Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

USA Cellphone plans - AT&T - T-Mobile - Verizon through Red Pocket

logicallefty

Reaction score
It might be the update and not the phone, the software can be buggy
It likely is the update. Cell carriers and manufacturers purposely bloat down older phone models when there are newer ones out hoping to get you to upgrade. It will very often times run 2-3 more versions before they do it. So for example if you have version one 1, you will likely be OK when the v2 comes out . But by around or shortly after v3 or maybe v4 is out, your v1 will get an update and start running like crap. I have seen this on Androids, iPhones, and even older phones than that.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
It likely is the update. Cell carriers and manufacturers purposely bloat down older phone models when there are newer ones out hoping to get you to upgrade. It will very often times run 2-3 more versions before they do it. So for example if you have version one 1, you will likely be OK when the v2 comes out . But by around or shortly after v3 or maybe v4 is out, your v1 will get an update and start running like crap. I have seen this on Androids, iPhones, and even older phones than that.
iTurds are too expensive. I hear they slow down faster than Androids. I just use it for talk, text (minimal), listen to music, audiobooks and read the news. I don't need one of these new ones which also now jack you off too through VR. Here comes Minority Report............

U

user43770

So doing my research into alternative service providers I stumbled upon this sub.

There's a wealth of experience on there in terms of MNVOs and prepaid plans.

redskinsfan92

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Unfortunately I require unlimited data. I use 30gb+ a month

redskinsfan92

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Apple is bad about that.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
I listen to youtube videos while I work.
Join the wifi network at work and then you're good. Or, I believe if you go on Google fi (https://fi.google.com/about/plan/), you can have unlimited everything worldwide for 80 bucks all included. You need an Android phone though.

AT&T Pre-paid offers unlimited data for $45.00 a month - https://www.att.com/prepaid/autopay-discount.html

T-Mobile offers unlimited data for $50.00 a month - https://prepaid.t-mobile.com/prepaid-plans

Never met a person who uses so much data. Wow. Congrats?

U

user43770

I read a bunch of horror stories about dealing with MNVO customer service departments. Red Pocket seems to be pretty bad about that.

Then you have the issue of MNVOs and prepaid plans being throttled in congested areas.

These are some things to consider.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
I read a bunch of horror stories about dealing with MNVO customer service departments. Red Pocket seems to be pretty bad about that.

Then you have the issue of MNVOs and prepaid plans being throttled in congested areas.

These are some things to consider.
Never had an issue with Red Pocket's support. Better than Verizon in my experience. AT&T's CS was the worst in my experience.

U

user43770

I've actually never had to interact with Verizon's customer service department, and I've been with them for close to 15 years. There's something to be said for that.

Comcast is another story haha. I wish there were more options for high-speed internet!

stovepipe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Never had an issue with Red Pocket's support. Better than Verizon in my experience. AT&T's CS was the worst in my experience.
You ever have Verizon prepaid? If so how does coverage and speed compare to RP? I recently switched from Virgin Mobile to Verizon PP. Huge difference for me to what I had but still slow to what my friends on contact have. But most of them are paying more than double what I am. I have no problems sacrificing a little speed and coverage to save a substantial amount to what Im paying now. Mint Sim I've heard a lot of negative things about as I was going to go with them but opted for Verizon's double your data special they had a while back.

Last edited:

backseatjuan

Banned
Reaction score
I'm in France with the family for spring break. Currently at Disney Paris, a few more days in Paris proper, then home.
The reason I asked you about leaving cell phone unattended, is because I was at the bar when I wrote you, and left my cell phone unattended twice, while I went to another room to get me some drinks, both times it was there, nobody stole it.

I want your input into this threat.