Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

US soldier throws puppy from cliff

iqqi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ezily said:
No. and good comeback.

to be a sociopath (i.e. diagnosed with antisocial personality disorder):

Three or more of the following are required:

1. Failure to conform to social norms with respect to lawful behaviors as indicated by repeatedly performing acts that are grounds for arrest.
2. Deceitfulness, as indicated by repeatedly lying, use of aliases, or conning others for personal profit or pleasure
3. Impulsivity or failure to plan ahead
4. Irritability and aggressiveness, as indicated by repeated physical fights or assaults
5. Reckless disregard for safety of self or others
6. Consistent irresponsibility, as indicated by repeated failure to sustain consistent work behavior or honour financial obligations
7. Lack of remorse, as indicated by being indifferent to or rationalizing having hurt, mistreated, or stolen from another.

Symptoms include:
* Persistent lying or stealing
* Recurring difficulties with the law
* Tendency to violate the rights and boundaries of others (property, physical, sexual, emotional, legal)
* Substance abuse
* Aggressive, often violent behavior; prone to getting involved in fights
* A persistent agitated or depressed feeling (dysphoria)
* Inability to tolerate boredom
* Disregard for the safety of self or others
* A childhood diagnosis of conduct disorders - this is not a symptom but "a history of"
* Lack of remorse for hurting others
* Superficial charm
* Impulsiveness
* A sense of extreme entitlement
* Inability to make or keep friends
* Lack of remorse
* Recklessness, impulsivity
* People with a diagnosis of antisocial personality disorder often experience difficulties with authority figures.
If you believe all that, then the matrix has you!!!

This is what they want you to believe!!!

WAKE UP, kidd!!

(someone has to say it...)

joekerr31

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Aboleo said:
Is it the fact that this creature was killed for no reason that bothers you, or simply that it was a dog?
its not the dog, its the sociopathic behavior of the soldier AND the behavior. if it was a hampster, rabbit, goat, whatever, i woudl feel the same way.

now some will say - well what about hunters. they kill innocent animals.

im not a fan of hunting, but (responsible) hunters:

1) do their best to make a one-shot kill. if they fail, they quickly put the animal down with a second shot
2) they eat their kill
3) they don't get any FUN from torturing an animal, ending its life, or inflicting pain. they typically grew up as hunters and hunt as a past time and eat the meat after (meat they'd eat anyway from the grocery store otherwise).

throwing a puppy off a cliff (like i say, i havent seen the video so im not sure exactly the context) for FUN is disgusting. it should disgust everyone here.

if you aren't disgusted by such an action something is seriously psychologically wrong with you ('you' as in anyone reading this).

Aboleo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
KontrollerX said:
One of the biggest signs of sociopathy is cruelty to animals and killing animals.

This scumbag needs to given a dishonorable discharge and locked up immediately if this video is real.

...over killing a puppy?

You honestly think that he should be kicked out of the military and thrown in jail FOR KILLING A PUPPY?!

Jesus Christ. There are some funny ideas going around these days... maybe you would be happier if our military threw candy corns at the enemy instead of hand greanades as well?

By the way, I am a hunter and I am not the least bit disgusted by hunting an animal. When society crumbles to the ground and you a$$holes are standing around with your d!cks in your hands, my family will be well fed and surviving.

Chumps. :p

ezily

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Quiksilver said:
I value a dogs life and a humans life as equal. Tell me exactly why you would value the life of a human over a dog?
I don't condone the unethical treatment of animals in any way. So purposefully killing a dog is a sin. It's cruel. However, I don't want to judge that soldier because I don't know his situation and mental state. Now, someone like Mike Vick is bad. Now, if we need animals for food and stuff then killing them is fine for the meat. Now killing an animal for the sake of killing = bad.

however, a human life is far more valuable than an animal's. I guess it's my religion that has shaped my view. I don't want to get into it but I'm sure you can imagine.

iqqi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Aboleo said:
...over killing a puppy?

You honestly think that he should be kicked out of the military and thrown in jail FOR KILLING A PUPPY?!

Jesus Christ. There are some funny ideas going around these days...
Definately he should.

To have such a lack of value for any life, and to take a life just for amusement, is reprehensible.

He is an abomination and should be treated as such!!!

KontrollerX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Aboleo said:
...over killing a puppy?

Jesus Christ. There are some funny ideas going around these days...
You probably feel that what went on at Abu Ghraib was perfectly alright too with this sick depraved callous mindset.

Oh and not jail.

Prison.

Nothing less than 10 years.

In Bush's military though who am I kidding?

This fvcker will probably be promoted.

iqqi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ezily said:
however, a human life is far more valuable than an animal's. I guess it's my religion that has shaped my view. I don't want to get into it but I'm sure you can imagine.
I've always been annoyed by people who felt this way. Humans can have such illusions of grandeur. It is shameful.

ezily

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
iqqi said:
If you believe all that, then the matrix has you!!!

This is what they want you to believe!!!

WAKE UP, kidd!!

(someone has to say it...)
it's the psychological clinical diagnosis criteria. It's based on a great number of studies. There's nothing to believe. That is what it takes to be a sociopath. If you kill and animal without remorse but would never, have never, and will never harm another human then you are, by definition, not a sociopath. I'm sorry I had to burst your PETA loving bubble.

ezily

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
KontrollerX said:
You probably feel that what went on at Abu Ghraib was perfectly alright too with this sick depraved callous mindset.

Oh and not jail.

Prison.

Nothing less than 10 years.

In Bush's military though who am I kidding?

This fvcker will probably be promoted.
and these are the liberals who want to run our country. They'll put you in jail for killing a puppy but rape and molest a 5 year old little girl? Nope. You need therapy. Yeah liberalism is a mental disorder and this guy is a very good example.

joekerr31

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Aboleo said:
...over killing a puppy?

Jesus Christ. There are some funny ideas going around these days... maybe you would be happier if our military threw candy corns at the enemy as well?
no, its YOU that is messed up.

you guys all realize that in every industrialized nation torturing or killing animals is against the law. you CAN be arrested. you WILL be given a psych test. and then you WILL be sent to councelling as part of your release conditions.

seriously, im thinking you guys must be trolling. becuase if you actually have no problem with someone killing a puppy for no other reason than for fun, then you are sick.

you must be one of those kids who gets a kick out of putting a hampster in a microwave or something.

all im saying is that i'd love about 15-30 minutes alone with you in a room with no windows :whistle:

additionally, pertaining to torturing animals as being an indicator of later violent behaviors - this is all well documented. the people who torture animals often grow up to assualt and torture human beings.

you guys a FOOLING yourselves to think that there is one set of cognitive functions that allows an individual to torture a puppy which when interacting with humans simply turn off. whatever sick twisted ideas are goign through the soldiers minds regarding hte puppy, go through his mind regarding humans.

the only reason these f*cks don't kill humans is because when a human goes missing peopel start asking questions and investigate.

joekerr31

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ezily said:
I don't condone the unethical treatment of animals in any way. So purposefully killing a dog is a sin. It's cruel. However, I don't want to judge that soldier because I don't know his situation and mental state. Now, someone like Mike Vick is bad. Now, if we need animals for food and stuff then killing them is fine for the meat. Now killing an animal for the sake of killing = bad.

ok, this is the first sensible thing you've said. if you are upset over vick, then you should be just as upset over the soldier. its the same damn thing. killing for the fun of it.

at least with vick there was a reason - they were gambling on the dog fights. but with this soldier there was nothing other than he's a sick f*ck. and yes, maybe he's lost his mind from being in iraqi. fine, if thats the case, then he needs treatment.

but people saying 'ah, if he wants to kill a puppy i could care less. that's his choice.'

that is a F*CKED up perspective to have on the situation.

ezily

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
KontrollerX said:
One of the biggest signs of sociopathy is cruelty to animals and killing animals for the hell of it.

This scumbag needs to given a dishonorable discharge and locked up immediately if this video is real.
no, it's not a listed symptom in the DSM-IV so stop making crap up. Sure, this diagnosis book has it's problems but these generally focus on issues such as how to diagnose and what it actually takes and how symptoms are related and such. BUT it is very very widely accepted in it's current form. It would never miss a symptom as large as you mentioned.

wootapotky

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
http://www.allaboutanimals.org.uk/PT-TheLink.asp

Cruelty to animals is considered one of three symptoms that predict the development of a psychopath.
Dr Howard Koplewicz, director of the Child Study Center at New York University said, "Whenever I read about someone committing a horrible crime against an animal and getting off with a slap on the wrist because 'it was just a cat', I become sick with dread because I know that as despicable as the acts may be that they've already committed, these people aren't finished yet. They're just getting warmed up".
According to a 1997 study, people who abused animals were five times more likely than others to have a criminal record and four times more likely to have a record of violent crime.
Animal Abuse Is Not Normal
Animal abuse is not a normal part of growing up. Tying fireworks to a cat's tail or beating a dog are not symptoms of fun but rather a clear sign of a seriously disturbed psyche. These children have the potential for future violence - towards other children and later towards any member of society.

Because animals cannot report their own abuse and can do little to fight back, they are the perfect "practice" victims for those who tend towards violence. Sadly, because animals are seen as "property" or a part of the furniture, the abuse may go on right under the eyes of parents, friends and neighbours who tacitly support this abuse by failing to stop it.

To the person who said it's none of your business if he finds pleasure in torturing animals, you are wrong. It is and this is in no way normal behavior. People who take pleasure in torturing and killing animals need professional help. It is your business if you don't want someone to go on to the next step and start killing people.

However, with that said, killing animals is not worse than killing a person.

KontrollerX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ezily said:
and these are the liberals who want to run our country. They'll put you in jail for killing a puppy but rape and molest a 5 year old little girl? Nope. You need therapy. Yeah liberalism is a mental disorder and this guy is a very good example.
I share joekerr's opinion.

I'd love to be in a room with you and the abolo guy to get you both fully acquainted with my fists over and over again until all the callousness, disregard for life and stupidity is beaten out of you both.

It could take a while.

Joekerr might have to join me and we'll go in shifts.

And where the fvck did the baseless accusation emerge from the depths of your moronic skull that lead you to believe I wouldn't want someone that raped a 5 year old girl to be punished?

I'd want someone that did that to get life in prison without the possibility of parole.

Yes I'm anti death penalty but not anti punishment.

I don't know where you pulled that stupidity from.

Your ass maybe?

As for my belief about sociopaths and cruelty to animals it comes directly from Robert Hare's book "Without Conscience" not the DSM.

I tend to take Robert Hare's word a bit over the DSM cuz ya know he's the world expert on sociopaths not the DSM committee you put your faith in so blindly.

joekerr31

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ezily said:
it's the psychological clinical diagnosis criteria. It's based on a great number of studies. There's nothing to believe. That is what it takes to be a sociopath. If you kill and animal without remorse but would never, have never, and will never harm another human then you are, by definition, not a sociopath. I'm sorry I had to burst your PETA loving bubble.
what you posted was straight from wikipedia you idiot.

you guys ever seen that commercial where the guy is doing brain surgery and half way through it turns out he isn't a doctor, but he says 'don't worry, i slept at a best western last night.' (the commercial is for best western)

now we've got these idiots on the internet who spout sh*t off without knowing anything because they looked at wikipedia.

fyi numbnuts...

The diagnosis of APD has long been controversial. The criteria for it seem to change with each and every new edition of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-I 1968; DSM-II 1976; DSM-III 1980; DSM-III-R 1987; DSM-IV 1994). The diagnosis was substantially changed with DSM-III when the APA decided to distinguish between child and adult characteristics, and essentially substituted behavioral criteria (like truancy or law violations) for personality criteria (like callousness and selfishness). In the DSM-III-R (R for Revised), the focus was on violence and a list of violent acts (fighting, cruelty to others, cruelty to animals). The current DSM-IV approach essentially says that anything which is not sociopathy, psychopathy or dyssocial personality disorder is antisocial personality disorder, but there is considerable overlap. The diagnostic possibilities are endless; there are at least 3 million possible variations of symptoms on at least 62 different measurable items.

ezily

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
joekerr31 said:
but people saying 'ah, if he wants to kill a puppy i could care less. that's his choice.'

that is a F*CKED up perspective to have on the situation.
true, I may have misspoke before. My point was that I don't want to judge this guy from this video. Killing for the sake of killing is bad. But my perspective is that killing an animal for fun is bad, killing a human for any reason (other than self defense) is just completely unacceptable. They're on opposite sides of the spectrum as far as I'm concerned.

Now, if a person just wants to kill dogs for fun then he should be in jail. He really is a scumbag. This soldier? A fine would do. He's at war. I think we should all give him a break since we're sitting here typing on our computers in our safe homes while he's over in the mid east surrounded by crazy muslim terrorists who want to kill him.

joekerr31

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ezily said:
dude, the law already states that you go to jail. in the UK some kids put a hedgehog in a microwave and got 5 years in jail.

personally i don't want to put you in jail. your punishment would be 30 minutes alone in a room with me :)

the state would pay for your coffin afterwards.

joekerr31

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Aboleo said:
I never said that I liked killing puppies... but sending a guy (a professional KILLER, no less) to prison for doing so is asinine.

Take your bleeding heart bull**** somewhere else, thank you.
well our disagreement here is understandable. im from canada and your from texas. 'nuff said ;)

ChrizZ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ezily said:
true, I may have misspoke before. My point was that I don't want to judge this guy from this video. Killing for the sake of killing is bad. But my perspective is that killing an animal for fun is bad, killing a human for any reason (other than self defense) is just completely unacceptable. They're on opposite sides of the spectrum as far as I'm concerned.

Now, if a person just wants to kill dogs for fun then he should be in jail. He really is a scumbag. This soldier? A fine would do. He's at war. I think we should all give him a break since we're sitting here typing on our computers in our safe homes while he's over in the mid east surrounded by crazy muslim terrorists who want to kill him.
So just because he is in war gives him the right to decide about life and death of puppies?

Get real man...