Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Valentines Day discussion thread (Merged threads)

2SLICK

Don Juan
Reaction score
Valentines Day?

There is this chick I work with that I have been Djing for the past few weeks. (Be gently, I'm a beginner) I am getting tons of positive feedback from her. Well, Valentines Day is coming up, and if I just let the day pass and not say or give anything to her, I think I will pretty much blow my chances.
Therefore, is it wise to give her something on Valentines Day? Ask for her number? She is a 10 easy, and I know for sure other guys like her, so I would feel like and a$$ if someone already gave her something that day. What to do?

SamePendo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What i will say is supposing youve read the DJ Bible, if not, well, read the DJ bible, if you have allready read the Bible, then, read it. If there is an alternate choice between having read the Bible, and NOT having read the Bible, the answer will be to read the Bible :D .
But, well, to actually help you out: It depends on the type of girl. Maybe she is the kind of girl who is (likes to get and recieve ¨cute¨presents) well, do give it to her. If she is a ¨normal¨ kind of girl, remember the challenge factor.
But i seriously think the answer is at the DJ Bible 2slick, no harm re-reading it if you allready did.
Good luck:) .

Lionheart

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
C+F Dude

You could be ****y and funny and say...

"Seeing as how it's valentine's day, your present could be me taking you out tonight ;)"

Don't bother with presents unless you are in an LTR, and it sounds like you aren't...10 easy...pffff...no such thing as a perfect woman!

Lionheart - Valentines Day AKA AFC's day.

Lt dan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ten...its all perspective. and what should you get a chick. under twenty five buck for valentines day. im in a ltr

RyKnOw

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
2slick,

i doubt she is a 10, 10's are top of the line prime choice meat she may be a 6 or 7 but i doubt 10 anyways
"Seeing as how it's valentine's day, your present could be me taking you out tonight

"
lionheart sums it up!

OddTech

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Not many people mentioned this, but you're DJing her for the past "few weeks." I know you're a beginner, but how long are you going to wait, another 13 days until Valentine's Day? Dude, you're hesitating! Where's the home phone number? Where's the date? I don't see you mentioned it.

I personally don't like to have first dates on AFC day. Why not go out for coffee before that? It'll be a more accurate guage of her IL.

RyKnOw

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
lol i like that AFC day i laugh cause I can tell im changing to a don juan and not staying a smuch like I was!

RyKnOw

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Valentines Day (national Afc day)?

well i just found me a valentine hopefully it wont make me a average frustrated chump but what the hell exactly are you suppose to do on that ignorant day?

Im changing from afc to don juan each day but my mind is kind of boggled on this.

Legend

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dont do anything with her on V -Day....this day is more like D-Day.

I'm So Cute

Don Juan
Reaction score
You're supposed to collect expensive gifts and give as little as possible in return.

legolas

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
same old

Just like Christmass, Valentine's day is yet another marketing quirk used by corporations to rob us of our hard earned money. I mean what's the point of buying a material gift to show your love? If I need a gift to show my love, I would have to write that off as a communication problem between me and my girl. Set that up from the very beginning, No gifts on Valentine's PERIOD!!

Who wants to waste money anyway in those hundreds of roses that will be cut and those plush toys that will fill the shelves. I mean if your girl needed a plush toy for V-day you might as well get yourself a grown up woman.

Screw V-day. After all it was all about some priest who wanted to marry couples when the king said no, and the priest was killed. So what?

RyKnOw

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
makes sense the girl who is supposely my valentine is like a chick who I had several flings with lateley but seem to fail to go all the was for the simple fact her saving her virginity for marriage. I guess i tell her "happy v-day"or some dumb crap and go about the whole deal like it was christmas or some sh1t.

CharmingBastard

Don Juan
Reaction score
My opinion is this:
If she's your girlfriend/wife (ltr), then it's ok to buy a present on V-day (I'm planning on giving 1 rose for my gf that I've dated for 5 months).

Otherwise don't buy any stuff for her.

Wolf in sheep's clothing

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by CharmingBastard
My opinion is this:
If she's your girlfriend/wife (ltr), then it's ok to buy a present on V-day (I'm planning on giving 1 rose for my gf that I've dated for 5 months).

Otherwise don't buy any stuff for her.
Bingo!

stallion

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Why be so cynical about it?

No offense but a true DJ probably wouldn't take the day personally whether he's in a LTR or single. In fact, he might as well enjoy the scenes and take it easy.

I don't think being single on that day would rub your ego.
As Pook says, you shouldn't put women at the top of the list if you're a DJ.

sux2bu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hearts and roses and kisses galore..
What the hell is all this crap for?
People get mushy and start acting queer;
it is definitely the most annoying day of the year.
This day needs to get the hell over with and pass.
Before I shove a dozen roses up Cupid's azz.
Guys act all sweet, but it soon will fade.
For all they are doing is trying to get laid.
The arrow Cupid shot at me must not have hit.
Because I think love is a crock of shyt.
So heres my story...what else can I say?
Love bites my azz...Fvck Valentine's Day!

Chemistry

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My girl is cookin' for me...

I've not really decided what to do yet on buyin' ****... probably end up with some Valentines Day chocolates

DJinArizona

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm dating a few different women now and have v-day plans with one only because SHE asked me... the other two haven't brought it up and I'm not going to either. As for the date, it's going to be just like any other date... no cards, gifts, etc. If I was in a LTR then I would but not with a chick I'm dating non-exclusively.

SamePendo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Quoting again Mr. Smooth

Answer to the question "is this too AFC." No 1. Who cares about what other people think? No. 2. Do what you WANT. Don't do things to impress a chick, or based on what other people think, As long as you actually want to do it, it is not AFC.
This was written by Mr.Smooth...
Its not the material thing itself, its what it represents.
But, yeah, its good to see the anti-materialistic thought here. Hard to find these days. But keep in mind there is nothing wrong with having something you damn like! Materialistic or not, there are things you simply like and you want ;) .