Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Walking like a HE-MAN

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So my buddy tells me the other day that it looks like I'm walking around pretending I'm a he-man lately. He imitated the way I look in the mirror and I could see what he was talking about.

It seems my posture has appeared to change since I've put some bulk on my traps and it makes me look like I'm constantly posing for a bodybuilding competition or something. I guess that's a good thing...

Anyone else have a similar experience?

xyzzy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Its funny you post this because I noticed the same thing recently. Ive been concentrating on my lower body/glutes for a few weeks now and have noticed the gait of my walk is different.

I guess it makes sense, the muscles are more toned so they force you to walk with more posture, instead of them being flabby so that you are more apt to have a lazy posture.

Arnold even had to tone down his workout so he could weild a sword properly in the Conan movie.

Soshyopathe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My friends think I walk to look big, but it's honestly just my walk.

Then I turn around and see scrawny guys suck in air and stick their chest out like they have something.

So just do what's natural. If you try to be something you're not, people will pick up on it in an instant. Don't hold your arms out like you have big lats, don't stick your chest out, don't flex your traps. People notice and don't like it.

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Soshyopathe:
Don't hold your arms out like you have big lats, don't stick your chest out, don't flex your traps. People notice and don't like it.
Sheesh, I was getting worried about that too. My shoulders are wide and my lats ARE big and it is starting to feel weird cause my arms don't fall to my side. It's good cause right now I'm wearing a size 36 pants. The wide upper body helps hide the excess bodyfat, if you know what I mean.

I try to maintain good posture but since I started bulking back up it looks like I'm trying to put on a show everywhere I go.

Oh well, I guess it comes with the territory.

DIESEL

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
dude,

this has to got to be one of the "give myself props" thread ever on this board. I mean if you looked like Ronnie Coleman or Jay Cutler I would understand this thread.

But you don't even crack 200, and I'm willing to bet money all that new "mass" you put on with the Mag-10 is WATER. Reality check, dude. If you were only eating 2900 cals how did you put on the muscle? What, did it come out of thin air?

So here's the diagnosis. It's all in your head. Dennis James and Franco Columbu have/had big lats. I doubt any of you jokers do.

You are suffering from " Inflated Lat (ego) Syndrome".... get over it.

2N Turbo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah kind of have to agree with diesel on the 14lbs in 6 weeks. That have to be str8up b.s.

And if you did pull that off, I'd say 5-6 pounds could possibly be muscle.

[This message has been edited by 2N Turbo (edited 11-17-2002).]

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by DIESEL:
dude,

this has to got to be one of the "give myself props" thread ever on this board. I mean if you looked like Ronnie Coleman or Jay Cutler I would understand this thread.
Haha, this is funny cause

1. If I were looking to show off I certainly wouldn't be doing it over the internet.
2. If I were on here looking for a pat on the back wouldn't it be a little more constructive to cheer me on rather than criticise?

Don't worry. I'm a big boy, so no offense taken.

Fact: I HAVE put on muscle. I have no way to know how much cause I didn't measure. Your guess is as good as mine. People swear I've lost weight when I actually gained it.

Fact: The biggest change I (and others) have noticed is in my shoulders.

I have naturally wide shoulders, big arms, and big lats (when I say big I mean bigger than average) that give me a slightly agressive stance naturally. Now that the muscles are developing it accentuates my posture and makes it look like I'm trying to show off. That's all I'm saying.

DIESEL

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
when you start to get complacent, that's when you start to get soft.

D

trajhenkhet

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Since I started boxing and sword sparring I've noticed I'm a bit more balanced in my walking. It has something to do with the footwork training I'm sure. Its not too hard to see how other training can affect ones posture and walk. I heard a few days ago on the news, that police were going to start identifiying people by their walking so it is possible there is something to this. According to what I remember about it, the report said something to the affect that a study revealed that no two people walked exactly the same way.