Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Trouble with sleep. Would love some help guys.

Dr.Suave

Reaction score
I don´t wanna quit my job but sometimes I get this awful shift for a whole semester when I start at 7 A.M. Five days a week.

I try to go to bed early but it´s no use, i just roll around for hours and barely get in any sleep (only have trouble when I have this shift, like it´s psychological or smething).

So I start my shift at 7 AM and you think I would be sleepy AF by sunset or something because I didn´t get much sleep the night before, but no, I don´t get sleepy even on the days I start at 7AM.

My head hurts often because I barely slept anything the night before so I take a couple of Ibuprofen PM pills and that helps but I don´t want to take them every night because a medic told me headache pills are bad for men if you take them for extended periods of time. I´ve tried natural remedies for headaches but they haven´t been very efective.

I´ve tried natural natural pills, teas, special lamps, you name it. No results.

Has anyone else had trouble sleeping when you know you have to wake up early the next day? Did you find a solution?

I await your suggestions. Thanks guys.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don´t wanna quit my job but sometimes I get this awful shift for a whole semester when I start at 7 A.M. Five days a week.

I try to go to bed early but it´s no use, i just roll around for hours and barely get in any sleep (only have trouble when I have this shift, like it´s psychological or smething).

So I start my shift at 7 AM and you think I would be sleepy AF by sunset or something because I didn´t get much sleep the night before, but no, I don´t get sleepy even on the days I start at 7AM.

My head hurts often because I barely slept anything the night before so I take a couple of Ibuprofen PM pills and that helps but I don´t want to take them every night because a medic told me headache pills are bad for men if you take them for extended periods of time. I´ve tried natural remedies for headaches but they haven´t been very efective.

Has anyone else had trouble sleeping when you know you have to wake up early the next day? Did you find a solution?

The only time I had that issue is when I let stress pile up on top of me. The solution is to workout. I hope your not drinking alcohol on these days because it diminishes sleep quality, adds stress to you.

sosousage

Banned
Reaction score

you joking? teas have caffeine, stop drinking them lul

RangerMIke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No caffeine 4 hours before you plan to go to bed, low carb meal for dinner... definitely no sugar. I also limit my intake of fluids a couple of hours before bed-time... but I suspect I'm a bit older than you, and this only becomes a problem when you get into your late 40s and 50s.

Also what helps me is take a yoga practice. That always puts me right to sleep. Meditation helps, but that isn't something you can just do... it takes time and practice. If you are in college those typically have free yoga clubs, see if you can find one, or go on Facebook under events, lots of times there are free community yoga classes available. Most yoga studios offer low cost classes at somewhat odd hours.

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
WAHH WAHHH WAHHH

7am? I had a job starting at 6am, 7am, I'm currently starting 8am but usually get in for 7:30am because that's what winners do.

I also traveled 2 hours each way for a year in my early days, only time to come home eat shower then sleep.

How about you stop being a little fag.

Roober

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
First of all, 7am is nothing, a man's day should start at 6am, regardless of work or not. Sleep is for when your dead.

Now, do you know what gives you anxiety? Have you overslept your alarm clock? Are you behind on projects? Find the source of your anxiety first and foremost!

Second, do you exercise regularly? Exercise helps with just about every part of your life, especially sleep patterns.

Third, do you have a routine for bedtime? Do you watch TV before bed? If so, throw a rock at your TV. Couples with TVs in the bedroom have 75% less sex and it significantly impacts your body (cortisol? I cant remember), limiting quality sleep, so many bad things about TV in general. To give you a reference, I watch about 2 hours of TV a week, usually a movie with the lady, and we do not have a TV in the bedroom. Try reading a paperback book. LCD and LED screens stimulate the mind in a different way, inhibiting normal brain function needed for regular sleep.

Fourth, train yourself to wake without an alarm clock. The mind is a powerful thing and you can actually train yourself to wake up 5 minutes before your alarm clock. Go buy "The Genie Within". I was absolutely floored when I discovered this.

Lastly, if you have to, fire your employer. Yes, you see that correctly. Some companies are not meant to keep an employee. Do NOT quit though. Get tactfully fired so you can collect unemployment until you find your next job. Companies do not like to fire people, and they will give you many opportunities before they do. Set the rules for your employment! You can PM me if you want more info. On how to do this.

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Try deep breathing meditation while listening to some white noise or some special meditative soundtracks that help lower you down in alpha brain wave states...

Its pretty awesome and after a while you'll find that you have mental conversations with yourself as if you were standing as an observer while you and your other self converse about various things...very cool and very weird at the same time.

Von

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Give yourself a Cardio run between 30min to 1 hour
Take melatonin pill (improve sleep-aviator use it to fight jetlag)
Avoid Computers/Screen light 2 hours before bed
Avoid Alcohol
Minimize Coffee to 1 cup morning, 1 early afternoon.
Find stuff to réad that put your brain to off (comics, novels)... Reading outside of computer.
Avoid Humidity in bed room.

Same situation as you soon but i wake up at 5am

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
Air conditioning. Plenty of people sleep better when it’s cold (and not humid). It’s worth the extra $ on the electric bill. Even if you need heavy blankets in the summer, that’s fine.

Don’t even think about looking at your tablet, computer or smartphone. The light messes you up at night.

While your wife/gf might not be thrilled, you can also try sleeping alone. Honestly, sleeping with someone (sleep, not sex) kind of sucks. Hard to relax when you worry about moving too much and disturbing the other person. Try it by yourself on the couch or another bed.

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah I d up the affection to the Mrs if u go separate beds. Otherwise she might c it as the beginning of the end.

btownbuck2012

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
IF you’re in a state where it’s legal, weed.

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wal-Mart sells a product called Alteril; it has some natural herbs and I think Melatonin. A combination of watching some of my favorite gals at Chaturbate, followed by a release of the sexual tension :p, followed by Alteril & Zolpidem works for me. (I have a lot of problems sleeping, so I get the controlled Rx Zolpidem from my physician.) I also take Terazosin for my big prostate, and that helps clear out the sexual tubes during the release.

Oh, and a nice 2 mile walk during the day (or some other exercise) definitely helps as well.

btownbuck2012

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Edibles are great sleep aids.
I’m down with the edibles but I can never be sure when they’re gonna kick in. Smoking it gives me that instance chill state I’m looking for and a great nights sleep. I had to get a tooth pulled yesterday and am getting an implant for it to which the DR. Told me smoking moving forward would effect its longevity. It’s always some bs man, lol.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There’s a product called “Midnight” which is sold in the sleeping aids section of the drug store. It’s all natural and really excellent as a sleep aid. It has melatonin and other natural ingredients and it will gently put you down.

Vantagepoint34

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Quick tip. They did a recent study on this. Avanti research. If you figure out from the Dj bible if you are a saw type. Then you'd have the solution to a sleep syndrome. There is also something called Huntington which is not identified or even in commercials. Would help you out but my shrink is in Jail :crazy: