Why "Whatever You Want" Keeps You Single

She says the movie looks dumb; you suddenly agree. She tests you with a little attitude; you apologize for nothing.

You think you're being easy to get along with. She reads something else entirely: a man with no edges. Nothing to hold on to. No friction, no tension, no reason to wonder what he really thinks.

The "22 Rules" taught me to push back — playfully, calmly, without needing her approval. Strange things happened after that.

Read more...

Trouble with tinder?

BadBoy89

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 18, 2020
Messages
2,388
Reaction score
2,689

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 29, 2020
Messages
2,792
Reaction score
2,125
Matching apps are no bueno, I would head to the app Blender/Badoo, even has a bump feature so u get a notification when you come within a certain distance of a woman using the app.
 

Focal core

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 21, 2017
Messages
1,533
Reaction score
1,203
Age
45
Old not my thing.. Fulls of garbage, items that rejected by high value man
 

BackInTheGame78

Moderator
Joined
Sep 10, 2014
Messages
16,864
Reaction score
19,091
Old not my thing.. Fulls of garbage, items that rejected by high value man
Every woman you have dated for the past 5 years has been on OLD at one point or another whether you met them there or not. Let's not be delusional.
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

BackInTheGame78

Moderator
Joined
Sep 10, 2014
Messages
16,864
Reaction score
19,091
OP location is a big part of OLD.
BIG.
Metro areas excell.
I see OLD as a barrier. Some a supplement. I think most men can do better IRL as ive said before. Life is more then pictures. Face to face is more dynamic then an app could ever be.
Location is important. I don't live in a huge city but it's big enough. Metro area over 1 million.

I don't agree with this assessment. People are simply fooling themselves if they want to believe that because they met someone out in real life that this means they aren't on OLD. 90% of women probably have been or are on OLD. So maybe you met her in real life. But she is online also. What difference would it have made if you met her online instead? Honestly not much. Every woman you have dated in the past 5 years probably has been on OLD at some point.

Clearly the goal is to transition from messaging to texting to meeting in person. Anyone who is advocating for endless messaging is missing the boat.
 

Charm2K

Don Juan
Joined
Jul 6, 2012
Messages
103
Reaction score
116
I’m quite a good looking guy, good photos, and bio, but I honestly get very few matches in both bumble and tinder; 2 a week.. which makes no sense to me or friends..

Anyone else experiencing this?
I’m thinking messed up my ELO rating a couple years ago from swiping right on everything and experimenting with fake profiles for social experiments (lol) and now I’m hooped and only matching once or twice a week, but with unattractive women.
You are a "master don juan", but you use Tinder ? Ehhhh .... come on.
 

Charm2K

Don Juan
Joined
Jul 6, 2012
Messages
103
Reaction score
116
I really cant belive what iam reading here, whats the ****ing deal with datingapps ? You wont learn **** using em, you gotta approach in real life like a real man. Just ****ing losers hide behide an app to get a girl.
 

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 26, 2017
Messages
3,069
Reaction score
3,889
Age
53
There is more than one way to skin a cat and discounting any of them is just plain foolish IMO. Especially in this pandemic, it's not like you can just walk into your favorite bar or even gauge reactions from girls behind the masks in the grocery store.

With that said, it's also tiring to hear the same basic messages on here. Lift bro, Looks max, Approach in real life, Don't lose frame, Next her, yadda yadda yadda. Some things can be as easy as that but it's no guarantee and every situation is different with subtle nuances that can exist.

Calibration over instruction in everything. There's no set instructions or secret recipe you can always follow for all situations, even though the PUA community might have you believe otherwise... My $.02
 

"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

sangheilios

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 25, 2018
Messages
2,630
Reaction score
2,730
I haven't read through all of the posts, but I'm sure this has already been mentioned. OLD sites and apps are for the most part a waste of time for most men. The only men that I've known of who actually landed anything decent on there were guys that were quite young and college aged, I live in a university city. Men beyond this age range would land nothing or were dumpster diving, as any degree of quality was virtually non existent.

I'm going to be 31 in a few months, I'm around 6'4" and one of the fittest guys at the gym without a steroid look and I'd only get matches with overweight and/or with unattractive women. Relative to my age, I'm easily in the top 10% of men so it's quite apparent that unless you are willing to date down by a severe degree you aren't going to land much through any app, site, etc.
 

BackInTheGame78

Moderator
Joined
Sep 10, 2014
Messages
16,864
Reaction score
19,091
I haven't read through all of the posts, but I'm sure this has already been mentioned. OLD sites and apps are for the most part a waste of time for most men. The only men that I've known of who actually landed anything decent on there were guys that were quite young and college aged, I live in a university city. Men beyond this age range would land nothing or were dumpster diving, as any degree of quality was virtually non existent.

I'm going to be 31 in a few months, I'm around 6'4" and one of the fittest guys at the gym without a steroid look and I'd only get matches with overweight and/or with unattractive women. Relative to my age, I'm easily in the top 10% of men so it's quite apparent that unless you are willing to date down by a severe degree you aren't going to land much through any app, site, etc.
Speak for yourself bro...I do great on them as do many other posters. Maybe the women smell a narcissist and avoid?
 

BackInTheGame78

Moderator
Joined
Sep 10, 2014
Messages
16,864
Reaction score
19,091
There is more than one way to skin a cat and discounting any of them is just plain foolish IMO. Especially in this pandemic, it's not like you can just walk into your favorite bar or even gauge reactions from girls behind the masks in the grocery store.

With that said, it's also tiring to hear the same basic messages on here. Lift bro, Looks max, Approach in real life, Don't lose frame, Next her, yadda yadda yadda. Some things can be as easy as that but it's no guarantee and every situation is different with subtle nuances that can exist.

Calibration over instruction in everything. There's no set instructions or secret recipe you can always follow for all situations, even though the PUA community might have you believe otherwise... My $.02
People still talk about dating apps like its 1995 and totally taboo. I don't get it. But it's cool. The more people who stay off the better it is for the people who use them.
 
Top