Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Wall Street Journal: Spending Less on Early Stage Dates is now "Trendy"

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Wall Street Journal is claiming inflation is reducing the amounts some men want to spend on early stage dates. This claim is not valid. There are far more pressing issues to most daters than inflation.

"The average date night costs $98 in the U.S., according to dating app Zoosk."

That's probably a statistic taking into consideration more established couples.

WSJ did get quotes from too many big city, white collar worker types. Of course, that's who tends to read WSJ content.

We also learned from this article that you won't get a 2nd date from Rachel Horowitz if you send her a text with bad grammar asking her for money via Venmo after your first date with her. See quote below....

"Rachel Horowitz, who dates men and women, usually splits the bill or picks up the tab when she’s on a date with another woman. But when she’s meeting up with a man for the first time, she believes it’s polite for him to offer to pay. “I’m a modern woman, I’m a feminist, but I believe at least the first date,” the 24-year-old Chicago entertainment marketer says.

More of her dates have been asking to split in recent months, she says. And a few months ago, she experienced a first when she woke up to a text requesting her half of the bill from a man who had made a big show of waving her credit card away the night before.

The text read, “Hey bb what’s your Venmo I need that dollar bad,” ending with a worried-looking emoji.

That was when she realized that economic concerns had changed modern dating customs. She says she was put off by the message, but thought to herself, “I guess if you really need that dollar that bad, I’ll give it to you.” She paid him about $40 via Venmo. There was no second date."

I find that the dating tactic that will reduce costs the most is only arranging dates through in-person initially meetings. Most men will go on fewer dates if only arranging dates through in-person stuff comparing to using swipe apps or social media DMs. Also, more of those in-person arranged dates will lead to 2nd dates. No dinner dates in restaurants also reduces costs, but drinks in bars can get up to about 50-75% of the cost of a meal date, if each person has 2 alcoholic drinks while together. Drinks dates are not a great cost savings but they are better than dinner simply because of environmental factors. They are better for escalation and seduction.

pipeman84

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The article is under paywall...I wonder if really it's inflation or is it that more people become red pill aware. Jesus Christ, to pay anything more than the price of a coffee (in the cold season) or a bottle of water the rest of the year for the first couple of dates sounds ridiculous to me.
We keep saying don't put women on a pedestal yet men fork out money for 1st, 2nd dates as if they were fans gladly paying the ticket price to meet their idol at a concert.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I got access to the full article and I'm not a paying person. With a lot of the mainstream publications, sometimes you'll get articles to display and sometimes not.

Another financial media outlet, MarketWatch, did an article about the death of the dinner date in February 2018. That article was published not coincidentally on Valentine's Day.

The mainstream publications tend to write for blue pill normies working white collar office jobs.

If there is a trend, it is likely the result of both inflationary pressures and increased awareness of the red pill. Even without the red pill, I think more and more men are seeing that they aren't getting laid on expensive early stage dates and cutting back.

AureliusMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"Rachel Horowitz, who dates men and women, usually splits the bill or picks up the tab when she’s on a date with another woman. But when she’s meeting up with a man for the first time, she believes it’s polite for him to offer to pay. “I’m a modern woman, I’m a feminist, but I believe at least the first date,” the 24-year-old Chicago entertainment marketer says.
Lol women and their double standards. :rofl:

She is only a feminist that wants equality when it suits and favors her: and she is not a traditional woman herself, but she expects and want a traditional man.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
We keep saying don't put women on a pedestal yet men fork out money for 1st, 2nd dates as if they were fans gladly paying the ticket price to meet their idol at a concert.
Provisioning is ultimately the man’s role in a woman’s life. The dating social contract is man provides the venue, girl (after a date or two) provides the sex. It’s a fair exchange, provide both parties don’t go to the extreme.

I advocate first date is a round of drinks. That’s no more than $40 total. If a man can’t afford that, how the fvck will he be able to deal with a woman?

derby1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I mentioned this in my recent post,

a round of drinks at a village pub in the UK is 12 pounds,

four out of five recent dates told me how independent they were, and the most they got were one round of drinks to my 4 rounds, 2 never offered anything.

so five first dates has cost me 300 pounds and I didnt get laid once. all I did was listen to a load of victim nonsense, plus all the BS arranging it all

total waste of money and a mans time, I could have bought myself a brand new laptop with the money

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
four out of five recent dates told me how independent they were, and the most they got were one round of drinks to my 4 rounds, 2 never offered anything.
Don’t expect women to contribute anything up front. That is just as delusional as women are with men. Frankly, if a woman pays in the first date or two she doesn’t like you.

pipeman84

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Provisioning is ultimately the man’s role in a woman’s life. The dating social contract is man provides the venue, girl (after a date or two) provides the sex. It’s a fair exchange, provide both parties don’t go to the extreme.

I advocate first date is a round of drinks. That’s no more than $40 total. If a man can’t afford that, how the fvck will he be able to deal with a woman?
1. Yeah man, when you're in a relationship. Not when you first meet some chick and you're in the assessing phase.
2. I guess the men and women who waste money, time and ghost each other after 1-2 dates got a different version of the social contract. :p
3. It's not an issue about affording, it's about the frame the man wants to establish...he's either a man, or a fan.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
3. It's not an issue about affording, it's about the frame the man wants to establish...he's either a man, or a fan.
No, this is black and white fallacy. There is a difference between $40 round(s) in a public setting and a $300 dinner date. Those who lack discernment can’t understand this, thus resort to fvcking up their dating strategy entirely. If you want to be cheap, don’t date.

pipeman84

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No, this is black and white fallacy. There is a difference between $40 round(s) in a public setting and a $300 dinner date. Those who lack discernment can’t understand this, thus resort to fvcking up their dating strategy entirely. If you want to be cheap, don’t date.
You really believe that the hoe that puts out after 2nd date does so because you bought her drinks? She wouldn't have done so if you just drank a coffee together and strolled around the local park?
You really believe that the chemistry and deep connection with a great gal is built through those 40$ drinks? :rolleyes:

derby1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don’t expect women to contribute anything up front. That is just as delusional as women are with men. Frankly, if a woman pays in the first date or two she doesn’t like you.
shes not a virgin protected by her dad, they are career minded woman alpha widowed 4 times over. Its a no deal from me

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Back when the toad was dating, two drinks and a tapa was around 20 - 25 bucks. This was only 2018/2019. I do not see how it's jumped to nearly a hundred bucks; unless you were in a major city. I for one never dated in NYC. Females were hotter, and I had offers, but it wasn't worth the cost; but that's just me. One can still go to Chili's and spend the same amount of dough. If it's nice out, meet at the park and get two hot dogs and two waters; about the same.

I do not believe I did "dinner" until after the event date, which is the second date. Then, even with Groupon, you're now looking at around 100 bucks for the event plus some food. If I was dating now, it would prob. be coffee or meeting at a beer garden for indie brews and a pretzel. Second date and event or the park/zoo, third date at my place to fvck. No action, no 4th date. Even with pvssy, one needs to control costs.

Bokanovsky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A date or two, huh? What kind of a man are you?? Any real man would be willing to wait until marriage for sex. It's the "social contract" between men and women, haven't you heard?

derby1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude Derby you didn’t get laid once??? Not even a squirt in her face? Step up keno and innuendo bro, work on your body, learn to bite necks ‘n shrt like that. Have some fun bro
I do bro I never pursued them for the 2nd date as I didnt like them tbh, they just annoy me. this is why I went with MODE 1 in my previous post.

laid 3 times , havent had to arrange ****, and 2 of them totally adore me. they purchase me gifts and buy there round if we go for drinks.

its almost as if they respect me NOT taking them on a first date

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You really believe that the hoe that puts out after 2nd date does so because you bought her drinks? She wouldn't have done so if you just drank a coffee together and strolled around the local park?
You really believe that the chemistry and deep connection with a great gal is built through those 40$ drinks? :rolleyes:
Can’t tell if this is cluelessness or just being disingenuous. Drinks are simply an economical public venue with decent ambiance. If you don’t meet the girl in public for a first meeting, you’ve disqualified yourself from all but the lowest of the bottom feeder women.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
I do bro I never pursued them for the 2nd date as I didnt like them tbh, they just annoy me. this is why I went with MODE 1 in my previous post.

laid 3 times , havent had to arrange ****, and 2 of them totally adore me. they purchase me gifts and buy there round if we go for drinks.

its almost as if they respect me NOT taking them on a first date
You go Mode 1 nowadays, you'll end up with a harassment charge with any white, latin or asian female.

pipeman84

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Can’t tell if this is cluelessness or just being disingenuous. Drinks are simply an economical public venue with decent ambiance. If you don’t meet the girl in public for a first meeting, you’ve disqualified yourself from all but the lowest of the bottom feeder women.
Not disingenous at all, I simply don't understand what's wrong with 1 coffee, stroll around the mall, local park etc. Why should I pay money just to speak to a woman? I'm only interested if she is meeting me for me not because she's bored at home and she wants to get drinks for free.