Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Unplugging my dad?

Apex

Don Juan
Reaction score
After months of being "introduced" to the red pill community, I wonder if I should let my dad read my copy of The Rational Male. He's open minded enough, but he has had many more years of blue pill reinforcement than me, of course. Any suggestions? Is this a good idea? BTW, my parents aren't married, and his second wife passed away. Both of them really worked him over.

Augustus_McCrae

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
After months of being "introduced" to the red pill community, I wonder if I should let my dad read my copy of The Rational Male. He's open minded enough, but he has had many more years of blue pill reinforcement than me, of course. Any suggestions? Is this a good idea? BTW, my parents aren't married, and his second wife passed away. Both of them really worked him over.
Sounds like the ex wives caused him some trauma.

For many older guys, it’s usually a traumatic event ( divorce rape, alimony, child support, etc. ) that causes them to be open to new ideas.

How old is he?

-Augustus-

Epic Days

Banned
Reaction score
Just do it. Walk in, hand him the book and say nothing. Explain nothing.

Apex

Don Juan
Reaction score
Sounds like the ex wives caused him some trauma.

For many older guys, it’s usually a traumatic event ( divorce rape, alimony, child support, etc. ) that causes them to be open to new ideas.

How old is he?

-Augustus-
He's 60.

Augustus_McCrae

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would say do it. However, be aware that’s a long lifetime of conditioning to change.

Also, there is a difference between logically understanding red pill and actually internalizing it. I was 52 when I was introduced to it, and yes, I logically got it, but it took about 4 to 5 years and a breakup with my girlfriend at the time to truly internalize.

He’s about my age and I can tell you that the world he grew up in is totally different than today. The way women acted back then and what we were taught about women and relationships is very different than today.

-Augustus-

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
He’s about my age and I can tell you that the world he grew up in is totally different than today. The way women acted back then and what we were taught about women and relationships is very different than today.
That's true although there are certain fundamentals that transcend time. A lot of the recommended PUA stuff comes from caveman days.

Anyway, my question is what age girls is he going to be seeing? 18? 22? 35? 42? 50? 60? If he wants to date in or near his own age group, I doubt that their behavior is going to be the same as the 22 year olds.

Apex

Don Juan
Reaction score
That's true although there are certain fundamentals that transcend time. A lot of the recommended PUA stuff comes from caveman days.

Anyway, my question is what age girls is he going to be seeing? 18? 22? 35? 42? 50? 60? If he wants to date in or near his own age group, I doubt that their behavior is going to be the same as the 22 year olds.
I'm not sure what sort of woman he is looking for, if any. I just gave him the book today. After talking to him a little, he seems to be somewhat aware of how women really treat men.

Serenity

Reaction score
I wouldn't do it unless he showed signs of thinking like that at least a little bit. It seems to me that everyone who gets into this stuff do so by themselves.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
After talking to him a little, he seems to be somewhat aware of how women really treat men.
No teacher like experience.

Tilex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
He's a Baby Boomer?

Not sure how well the red pill will work on guys from that generation.
After all, he grew up in the intial stages of first wave feminism.
Society was a lot different back then.
Women were more openly sexual and submissive at the time.

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score

If a man is 60, he should date women around the age of 37.

It wouldn't look odd if he's still fit.

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
I would say do it. However, be aware that’s a long lifetime of conditioning to change.

Also, there is a difference between logically understanding red pill and actually internalizing it. I was 52 when I was introduced to it, and yes, I logically got it, but it took about 4 to 5 years and a breakup with my girlfriend at the time to truly internalize.

-Augustus-
I think that there's a disconnect with masculinity when cities grew and fathers became too busy to spend some quality time with their young sons.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I like you as a poster, experience sensible man, except for your stuff about pua which just being honest you know nothing about - yet have a chip on your shoulder about.

That was a basic idea perpetuated by one guy, refuted by an entire chapter by the very first thing that I ever read.
I picked up girls when I was younger, about the same age as most guys around here. If you say I know nothing about picking up girls today, then you might have a better point. Still, I don't think I'm entirely clueless when it comes to women, since I've dealt with them for approaching 60 years now. It's true it isn't my objective to become a tattooed fvckboy at my age. Maybe if my girlfriend and I break up, I might reconsider. If I had to start looking for a date tomorrow, I don't think I would be completely devoid of weapons.

Not sure what you mean by the "basic idea". What I meant about some PUA ideas coming from caveman days, that wasn't a putdown. I was talking about how PUAs point to how women are "wired" to respond to certain masculinity cues from an evolutionary standpoint. If women have deep seated primal attraction cues from primitive times, then there must be ways to attract women that are just as true today as they were back in my day.

Apex

Don Juan
Reaction score
Maybe if my girlfriend and I break up, I might reconsider. If I had to start looking for a date tomorrow, I don't think I would be completely devoid of weapons.
It's interesting that you bring that up, because after my last relationship ended (very badly) nearly 3 years ago, immediately after that, I had a string of several dates with other women. I was not red pill aware at the time, so I sought out whatever dating tips I could find. Even the most basic stuff helped. I also experienced cases with girls that liked me that I had no interest in. That was unfamiliar territory for me.