Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Vegetarian

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Some people do not have much of a blood serum response to eating eggs or high cholesterol foods.
I also saw a study a while ago showing that dietary cholesterol does not have much of an impact on healthy individuals but when diabetics are involved we see this has a profound impact.

If eggs are raising your cholesterol levels then you should limit them.
I am aware of these studies. It doesn’t do people good to say dietary cholesterol and eggs don’t affect cholesterol levels when they most certainly do in some people. My cholesterol would be like 700 if I ate 6 eggs a day. I was eating no more than three per week and had to stop eating them. And I am no where near diabetic.

The latest research on heart disease has shown that Apo-B is causal in heart disease, and LDL cholesterol is a usually a surrogate marker for Apo-B (it is possible to have borderline high LDL and normal Apo-B, but more common is normal LDL and high Apo-B).

sangheilios

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am aware of these studies. It doesn’t do people good to say dietary cholesterol and eggs don’t affect cholesterol levels when they most certainly do in some people. My cholesterol would be like 700 if I ate 6 eggs a day. I was eating no more than three per week and had to stop eating them. And I am no where near diabetic.

The latest research on heart disease has shown that Apo-B is causal in heart disease, and LDL cholesterol is a usually a surrogate marker for Apo-B (it is possible to have borderline high LDL and normal Apo-B, but more common is normal LDL and high Apo-B).
That's what I'm saying, genetics are a reason why you can't eat a lot of dietary cholesterol without seeing your blood work in a bad place. I eat the equivalent of around 1 egg per day, it's not literally every single day but on one of the meals that I like to alternate for dinner I'll eat 3 of them. My cholesterol was at 138, so obviously this does not impact ME as an individual.

Have you ever looked up the Dean Ornish Food Pyramid? This may be something for you to check out and gives some pretty good nutritional guidelines for individuals that are at risk of heart disease. Basically, it encourages you to eat a lot of fruits and vegetables, whole grains, some nuts and seeds and things like fat free dairy products, egg whites, poultry and fish, including fatty fish that is high in omega 3s. You honestly can't go wrong with something like that and it would be super easy to follow. It's essentially a vegetarian diet with a little bit of meat in there but from sources that are going to be very low in saturated fat. Honestly, even a really lean cut of red meat, like a sirloin, is very low in saturated fat.

Also, high fiber diets are very helpful for lowering cholesterol, if you are eating a diet like the one above you shouldn't have a problem with that. Side note, are you aware that exercise could also help you with this? The best thing for you would be to combine a gym routine that builds muscle and including some steady state aerobic activity that you can enjoy. You'd drastically cut your risk of cancer, heart disease, stroke, high blood pressure, diabetes, etc. and if you were to eat like the example above you'd be in fantastic shape, no pun intended.

MtmVaott

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
@EyeBRollin @Kotaix
I thought I'd answer you in this thread to not derail the other one.
Do you have problems with beans in regards to digestion?
And has soy intake been a problem due to the phytoestrogens?

Kotaix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@EyeBRollin @Kotaix
I'm not vegetarian, not even close. I have to stay away from gluten which is a pain unto itself, but only in the US.

Beans cause farts, not much you can do about that.

MtmVaott

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not vegetarian, not even close. I have to stay away from gluten which is a pain unto itself, but only in the US.

Beans cause farts, not much you can do about that.
Me neither, I just want to add plant-based protein-rich foods to my meals and replace some of the meat, especially for lunch.
In Europe gluten intolerance is problematic as well, at least where I come from (the 'bread country' haha).

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@EyeBRollin @Kotaix
Hey man, sounds good.

No problems with beans at all just make sure you drink a lot of water. The farts are normal. However, even before switching I’ve been eating black beans for years so my body was used to it.

Soy intake- only a problem in that it makes me have even more foul smelling farts than other whole beans. The estrogen thing is an overblown myth. You have to consume a shvt ton of soy for that to even be a concern.

I like the pea protein products more than the soy products. They taste closer to real meat.

MtmVaott

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey man, sounds good.

No problems with beans at all just make sure you drink a lot of water. The farts are normal. However, even before switching I’ve been eating black beans for years so my body was used to it.

Soy intake- only a problem in that it makes me have even more foul smelling farts than other whole beans. The estrogen thing is an overblown myth. You have to consume a shvt ton of soy for that to even be a concern.

I like the pea protein products more than the soy products. They taste closer to real meat.
Ok haha yeah that farts became a bit too much when I ate beans daily. That was the reason why I didn't stick to eating them.

Interesting. I already know soy granule but refrained from eating it often. Did you find a way to make that stuff more eatable? I personally don't like the slouchy consistence.

And I never heared about pea proteins as solid food, but apparently they are available as granules where I live.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Interesting. I already know soy granule but refrained from eating it often. Did you find a way to make that stuff more eatable? I personally don't like the slouchy consistence.
I stick to vegan crumbles. There are a lot of brands here in the USA. I pick the ones that have the firmest meat-like texture.

From there, I just use it exactly like ground beef. I put it in pasta sauce, tacos, chili, chili carrot hot dogs, etc.

MtmVaott

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I stick to vegan crumbles. There are a lot of brands here in the USA. I pick the ones that have the firmest meat-like texture.

From there, I just use it exactly like ground beef. I put it in pasta sauce, tacos, chili, chili carrot hot dogs, etc.
That didn't work for me since I let the granule/crumbles get soaked with some water and then it was more like cooking them in the pan than actually frying. Are you processing them without water?

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My perspective on it is similar to my perspective on abortion. It’s a necessary evil. It’s something which cannot be avoided but it’s something which should be treated with sadness, sorrow and regret.
Choosing to murder a baby of your own free will… can’t be avoided? You really did drink the kool aid. The lamb I slaughter on April 5th for Passover will have you in mind, I’ll pray for your sins and delusion.

Reincarnated

Don Juan
Reaction score
This thread makes me realize that I take for granted that so many people live/were raised in urban or suburban areas.

Fresh venison, turkey, bear, etc...from a creature you've hunted is perhaps some of the best food I've ever had. I also hold the opinion that most hunters/farmers have a healthier and more appreciate relationship with animals then a lot of vegans who do it because "they oppose killing animals".

I've also watched the cows through the whole life cycle, literally from birth to slaughter/consumption. To me, that's poetry, that's powerful, and that's life.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That didn't work for me since I let the granule/crumbles get soaked with some water and then it was more like cooking them in the pan than actually frying. Are you processing them without water?
Keep experimenting. Some of the crumbles come with oil already in them. You can cook those in a skillet. For pasta and chili I just heat them right in the sauce.

Fruitbat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Choosing to murder a baby of your own free will… can’t be avoided? You really did drink the kool aid. The lamb I slaughter on April 5th for Passover will have you in mind, I’ll pray for your sins and delusion.
god will reward you in heaven for your lack of delusion. He’s everywhere, watching everything! Anyone who says otherwise is deluded!

ROLFLMAO

DirtyDummy

Reaction score
I think I'm the odd one out here. I've been vegetarian (I only consume cow's milk and buffalo's milk in dairy products) ever since I was born. I've never had any meat or egg or fish in my entire life. (English is not my mother tongue; please excuse any errors on my part)

Last edited:

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score

Your liver can produce 10x as much cholesterol on a daily basis than you could ever eat. Cholesterol is your body's internal band-aid that is used to patch up internal damage.

High cholesterol is a sign you have a lot of internal damage it is trying to repair.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Your liver can produce 10x as much cholesterol on a daily basis than you could ever eat. Cholesterol is your body's internal band-aid that is used to patch up internal damage.

High cholesterol is a sign you have a lot of internal damage it is trying to repair.
Don’t know about that. I got the results of my follow up bloodwork. 4 months of a pescatarian diet + 5 mg daily statin dropped my cholesterol from 250 to 160 (LDL from 180 to 95). Diet clearly has an effect on some people. Or it is just a genetic predisposition, which the doctor suggested I might have.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Don’t know about that. I got the results of my follow up bloodwork. 4 months of a pescatarian diet + 5 mg daily statin dropped my cholesterol from 250 to 160 (LDL from 180 to 95). Diet clearly has an effect on some people. Or it is just a genetic predisposition, which the doctor suggested I might have.
I wouldn't touch statins with any length pole