates either.

The 1 date-no sex, no second date pattern is alienating most men from dating.
That pattern has alienated men. It was a large part of the reason I stopped using swipe apps and focused on more real life arranging of dates to greater success. Even stranger approaches can lead to one date, no sex, no second date as well. I'm not immune from the toxic pattern but it does reduce my exposure.

I have no problem to spend on drinks but I keep the right to interrupt the meeting at any point if I sense a lack of interest from her or if she bores me to tears.

I recently sat at a table with a woman but she pissed me off so much with her attitude that I decided to leave even before the waiter came to get our orders, didnt give her any explanation either.
Very good!

f(x)

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I’ll buy her a drink if she arrives before me or on time. If she is late I’ll order a vodka tonic for myself and slowly sip on it until she arrives.

When she arrives late, I’ll introduce myself and be charming/interesting/nonchalant/etc. I don’t ask her what she wants, I let her realize I’m not offering or paying and she’ll usually order and pay for her own drink.

If things go well after that, then I’ll buy one for her. I have gotten laid by the second date using this standard.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
She's not too bad looking. Her LinkedIn main profile picture is more attractive than that. Based on the two pictures, she's borderline average/cute. She is 24 though, which helps her SMV. We don't know how she presents herself in public, nor can we actually tell her weight/BMI from the pictures.

She would have a long list of right swipes in her Tinder/Hinge/Bumble and field some amount of in-person approaches. She certainly has abundance.

Additionally, she's bisexual so she might actually approach some other women in lesbian bars.

She's not ring worthy. If she weren't a pain in the butt to deal with in-person, she might be a relationship candidate. A guy might be able to get some 3somes out of her. She's not worth a long term committment for sure, but 1-2 years with a few threesomes could work if she's normal weight and is pleasant in-person.

I think there's a good chance she's unpleasant in-person. I can imagine her having a big time princess syndrome and having an ego. She has a bachelor's degree from an elite private university.
She looks dirty with the trillion c0ck stare....

logicallefty

Reaction score
Inflation my azz. It’s because guys are getting red pilled. I would bet a limb on it.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
She looks dirty with the trillion c0ck stare....
Maybe she'd be a good third if you already had a girlfriend and wanted to do 3somes.

Inflation my azz. It’s because guys are getting red pilled. I would bet a limb on it.
I hope you're right. One of my former female friends (a woman I was not physically attracted to) was on Tinder/Hinge as a 35 year old, childless woman who was a "5" at best. She was getting tons of dinner date offers. I didn't think anyone did dinner dates anymore since I stopped doing them about a decade ago on pre-sex dates. I thought I was late to the party in terms of "no dinners in restaurants prior to sex".

I don't perceive any great increase in men getting more red pilled or even black pilled. The growth of OnlyFans and other forms of simping shows me that blue pill, beta male stuff is still real.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score

Wall Street Journal is claiming inflation is reducing the amounts some men want to spend on early stage dates. This claim is not valid. There are far more pressing issues to most daters than inflation.

"The average date night costs $98 in the U.S., according to dating app Zoosk."

That's probably a statistic taking into consideration more established couples.

WSJ did get quotes from too many big city, white collar worker types. Of course, that's who tends to read WSJ content.

We also learned from this article that you won't get a 2nd date from Rachel Horowitz if you send her a text with bad grammar asking her for money via Venmo after your first date with her. See quote below....

"Rachel Horowitz, who dates men and women, usually splits the bill or picks up the tab when she’s on a date with another woman. But when she’s meeting up with a man for the first time, she believes it’s polite for him to offer to pay. “I’m a modern woman, I’m a feminist, but I believe at least the first date,” the 24-year-old Chicago entertainment marketer says.

More of her dates have been asking to split in recent months, she says. And a few months ago, she experienced a first when she woke up to a text requesting her half of the bill from a man who had made a big show of waving her credit card away the night before.

The text read, “Hey bb what’s your Venmo I need that dollar bad,” ending with a worried-looking emoji.

That was when she realized that economic concerns had changed modern dating customs. She says she was put off by the message, but thought to herself, “I guess if you really need that dollar that bad, I’ll give it to you.” She paid him about $40 via Venmo. There was no second date."

I find that the dating tactic that will reduce costs the most is only arranging dates through in-person initially meetings. Most men will go on fewer dates if only arranging dates through in-person stuff comparing to using swipe apps or social media DMs. Also, more of those in-person arranged dates will lead to 2nd dates. No dinner dates in restaurants also reduces costs, but drinks in bars can get up to about 50-75% of the cost of a meal date, if each person has 2 alcoholic drinks while together. Drinks dates are not a great cost savings but they are better than dinner simply because of environmental factors. They are better for escalation and seduction.
Pathetic to request money after the fact.