"You Can't Argue a Woman Into Liking You"

You made your case like a lawyer. Stable job. Good guy. Ready for something real. All true. All irrelevant.

She weighed your points, nodded along, felt nothing — then fell hard for some tattooed bartender with a motorcycle and a gambling problem.

Logic is where attraction goes to die. The "22 Rules" work a level deeper, on the subconscious switches that decide within minutes whether you register as a MAN or as part of the furniture.

Stop presenting evidence. Start flipping switches.

Read more...

Very attractive but also not very "emotionally open"

Marek

Don Juan
Joined
Sep 11, 2018
Messages
23
Reaction score
19
Age
45
Location
Berlin
I matched on Tinder with a woman who struck me as career driven and somewhat cold. But also very attractive. We exchanged some basic niceties - where are you from, what are you up to - and she then agreed to my suggestion of meeting in person.

On the date I found confirmed what I expected: Very attractive, intelligent and educated. But also not very "emotionally open". During the hour and a half that we chatted, I found myself not being very much into her.

Now I'm asking myself: Is it really that? Am I not feeling much because the emotional connection is missing? Or am I intimidated because this woman is on a level I have not yet mastered?

As you guys know neither me nor her I don't expect an answer to that. But maybe you have ideas on what kind of questions I can ask myself to figure this out.

How do I find out if I'm really not attracted or if I'm calling sour grapes for whatever reason?

To give you a bit of a background: Plenty of dating experience and good conversion rate on the levels I'm used to.
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 16, 2015
Messages
5,415
Reaction score
7,940
Age
57
Advice from the old lady:

This type of woman (as a general rule) is going to be more selective because she has plenty of options. And you don't know her unique criteria. People who have options have the luxury of choosing someone who best fits their individual criteria.

She'll be evaluating you just as you are evaluating her. It is wise to be emotionally cautious as an attractive woman, btw. It weeds out the STR, ONS and pump & dump guys, and it allows the woman to see if the man has attributes she requires, and see willingness to show interest based on actions. That's how smart, confident,,attractive women date.

My best girlfriend placed the highest priority on intelligence. Over sex appeal, sense of humor, and looks. She ended up married to a man who is ridiculous in the high IQ department...he also is attractive & engaging...but his brains are his best asset. She swoons over his smarts. And she's no slouch in the brains department herself. Not to mention she's a gorgeous, wickedly funny red headed bombshell. She dated richer; she dated sexier. But she finds his mind sexiest of all.
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 6, 2015
Messages
5,145
Reaction score
3,302
Age
52
Location
Hoe County, California
Ice princess thinks you're probably just like all the other dumb orbiters. But, she'll give you a chance, in case you're not.

Don't give her any reason to believe you're a chump like all the rest, or she'll be gone.
 

Marek

Don Juan
Joined
Sep 11, 2018
Messages
23
Reaction score
19
Age
45
Location
Berlin
Thanks for the feedback!
 

meldiamond

Banned
Joined
Sep 1, 2018
Messages
256
Reaction score
92
Is she older? 30+? 35+? 40+? As women get older, they become more scarred, defensive, apprehensive, cynical, etc. if they've had multiple relationships that didn't work out.

Once a woman starts to creep up in age, whether it's around 25, 27, 28, 29, several anxieties begin to form.

1. she's had multiple relationships that didn't work out

2. she's anxious to get married

So these women can become more and more conflicted resulting in the ice princess you dealt with.

It could take her a while to open up. See if she is available again for another "date." But try to make it fun. Dinner dates are the worst. Wine, coffee, hike, anything that's active and upbeat, not a staredown over dinner.
 

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 4, 2012
Messages
7,175
Reaction score
5,571
Advice from the old lady:

This type of woman (as a general rule) is going to be more selective because she has plenty of options. And you don't know her unique criteria. People who have options have the luxury of choosing someone who best fits their individual criteria.

She'll be evaluating you just as you are evaluating her. It is wise to be emotionally cautious as an attractive woman, btw. It weeds out the STR, ONS and pump & dump guys, and it allows the woman to see if the man has attributes she requires, and see willingness to show interest based on actions. That's how smart, confident,,attractive women date.

My best girlfriend placed the highest priority on intelligence. Over sex appeal, sense of humor, and looks. She ended up married to a man who is ridiculous in the high IQ department...he also is attractive & engaging...but his brains are his best asset. She swoons over his smarts. And she's no slouch in the brains department herself. Not to mention she's a gorgeous, wickedly funny red headed bombshell. She dated richer; she dated sexier. But she finds his mind sexiest of all.
I've always done really well with women who value intelligence. Especially once I figured out how to express it in a non nerdy way.
 

nismo-4

Moderator
Joined
Jan 31, 2005
Messages
4,439
Reaction score
1,143
Location
From New Orleans, Louisiana to Atlanta, Georgia!!!
If she's emotionally unavailable, I think that's a sign to move on.

Interested women don't confuse you. She wouldn't act this way if Steph Curry was talking to her.

If you don't click, either ditch her or be an orbiter. For most women, it's better to be useless than be in a beta role.

Second place is first loser.

Case closed.
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 6, 2015
Messages
5,145
Reaction score
3,302
Age
52
Location
Hoe County, California
If she's emotionally unavailable, I think that's a sign to move on.

Interested women don't confuse you. She wouldn't act this way if Steph Curry was talking to her.

If you don't click, either ditch her or be an orbiter. For most women, it's better to be useless than be in a beta role.

Second place is first loser.

Case closed.
 

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 27, 2015
Messages
17,586
Reaction score
11,948
Location
DFW, TX
Is she older? 30+? 35+? 40+? As women get older, they become more scarred, defensive, apprehensive, cynical, etc. if they've had multiple relationships that didn't work out.

Once a woman starts to creep up in age, whether it's around 25, 27, 28, 29, several anxieties begin to form.

1. she's had multiple relationships that didn't work out

2. she's anxious to get married

So these women can become more and more conflicted resulting in the ice princess you dealt with.

It could take her a while to open up. See if she is available again for another "date." But try to make it fun. Dinner dates are the worst. Wine, coffee, hike, anything that's active and upbeat, not a staredown over dinner.
Active is the way. Miror neurons come into play and you connect. Find something that you exert yourself. We connect with those we "work with" .
 

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
6,524
Reaction score
11,450
I matched on Tinder with a woman who struck me as career driven and somewhat cold. But also very attractive. We exchanged some basic niceties - where are you from, what are you up to - and she then agreed to my suggestion of meeting in person.

On the date I found confirmed what I expected: Very attractive, intelligent and educated. But also not very "emotionally open". During the hour and a half that we chatted, I found myself not being very much into her.

Now I'm asking myself: Is it really that? Am I not feeling much because the emotional connection is missing? Or am I intimidated because this woman is on a level I have not yet mastered?

As you guys know neither me nor her I don't expect an answer to that. But maybe you have ideas on what kind of questions I can ask myself to figure this out.

How do I find out if I'm really not attracted or if I'm calling sour grapes for whatever reason?

To give you a bit of a background: Plenty of dating experience and good conversion rate on the levels I'm used to.
I would give her some time and see if she opens up a little. Most likely she will, but probably not to the extent that will satisfy you. I've dated a few of these types.....the great thing about them is they are less drama and more rational which makes them easy to deal with. They won't be needy and codependent. The bad thing is what you have pointed out. And I can relate to the feeling intimidated by them. haha, been there but it does pass with every date that goes by and they open up emotionally. Its take a very confident, and well adjusted man to last with these types. In the end they probably don't make the best long term partners....just not enough "Female" in them for most guys.
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 27, 2015
Messages
17,586
Reaction score
11,948
Location
DFW, TX
I would give her some time and see if she opens up a little. Most likely she will, but probably not to the extent that will satisfy you. I've dated a few of these types.....the great thing about them is they are less drama and more rational which makes them easy to deal with. They won't be needy and codependent. The bad thing is what you have pointed out. And I can relate to the feeling intimidated by them. haha, been there but it does pass with every date that goes by and they open up emotionally. Its take a very confident, and well adjusted man to last with these types. In the end they probably don't make the best long term partners....just not enough "Female" in them for most guys.
Agree its going to be too rigid. Lay back and let her choose you if she wants.
 
Top