Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Valentines Day discussion thread (Merged threads)

aurora

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Before, when I was a full blown AFC, my instinct was always to shower gifts and cards to girls I hardly knew or who I was just casually dating and Valentines' day and birthdays were no exception.

However, along the way I noticed a disturbing trend. I cannot recall one instant where I got laid with a girl whom I had given such attention and gifts to. As a matter of fact, it seems that these girls became turned off and either dumped me soon thereafter or LJBF'd me, whereas the girls I showed indifference to (i,e, no gifts, etc.) would want me more.

I believe that GC has it right. No gifts until she is your GF. Also, don't invest more than she is investing in you.

Chemistry

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Valentines Day... An AFC's Dream

Just curious what a DJ does on February 14th...

Two scenarios...

1. You've got a steady girl, who you've been seein for a decent amount of time...

2. There's a girl you're feelin', but haven't built it into a relationship, call it one or two dates...

It can be all too easy to fall into that AFC zone on Valentines Day, or do some of you view that as acceptable for this one day?

Corndowg

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been thinking the same thing. Not long ago I got introduced to the wonderful world of DJ'ing and I've been wondering what women want and what DJs do on V-Day.

ali_g

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Help us out experienced DJs. I was wondering the same thing as it may be that I'm dating one (or more) girls when V-day comes, but not yet at the exclusive stage. I still want to be a challenge but I wouldn't want any woman I'm with at the time to disrespect me.

Alpha King

Don Juan
Reaction score
Specifically what do you do if you have 3 or 4 girls on your roster? There's no way you could arrange (or afford) that many dates on one day. Advice?

I was thinking the only thing you can do if you're dating several girls is tell all the girls that you'll be out of town for some really important reason that makes you seem like a challenge and raises her IL. But I can't think of a good excuse.

LionFox

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah.. or what do you do if you've got nothing on the radar and know you're a DJ but start to feel AFC because it's Valentine's Day and you ain't got a *****?

I know the answer: Be a man, and get one!

Just feeling pissed...
Lionfox

mystik

Don Juan
Reaction score
wut im doing on valentines day... goto an expensive dinner, a symphony (make sure u get reservations NOW or ur screwed if ur gonna do the same), maybe some star gazing afterwards, go get a drink (zanfandels?) n 'go home', dependin on how i do the last word's meaning differs.

Gangster Of Love

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For the past 3-4, having been dating a couple of girls regularly, I have been lucky on Valentine's day. I work at a gym, so every year I make sure I am working on Valentine's day evening. Too bad this year it falls on a friday. I just realized. Leaving town might be the best alternative for those wishing to avoid it.

Rev

Banned
Reaction score
I think it's fine to show your affection and do something nice for your girl on V day, just so long as she's already giving up the pussy freely. ;)

CyranoDeBergerac

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Injecting some sense into this post...

Lol, at first I thought this thread was going to be discussing how "AFC" this holiday was because it has a bad habit of pandering to women.

To Alpha King and GOL:
I can't answer how to handle multiple girls on valentines day, as that's not my specialty. You probably know a bit more about juggling love interests than I so I'm not going to put my two cents in as it wouldn't be worth even that much. But I will say this...a DJ doesn't run from anything. Least of all a girl or two seeking his affections, so this "get out of town" mentality is beneath you guys. Mice flee when problems arise, men stand and face the challenge. Of mice and men, which are you?

To LionFox:
You still have what? 3 weeks left? Don't let it get to you. You've got plenty of time, and there's nothing you can do on valentines day that you couldn't do any other day of the year...Why assign it such vaulted significance?

To mystik:
Some good ideas there, but I would suggest bringing some champagne, some glasses, and a few warm blankets when you go star gazing. Hitting a bar afterwards might hinder the personal aura you strove all evening to create, and how much more romantic would it be to make love under the stars?

Best wishes and suggestions aside, you sound like you're going through this grand production in order to garner her favor and get laid at the end. How long have you been with her that you're still having to worry about playing your cards right? I won't be one to knock you're style, but the gift giving rule of thumb for me is how long/attached I've been with her. To go through all that for someone I haven't been seeing/married to for at least a year would be incredibly vane on my part, and at the same time more than a bit insecure. Unless of course you do these things for her regularly...

To rev:
Again, why assign valentines day such a hallowed position in the annals of the human experience? In other words, why would you only show your affections on valentines day? I'm not saying shower her with gifts and gusshiness year-round, or even every other week. Forgive my asumption here, but to withhold your appreciation for a person's company because you think it might make you look weak? How weak is that? When a friend of your's has been there for you, you let them know you appreciate them by word or by gesture whether it be spending time with your buds, or buying them a round. Why would your woman be any different?

To Ali_g:
If your woman's respect for you is based on how romantic and grandiose a production you can stage for her on valentines day, dump the b1tch. (Are you listening mystik??) A casual night on the town sounds about right. Maybe hit a comedy club and go glow bowling. :D The only difference between what you do now already should be at most a small token of your esteem.

Lastly to Chuckles and corndowg:
Again I have to cite the gift giving rule here. A gift is an expression of your appreciation for the recipient. A gift can be a word or gesture even as mundane as spending time with her. (As a DJ's time is very precious) So the first question you need to ask youself is how long have I been with her and how close have we become? All that's left is figure out a way of expressing this to her.

Granted, the inflated importance often on valentines day makes it easy to go fullblown AFC. But then again nothing in itself is 'AFC' or even 'DJ'. Its the mentality behind it which distinguishes the man from the moron. All you need to do to keep your AFC tendencies in check is ask " What am I doing, and what am I doing this for?" You can tell if you're being a Champ or a Chump. You'll be fine.

Forgive the length of the post as I think my two cents just turned into a nickel. ;) Best of luck in life and love to you brothers on valentines and the other 364 days in a year...

-CyranoDeBergerac

mikezal

Don Juan
Reaction score
If you have more than one girl for V-day, why not pick the one who shags the best?

VeryBadGirl

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In my mind, V-day is more for people in serious relationships. If you are dating multiple people, I would think it would be best to just hang out with your buddies that night. V-Day with a non-LTR person is probably more trouble than it is worth.

I've had some great Valentines days - out to a fun restaurant, dinner at home, flower sent to me at work, etc.

This V-day my boyfriend is getting a PS2 game he wants a some sexy silk boxers.

Squy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by VeryBadGirl
In my mind, V-day is more for people in serious relationships. If you are dating multiple people, I would think it would be best to just hang out with your buddies that night. V-Day with a non-LTR person is probably more trouble than it is worth.
Why?

Ivan Drago

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I hate Valentine's Day with a passion because I don't understand why I need to be told when to buy flowers for my girlfriend. Somehow society feels they can tell me when I need to be "romantic" so that they can increase sales. Screw that.

Anyway I told my girlfriend how I feel about Valentine's and it turns out she hates Valentine's even more than I do - she find it nothing but ridiculos. So long story short, we are not going to celebrate Valentine's day.

As far as I am concerned, Valentine's day is just another day.

VeryBadGirl

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, because in my mind, Valentines Day is about being with the person you love. Most of the legends surround V-Day have to do with love. And, if you are seeing multiple people, chances are you *like* them and are getting to know them better, but it isn't love.

Also, logistically, it can be an issue - which girl to hang with, to get a gift or not, etc.

Also the woman you decide to celebrate with may take it as a sign that you want something serious - which you may or may not want.

Actually, one of the V-Day legends has to do with marriage. I guess some Emporer decided that single men made better soldiers than those with wives and families. So, he outlawed marriage for young men. (St.) Valentine defied Claudius and continued to perform marriages for young lovers in secret. When Valentine's actions were discovered, Claudius ordered that he be put to death.

Obviously, you should be showing your mate that you love him/her everyday, but it is nice to have another date to buy gifts for someone - I love getting things for people I care about that I know they will love. Yes, I can do that any day, but I still like V-Day as a day to remind us all how important love is.

Gangster Of Love

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Also the woman you decide to celebrate with may take it as a sign that you want something serious - which you may or may not want.

Cyrano, as VBG states, if you are just dating somebody who you are not too serious about, why even hang around and make them take it for more than what it is? You see, women have been conditioned that its a ver special date, etc. etc. Why not face it and not run away? Because this is not a logical thinkin' kind of issue, just like most things when it comes to women. Its just one of those things. You don't try to figure it out. You just try to avoid it. Agree with you, you should face it, and I'll even say, go do something nice for that special one, but only if you want it to come across as something special. Just DJ's are instructed to not call too much, don't be AFC, etc. Its just one of those things.

rismoney

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by mikezal
If you have more than one girl for V-day, why not pick the one who shags the best?
A DJ would not reward the one who shags the best, but rather the one with the most potential to shag who he has not shagged in an attempt to shag away MORE and bump someone else into the rotation. If the best shagger gets rewarded, you are already overworking a well tuned machine. efforts are best spent on improvements vs maintenance.

The other ones get out of town/business trip/some ****. plan that early, so it looks legit. like 'I just learned i have a business trip sometime in february... and then hone in on the details and act upset when you find out the dates, in a few days.

Ris$

Chemistry

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
True... some interesting replies

I remember the old days, back at school when it was all this nameless Valentine Cards hype and declaring your undying love for this girl who was in your Biology class or somethin... a girl you'd been admirin' from afar, lol

Ahhhhhhh, the good old days...

BGMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Valentine's Day? What's that? And is it the reason there's all that cheap heart-shaped candy on Feb. 15?

BGMan :D