"So, What Do You Do for Fun?"

She asks it casually, mid-sip. And you feel the floor open up, because the honest answer is work, gym, and a couple shows you're half-watching.

Women rarely say this out loud, but a man with a life is attractive before he says a word. The guy who spent Saturday deep-sea fishing and came back with photos and a story — he walks in already interesting.

The "22 Rules" pushed me to build a life worth talking about. Turns out the fastest way to be interesting to women is to be interested in your own life first.

Read more...

Unplugging my dad?

Apex

Don Juan
Joined
Sep 7, 2019
Messages
30
Reaction score
15
Age
42
After months of being "introduced" to the red pill community, I wonder if I should let my dad read my copy of The Rational Male. He's open minded enough, but he has had many more years of blue pill reinforcement than me, of course. Any suggestions? Is this a good idea? BTW, my parents aren't married, and his second wife passed away. Both of them really worked him over.
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Augustus_McCrae

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 3, 2012
Messages
907
Reaction score
1,020
After months of being "introduced" to the red pill community, I wonder if I should let my dad read my copy of The Rational Male. He's open minded enough, but he has had many more years of blue pill reinforcement than me, of course. Any suggestions? Is this a good idea? BTW, my parents aren't married, and his second wife passed away. Both of them really worked him over.
Sounds like the ex wives caused him some trauma.

For many older guys, it’s usually a traumatic event ( divorce rape, alimony, child support, etc. ) that causes them to be open to new ideas.

How old is he?

-Augustus-
 

Epic Days

Banned
Joined
May 7, 2019
Messages
1,869
Reaction score
1,643
Age
42
After months of being "introduced" to the red pill community, I wonder if I should let my dad read my copy of The Rational Male. He's open minded enough, but he has had many more years of blue pill reinforcement than me, of course. Any suggestions? Is this a good idea? BTW, my parents aren't married, and his second wife passed away. Both of them really worked him over.
Just do it. Walk in, hand him the book and say nothing. Explain nothing.
 

Apex

Don Juan
Joined
Sep 7, 2019
Messages
30
Reaction score
15
Age
42
Sounds like the ex wives caused him some trauma.

For many older guys, it’s usually a traumatic event ( divorce rape, alimony, child support, etc. ) that causes them to be open to new ideas.

How old is he?

-Augustus-
He's 60.
 

Augustus_McCrae

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 3, 2012
Messages
907
Reaction score
1,020
I would say do it. However, be aware that’s a long lifetime of conditioning to change.

Also, there is a difference between logically understanding red pill and actually internalizing it. I was 52 when I was introduced to it, and yes, I logically got it, but it took about 4 to 5 years and a breakup with my girlfriend at the time to truly internalize.

He’s about my age and I can tell you that the world he grew up in is totally different than today. The way women acted back then and what we were taught about women and relationships is very different than today.

-Augustus-
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

zekko

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 6, 2009
Messages
16,755
Reaction score
9,953
He’s about my age and I can tell you that the world he grew up in is totally different than today. The way women acted back then and what we were taught about women and relationships is very different than today.
That's true although there are certain fundamentals that transcend time. A lot of the recommended PUA stuff comes from caveman days.

Anyway, my question is what age girls is he going to be seeing? 18? 22? 35? 42? 50? 60? If he wants to date in or near his own age group, I doubt that their behavior is going to be the same as the 22 year olds.
 

Apex

Don Juan
Joined
Sep 7, 2019
Messages
30
Reaction score
15
Age
42
That's true although there are certain fundamentals that transcend time. A lot of the recommended PUA stuff comes from caveman days.

Anyway, my question is what age girls is he going to be seeing? 18? 22? 35? 42? 50? 60? If he wants to date in or near his own age group, I doubt that their behavior is going to be the same as the 22 year olds.
I'm not sure what sort of woman he is looking for, if any. I just gave him the book today. After talking to him a little, he seems to be somewhat aware of how women really treat men.
 

Serenity

Moderator
Joined
Aug 19, 2013
Messages
5,150
Reaction score
5,056
Age
35
Location
Eye of the storm
I wouldn't do it unless he showed signs of thinking like that at least a little bit. It seems to me that everyone who gets into this stuff do so by themselves.
 

zekko

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 6, 2009
Messages
16,755
Reaction score
9,953
After talking to him a little, he seems to be somewhat aware of how women really treat men.
No teacher like experience.
 

Tilex

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 12, 2018
Messages
899
Reaction score
1,029
He's a Baby Boomer?

Not sure how well the red pill will work on guys from that generation.
After all, he grew up in the intial stages of first wave feminism.
Society was a lot different back then.
Women were more openly sexual and submissive at the time.
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

Spaz

Banned
Joined
Jan 14, 2018
Messages
8,337
Reaction score
6,878
That's true although there are certain fundamentals that transcend time. A lot of the recommended PUA stuff comes from caveman days.

Anyway, my question is what age girls is he going to be seeing? 18? 22? 35? 42? 50? 60? If he wants to date in or near his own age group, I doubt that their behavior is going to be the same as the 22 year olds.
If a man is 60, he should date women around the age of 37.

It wouldn't look odd if he's still fit.
 

Spaz

Banned
Joined
Jan 14, 2018
Messages
8,337
Reaction score
6,878
I would say do it. However, be aware that’s a long lifetime of conditioning to change.

Also, there is a difference between logically understanding red pill and actually internalizing it. I was 52 when I was introduced to it, and yes, I logically got it, but it took about 4 to 5 years and a breakup with my girlfriend at the time to truly internalize.

He’s about my age and I can tell you that the world he grew up in is totally different than today. The way women acted back then and what we were taught about women and relationships is very different than today.

-Augustus-
I think that there's a disconnect with masculinity when cities grew and fathers became too busy to spend some quality time with their young sons.
 

zekko

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 6, 2009
Messages
16,755
Reaction score
9,953
I like you as a poster, experience sensible man, except for your stuff about pua which just being honest you know nothing about - yet have a chip on your shoulder about.

That was a basic idea perpetuated by one guy, refuted by an entire chapter by the very first thing that I ever read.
I picked up girls when I was younger, about the same age as most guys around here. If you say I know nothing about picking up girls today, then you might have a better point. Still, I don't think I'm entirely clueless when it comes to women, since I've dealt with them for approaching 60 years now. It's true it isn't my objective to become a tattooed fvckboy at my age. Maybe if my girlfriend and I break up, I might reconsider. If I had to start looking for a date tomorrow, I don't think I would be completely devoid of weapons.

Not sure what you mean by the "basic idea". What I meant about some PUA ideas coming from caveman days, that wasn't a putdown. I was talking about how PUAs point to how women are "wired" to respond to certain masculinity cues from an evolutionary standpoint. If women have deep seated primal attraction cues from primitive times, then there must be ways to attract women that are just as true today as they were back in my day.
 

Apex

Don Juan
Joined
Sep 7, 2019
Messages
30
Reaction score
15
Age
42
Maybe if my girlfriend and I break up, I might reconsider. If I had to start looking for a date tomorrow, I don't think I would be completely devoid of weapons.
It's interesting that you bring that up, because after my last relationship ended (very badly) nearly 3 years ago, immediately after that, I had a string of several dates with other women. I was not red pill aware at the time, so I sought out whatever dating tips I could find. Even the most basic stuff helped. I also experienced cases with girls that liked me that I had no interest in. That was unfamiliar territory for me.
 
Top